Edited by shenadavis217, Grimm, cadtals, Dougie and 16 others
Questions and Answers
How to get Galaxy S5 to store photos on new 64 gig SD card?
Just purchased a SanDisk 64 gig SD card for my Galaxy S5. When I go to Camera settings, there is no option for Storage displayed.
You need to make sure your SD card is properly formatted for use in the Samsung Galaxy S5. Once you've done that, it should work. If it does not, restart the device, and try again.
Also, note that there are two Settings menus on the camera option, and you need to be in the second one to be able to modify your default storage. Please use the following steps to save photos to your SD card by default:
- 1Press the Home button to get to your home screen.
- 2Tap the Camera shortcut icon.
- 3Tap the on screen Settings gear icon with the greater than sign >.
- 4Tap the new Settings gear icon (this one has no greater than sign).
- 5Scroll through the settings until you see Storage, and tap on it.
- 6Choose Memory Card, and your photos will now be saved to your memory card.
- 7Take a photo to make sure it's saved, and now your photos are stored on the SD card.
- 8As the Samsung Galaxy S5 allows you to choose different sized memory cards, in most cases, the default will be your device (web browsers, music, and such). You can change any of these settings by accessing the Settings function for an item, and then setting the default storage to your SD card.Note that most apps have a Default Storage or Storage setting.
I've used 13.6 GB of total 16 GB space. Trying to save photos to SD card instead of phone?
I've gone to camera, settings, and 'storage location phone' is not an active setting that I can change.. . Can you help me from there? I am not ready to purchase another phone. I am moving old photos off of phone to a PC and external hard drive. I don't see situation of inability to change storage location covered. I have tried: Explained on 1st screen; I do not know what else to add. I think it was caused by: Lack of storage on older phone; lack of storage on SD card; I do not know what else to add
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: I got this Samsung Galaxy S7 from this guy Josh off of Craigslist and told me that I just need to set it up to my WiFi then take it to a phone service provider and I was good to go. When I got home, I set it up to my WiFi, but then the phone said I need t
Categories : All About Samsung Galaxy S5
Recent edits by: Visihow Admin, Jay, Maria Quinney