Edited by neema711, Eng, Dougie, Calob Horton and 13 others
Questions and Answers
I have a Nokia Lumia 530. I have installed WhatsApp but my friends can't message me. What should I do?
I have installed WhatsApp but my friends are unable to see or message me.
The first thing you should try on your Nokia Lumia 530 Windows Phone to fix your WhatsApp application is to uninstall it and reinstall it. After you've re-downloaded and reinstalled WhatsApp onto your phone from the Windows Phone Store, restart your phone. When your phone reboots, open WhatsApp, set it up, and try to receive messages from your friends again. If WhatsApp still does not work for you, you may need to perform a Factory Reset on your Nokia Lumia 530 Windows Phone to fix the issue. Unfortunately, this is a process that many Nokia Lumia 530 owners have had to go through to fix their WhatsApp issues. This will wipe your Nokia Lumia 530's data, so you will want to make sure that you back your phone up first. To back up your Nokia Lumia 530, follow these steps:
- 1Press your phone's Home button.
- 2Swipe from the right to the left to find your applications list.
- 3Scroll to and tap on Settings.
- 4Scroll to and tap on Backup.
- 5Select everything you want to backup.
- 6Wait for about an hour.
Your Nokia Lumia 530 will now back itself up to your OneDrive account, which is connected to the Microsoft account that you logged into to download WhatsApp. Now, follow these instructions to Factory Reset your phone:
- 1Plug your phone into the charger and wait to proceed until it's at 100%.
- 2Keep your phone plugged into its charger.
- 3Open your Settings application once again.
- 4Scroll to and tap on About.
- 5Tap Reset your phone.
- 6Tap Yes twice.
Your phone will now reset. Once the reset is complete, log back into your phone using the same Microsoft account you used previously. Then, go to the Windows Phone Store to download WhatsApp again. You should now be able to send and receive messages to and from your friends without any issue. If you're still having issues with the application, you will need to contact Microsoft's customer support line (Microsoft now owns Nokia phone business) to speak to a customer service representative who can further troubleshoot your issue. However, since a Factory Reset did not work, you will very likely need to get your phone repaired or replaced, since this sounds like a hardware issue. Depending on your warranty status and the severity of the issue, you may or may not need to pay for the repairs or replacement.
I cannot share my music through WhatsApp
Warning: if you are intending to share music, then make sure that it is not copyrighted. To be safe, you may choose to share only your own music. You can get in big trouble for giving out songs without permission from the author. That is why WhatsApp disables that feature.
- 2In Pocket File Manager, Go to the "Pictures" folder on your device where all of your pictures and videos are stored.
- 3Any name will work.Make a new folder there.
- 4Enter your folder with music.
- 5An option will pop up allowing you to copy the song. Do it.Tap and hold a song.
- 6Go back into the folder that you created in step 3.
- 7Paste the song there.
- 8Tap and hold the pasted music file.
- 9Tap on the rename option.
- 10Rename the extension to "mp4".
- 11Open WhatsApp and a conversation with your partner.
- 12Choose "Attachments" and "Videos".
- 13Tap on the folder created in step 3.
- 14This will share your audio file.Tap on the song with the "MP4" extension.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: My phone Nokia Lumia 630, apps not downloading in phone, error 80070490
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Jay, Maria Quinney, DeleteQnA