House Cleaning Apps BrightNest vs Unfilth Your Habitat vs OurHome ... and 7 more
Edited by Chris Stipe, Eng, Maria, Alma and 1 other
With not enough time in the day, keeping up with housework can be a daunting task. Thankfully though, there a variety of different house cleaning apps that can help you survive!
Whether this is a sink full of dishes, the trash is overfilled or there's an awful stench coming from your fridge, those day-to-day household tasks written in that notebook binder don't pop up and remind you or send you a notification to let you know. You know what does though? That's right - a house cleaning app.
Let us take a look at some of the top house cleaning apps to help you survive and take back control over your busy day.
Method 1: BrightNest
Are you one that is looking around your room this very minute and thinking to yourself, "I don't even know where to start?" If you are then you might want to consider trying out the BrightNest app to help learn how to take care of your home. Not only is this app full of great and helpful tips for cleaning parts of your home, it even gets right down to the specifics like telling you how to clean up stains on your toilet. Whatever the case may be, this app might just be right for you.
- Schedule tasks: see a design idea or home tip you like? Then schedule a time to try it - whenever is convenient for you.
- Customized tips: reach your goals with by receiving our custom-tailored home tips that are based on your needs and your home's unique traits (like floor type).
- Get reminders: when it is time to get something done, we will send you a reminder to make sure you'll never forget.
- Free version.
Method 2: Unfilth Your Habitat
Do you feel unmotivated to get started on your housework even though you know what you need to do? Then Unfilth Your Habitat is the next app that will be the right choice for you. With the ability to create a list of chores that you need to complete and also setting a timer for each of those tasks, you will have a concrete view of how long each of those tasks should take for you to complete.
- Clean and simple to use interface.
- Create a customized to-do list and reminders to keep you on schedule.
- Reward yourself with the 20/10 reminder with a 10-min break for every 20-min of work.
- Paid version is $0.99.
Method 3: OurHome
If you are looking for a simple way to organize your family, with your significant other or roommate, OurHome is the app you need. With younger people, it can be harder to motivate them to do chores, but by using this app, you can reward them for their efforts, providing positive motivation for them to get them done. And best of all - it's free to use with no ads!
- Assign and schedule tasks and chores. Setup rewards and goals to motivate younger people/kids.
- A shared family calendar and grocery list to help everyone keep coordinated, connected and on the same page.
- Send and receive messages and set reminders on tasks and chores.
- Free version.
Method 4: ThredUP
It's that time of year - that's right - it's spring time! One of the biggest chores at this time of year can be tackling your closest but with ThredUP, you can take care of that mountainous pile up of clothes piled up in your closet. ThredUp service specializes in selling and buying used kids and women's clothing online. Not only that but if you sign up (which is free), you will also get a free Clean Out Kit.
- Just for downloading the app, you will get 20% off your 1st Mobile App Order.
- With hundreds of must-have styles showing up every minute, it's the only shopping app you need for buying clothes.
- ThredUP has the best deals on all of your favorite brands with all items on sale up to 90% off retail.
- Free version.
Method 5: Motivated Moms
Just in need of a calendar with a pre-planned checklist of chores that will allow you to have a clean, organized home while still saving time for yourself? Then check out Motivated Moms. This app is designed to help you complete chores and tasks throughout the year so you don't have to spend your entire day doing housework.
- Ability to add unlimited custom tasks. Checkoff chores as they are done and they drop to the bottom of the list and out of your way.
- New! Sync between Android and iOS devices (account registration required). Now everyone can be connected regardless of the device they use.
- All tasks in the average home are planned out for you throughout the year so you won't have to remember when you changed the A/C filter last.
- Paid version $0.99.
Method 6: Wunderlist
With a lot of useful functions, an attractive menu and it's ease of use, Wunderlist a well-designed app that has helped millions of users so far capture their ideas, things to do and places to see. Whether you are working on a project, want to share a grocery list with a loved one, or even planning a vacation, Wunderlist makes it easy to share your lists and collaborate with everyone in your life. It is the best to-do list app says The Verge and I would have to agree.
- Create all the lists you need and access them from any of your devices, whether they be a phone, tablet or a computer.
- Collaborate with family and friends with ease by easily sharing lists.
- Organize your projects from home, work and everywhere in between.
- Free version with in-app purchases. Pro version is available for $4.99 / month.
Method 7: Cozi
With the app's ability to work like your own personal assistant, it's no wonder that Cozi has been downloaded by over 4 million families. Keep your whole family in the loop and managing your jam-packed life has never been easier with this must-have house cleaning app.
- Family Calendar: is easy to use and color-coded. You can view the whole family's schedule or a particular person. You can even add or edit appointments that everyone in the family can see.
- Shopping Lists: Provide shopping lists that can be accessed by everyone in the family. Retrieve those lists quickly at the store so you can check off items on the list or add new ones as you shop.
- Family Journal: you can jot down that special moment and even add a photo all while you are on the go. Cozi's journal is designed specifically for busy moms and dads.
- Free version with in-app purchases. Premium version also available.
Method 8: Tody
Just as fast as you clean your house it can seem that by the time you finish one room, things in another room are spiraling out of control but you can get a grip on that broom handle with the Tody app. Tody is a smarter to-do list for managing household cleaning routines. It will motivate and optimize your cleaning.
- Enhance your satisfaction by visualizing the effect of cleaning and visualize dirtiness to motivate cleaning with Tody.
- Be put in control of your cleaning routines instead of letting them control you with no deadlines, alarms, and notifications.
- Turning cleaning into a game! House members can share plans across devices and users and check-in to claim credit for their actions. (Plan-Sharing is an in-app purchase.)
- Paid version for $3.
- Tody can be downloaded from for iOS.
Method 9: Handy
What if a tap of your thumb could make everything and anything easier to do? Wouldn't you want to use that app? Well, Handy is that app you've been looking for! Find everything from trusted cleaners to reliable painters to skilled electricians and everything in between for every job. Covering over 30 cities across the globe, Handy is reinventing the way we all get work done around the house.
- Every single pro has been made sure that they are insured, experienced, and background checked to ensure that you won't have anything to worry about.
- Plentiful availability ensures that you can book a pro the very next day, every day, from anytime late or night or early in the morning.
- Customer service team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with ensuring that you are happy with a money-back guarantee.
- Free version.
Method 10: Chorma for Chores
Whether you want to organize chores with your significant other, kids or roommates, Chorma for Chores is designed to help you do this in an easy and fun way. Plus since it's free, why not give it a try today!
- Coordinate with house members: Chorma syncs between devices, so that it is easy to collaborate and coordinate who does what even when no one is home.
- Earn rewards: by doing chores you will accumulate points. When you're ready, Chorma helps you organize a family activity like going to have a meal out.
- Free version. Pro version available for $1.99/month or $19.99/year.
- Chorma for Chores can be downloaded from for iOS.