How to fix problem where svoice websearch does not show local listings with the map and phone number like in a normal google search.
Edited by Eng
Samsung got greedy and hooked svoice web searches NOT to Google directly, but to Google cse (custom search engine). This allows Samsung to get money from all those searches when ads appear on the search pages. A highly profitable move. Unfortunately the increase revenue comes at the expense of the user experience. I don't know about anyone else but having come from an iPhone I constantly use s-voice to search for local businesses by saying things like "search the web for the bulk barn in Detroit Michigan". This simply does not work on my Samsung Galaxy. I wanted my local listings back. My solution is to use "voice search" by Google and set it up to launch from my home screen.
- 1Find and launch the Google play store.
- 2Be sure to install "voice search" not "Google search" Both are Google apps but you need to install "voice search"Search for "Google voice search" and install.
- 3(It is a blue icon picturing a mic)Now add the icon to your home screen.
- 4Now you can easily click voice search and start talking right away.
- 5If anyone finds a way please update this wiki.It would be easier if you could have this come up directly from double clicking your home button, but to date I have not found a way to do it without installing a launcher app.
- Another clunkier (imho) solution is to install "Google now" and press and hold the home button. When the popup appears if you look carefully you will see a Google G icon at the very bottom. It is just above your home button. Click that and your into Google now. While "Google now" is more feature rich the problem is that you still have to click the mic icon to start searching by voice. Too clunky imho.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy