Edited by Maria Quinney, Dougie-1, Dougie, Codesa8 and 41 others
- 1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 How to remove pattern lock without resetting?
- 1.2 Unable to find the link to Gmail account to unlock my Tecno phone Camon C9 phone?
- 1.3 I want to unlock my Qtab q120. The writing is in Chinese, and I can't understand?
- 1.4 How can I find the password on my daughter's new RCA 10.1 Tablet without losing data or pictures?
- 1.5 I have an LG phone with two more attempts to use the password. How do I get past this without losing my pictures?
- 1.6 I have a Sony Aqua but can't remember my pattern. Holding the start button and volume doesn't work?
- 1.7 How can I access my Droid Razr without wiping my device?
- 1.8 Does this apply on Samsung pocket neo? I tried it, but it seems not to work?
- 1.9 What does FTM mean on my ZTTE zMAX T-Mobile?
- 1.10 Sir, my phone is Lenovo A 6000, my phone is locked?
- 1.11 How to remove password from my Samsung Galaxy SMG-G900H?
- 1.12 How can I unlock my Tecno canon 11 pro without losing data?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
How to remove pattern lock without resetting?
How can I remove the pattern lock on my Android tablet without resetting it? I do not have any Gmail account associated with my device.
Unfortunately, there is no way to unlock a Tablet if it's not associated with a Google account. Thus, your only option is to Hard Reset your Tablet to unlock it. Keep in mind; hard resetting an Android device will erase all of its content.
Follow the steps below to Hard Reset your Tablet:
- 1Turn your device off.
- 2Press and hold the volume down and power button simultaneously.
- 3When your phone turns back on, release the buttons.
- 4Now you should be in recovery mode, where you can scroll up and down using the volume buttons.
- 5Scroll to 'Factory data reset' and select it by quickly pressing the power button.
- 6You should now see a popup asking you whether you're sure you want to erase everything or not.
- 7Confirm the popup to proceed.
- 8Do not press buttons or try to turn your device off during this time. Especially do not remove the battery, as you could damage your device, rendering it unusable.Wait until the tablet is reset.
- 9Once the process is completed, your Tablet will be unlocked.
- 10You should now be able to use your device again.
If you need more help resetting your Android Tablet, or if you have any difficulties performing these steps, let us know in the Q&A section.
Hi, while I was trying to change my screen lock pattern on my Tecno phone Camon C9, I got distracted and forgot about the new screen pattern I just entered. Since then, I've been making vain attempts to unlock my phone, through what was proposed to me on the web. I even tried many wrong patterns, hoping to catch the loop to the Gmail account where I would have been able to enter my data. But I'm not seeing anything while the phone is asking me to wait for 30 seconds before I could make more attempts. I feel very paralyzed because of that. I need help! I do not find the option about the Gmail account, although I did have one and registered my phone with it. I have tried: I tried the various options that were proposed, those apart from the reset mode. I do not want to lose any of my data. I have tried to make as many attempts on my screen lock, but could not remember the right one.
I did not even dare to try the one leading me to the factory reset. I think it was caused by: I was distracted while drawing various patterns, trying to see which one I would remember more than the other. And I clicked on the continue button without realizing it. It led me to the page to Confirm your saved pattern but to no avail. I read about the option of Android Device Manager, but I had not yet installed it, so it could not help me
If through all your attempts you did not see an option to receive a link to your Gmail account, unfortunately, you'll have to hard reset the device.
I want to unlock my Qtab q120. The writing is in Chinese, and I can't understand?
I want to unlock my Qtab q120, and the writing is in Chinese, and I can't understand
As we are not sure what is happening on your screen, we can offer two solutions:
- hieroglyphs next to "eMMC" (hard-reset), the 7th option in the picture below;
- using an online translating tool. Navigate to http://ce.linedict.com/dict.html#/cnen/, click the pen icon at the top, and draw the hieroglyphs that you see one by one to form a phrase or words. This will help you to perform your next actions to unlock your smart device.
How can I find the password on my daughter's new RCA 10.1 Tablet without losing data or pictures?
My granddaughter has forgotten her password. She and my daughter put some special pictures on her new tablet but now we can't get on to recover them since she has forgotten the password. She is only 8 years old. We have tried everything, but when the device is turned on, we get no help at all. Please help. Thank you. When I turn on the Tablet, It just shows the picture my granddaughter chose. I can finally get to the password page and try entering various words (at least 14 each time), but that is as far as it goes. It just turns off again. It doesn't give me any choice to reset the password. I have tried: I tried entering multiple words and numbers, but it doesn't give any options for continuing. I think it was caused by: My granddaughter changed the password several times, and she cannot remember any of them. She is only 8.
If you never set up a Google Account on the Polaroid tablet, you will have to hard reset the device. You can do this with a paper clip or pin by pushing into the small hole on the back of the tablet. It may take pressing down for 30 seconds before the device restarts.
Once a device is locked, there is no way to reset the password to the lock screen on a Polaroid tablet.
I have an LG phone with two more attempts to use the password. How do I get past this without losing my pictures?
The phone isn't allowing me to enter the correct password.
- 2Log in with your Google credentials that you use for the LG smartphone.
- 3You may need to click the picture to select another device from the drop-down menu.As soon as the Web page opens, ascertain that your mobile smartphone is selected in the upper-left corner.
- 4Click "Lock".
- 5Enter a new password in "New password" and confirm it in the input box below.
- 6You may need to reboot your LG smartphone for that.Click "Lock" again and check your phone.
- 7If that did not help or you have no Internet connection, then copy this ZIP file to your microSD card.
- 8Turn off your phone.
- 9The key combination corresponds to the instructions on hard-resetting the smartphone, even though you are not going to erase data.Press the key combination to enter the recovery menu.
- 10Once in the recovery menu, select "apply from SD card", "install zip", or similar selections.
- 11Select the file that you have put onto the microSD card and apply the fix.
- 12This may help you override the password.Reboot your phone by selecting the first option in the recovery menu.
I have forgotten my pattern and unable to lock my phone. I've tried holding the start button and volume, but nothing works. The phone is still locked, and the volume just goes up and down. I would prefer not to have to reset the phone. I can't move anything to the SD card as the phone is locked. It's a vicious circle. The article states to hold the start and volume button together - It doesn't work. Is there an alternative?
You have to press and hold the Power button and Volume Up at the same time until the phone turns on, and you enter Recovery Mode. From there, you will have to hard reset your device. You could have used your Google Account to unlock the device if you synced it previously. This appears as an option after several attempts with the wrong pin.
How can I access my Droid Razr without wiping my device?
This is my old phone that recently broke, the screen cracked. When I got it repaired, I couldn't get past the lock screen because I ran out of attempts on the pattern, and it's not taking my Gmail account info
You will need to try one method before you have to hard-reset the phone.
- 2Keep the phone turned off.Then put the microSD card back into the phone.
- 3Press and hold both the volume and the power buttons until the recovery mode appears.
- 4Navigate with the volume-down button, then select options with the volume-up button.
- 5Select "install zip" and apply the ZIP file from the microSD card.
- 6Select "reboot system now".
Does this apply on Samsung pocket neo? I tried it, but it seems not to work?
I switched off, then on with power button and volume down button simultaneously, but it's not working. It just switches on only. How should I do this, please assist? When I press the two buttons, it takes me to a normal screen, not the resetting one. I'm using a Samsung pocket.
Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on a Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo:
- Take the battery out of the device, then put it back in.
- Press volume up + home button + power button simultaneously.
- Once the Samsung logo appears, release all three buttons.
- With the volume down button, select wipe data/factory reset, then press the power button to confirm.
- Select yes -- delete all user data.
- Once the device's data is cleared, select reboot system now.
What does FTM mean on my ZTTE zMAX T-Mobile?
Forgot my password (pattern) from a ZTE zMAX T-Mobile
It means you are in Field Test Mode. Remove the battery from your ZTE for a few minutes, and that should take you out of Field Test Mode by performing a soft reset.
Sir, my phone is Lenovo A 6000, my phone is locked?
Sir, my phone is Lenovo A 6000, and it is locked. I forgot my pattern lock, what can I do sir? How can I reset the pattern lock without losing data? Please help me!
Unfortunately, there is no way around unlocking your device if you've forgotten the lock screen pattern/password. Performing a factory reset is the only way to unlock the phone.
How to remove password from my Samsung Galaxy SMG-G900H?
How can I remove password from my Samsung Galaxy SMG-G900H without data loss. I have been trying to unlock it, but I can't remember it.please what can you do has a solution for me please I have been unable to unlock and operate my device since it happened.
If you backed your data up before you forgot the password, you can restore it after you perform a hard reset. There is no way around removing the lock screen pattern once you've forgotten the password/pattern.
How can I unlock my Tecno canon 11 pro without losing data?
Please I forgot the pattern to my Tecno camon 11pro how I unlock it without losing data. I change my pattern last night and turned off my phone this morning I tried opening but it says to start Android draw pattern. I have tried: I have input all the pattern I can think of I browsed the internet too but the answers am getting will wipe the whole data in phone which I don't want. I think it was caused by: I forgot the pattern and my phone has given two more chance to try unlocking it correctly else I will loose my data
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: Colleen Mcafee, mrs sumaira, neema