Turn your Samsung Galaxy Note II, s3 or s4 into a wifi hotspot to share internet with your laptop wirelessly
Edited by Dougie, sm, Dougie-1, Calob Horton and 14 others
1 Questions and Answers
- 1.1 Hotspot issues, can't connect laptop to the internet using my phone as a hotspot?
- 1.2 S4 Samsung cell phone, Aspire/V5 laptop with Windows8.1. I don't have a problem connecting to my hotspot, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use my S4 as a remote to play my music and control volume and song selection from my cellphone instead of getting up to my laptop all the time to do those functions?
- 1.3 My Samsung Note3 was set up as a mobile hotspot for my laptop nearly two years ago. It is now no longer connecting?
- 1.4 Hotspot Connection - ASUS One laptop (Windows 10) doesn't see Samsung Galaxy S4 (Lolipop 5.0)?
- 1.5 PC no longer connects to Android phone's wireless hotspot?
- 1.6 W10 Phone - mobile hotspot speed is less than 100 kb?
- 1.7 Hi, I am trying to set up my unlocked cell phone Samsung Note2 as a wireless hotspot using a new SIM card and it won't work?
- 1.8 I have the Samsung Note2 and all of a sudden it won't hook up with the home router. I use very little data so I opted for a 1GB data plan. Since I've done that, I can no longer access the home router. My Laptop has full strength but my phone can't access. Can you help? I have Verizon?
- 1.9 Was trying to find a way to turn Note2 (Verizon) WiFi hotspot on without paying extra fees?
- 1.10 Hi, I have a question about my end created hotspot that can not share the network, how can I resolve my issue?
- 1.11 Can't turn on my hotspot on Galaxy 4?
- 1.12 How can I send an invitation message to nearby smartphone devices using WiFi. I am using Note3?
- 1.13 Hi, I am from Papua new Guinea?
- 2 Comments
Questions and Answers
Hotspot issues, can't connect laptop to the internet using my phone as a hotspot?
My Laptop can't find my phone as a hotspot.
If you have followed the instructions in the article below and your computer still can't find your phone as a hotspot do the following:
- Make sure your computer can connect to other networks.
- If it can, then the problem is with your phone.
- If it cannot, then the problem is with your computer. Perhaps you don't have a WiFi card installed, or maybe the one you have has malfunctioned, and it will need repairs.
- If the problem is with your phone, take it into an authorized service center for repair.
See more questions like this: S5 Hotspot connects to Laptop but no internet is available?
S4 Samsung cell phone, Aspire/V5 laptop with Windows8.1. I don't have a problem connecting to my hotspot, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use my S4 as a remote to play my music and control volume and song selection from my cellphone instead of getting up to my laptop all the time to do those functions?
S4 Samsung cellphone, Aspire/V5 laptop with Windows 8.1
My Samsung Note3 was set up as a mobile hotspot for my laptop nearly two years ago. It is now no longer connecting?
I need the access I used to rely upon. My laptop no longer connects to my phone. I removed the device from my phone and from my computer, re-paired them from scratch, and now my computer will not connect. I think that perhaps it will not stop to ask me for a password, which I would expect it to do. The laptop sees the phone in my list of available wireless connection points, but when I click to connect, it quickly says it is unable to do so, and the troubleshooting section does not help. I have Windows 7 on my laptop.
Do you have Kies installed on your PC? Try that program to have your PC recognize your Note3. Have you tried to tether and USB hotspot? If you updated your Note3, you should put your phone into Recovery Mode and choose Wipe Cache Partition. Then choose Clear Dalvik Cache from the same Recovery Menu. You should also see if your cell phone plan has changed to not allow hotspot features.
Hotspot Connection - ASUS One laptop (Windows 10) doesn't see Samsung Galaxy S4 (Lolipop 5.0)?
ASUS One laptop (Windows 10) doesn't see Samsung Galaxy S4 (Lolipop 5.0) hotspot. Other devices can see the hotspot, but not the Windows 10 laptop. I've done all the available Windows updates already hoping it was a driver issue, but no dice. Do you have any suggestions?. I have tried: WiFi Sense toggles on laptop (Windows 10) for visible and share device on phone (Android 5.0). I think it was caused by: Never been able to connect using Windows 10 laptop. Have connected a Windows 8.1 laptop to the same phone previously.
According to [Microsoft's Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense Support Page], you need to be signed into your Microsoft account for this to work. You should also enable Location on your device. If these two solutions do not resolve your issue, then go through the other suggestions on the Support Page. One trick is to install Kies on your PC and see if then the phone is connected. For some people, this seems to tell Windows 10 that your Samsung is OK to connect to.
PC no longer connects to Android phone's wireless hotspot?
Hi Daniel, I Went to use my Android phone as a wireless hotspot, but it no longer seems to connect for some reason. I've tried using USB tethering but that doesn't work anymore either. I checked to see if the Qualcomm Atheros AR946x Wireless Network adapter needed to be upgraded on my PC, but it's up to date. Also, I'm able to access the internet via our home network/wireless router, so not sure why I'm having a problem hooking up via the phone.
This could be due to your carrier or OS. Lollipop OS made tethering via USB almost useless. If you have a Samsung then you can install Kies on the PC to tether. Otherwise, make sure that you are connected to the same WiFi network if you are using a WiFi option to screen share. Sometimes, PC's seem to only connect if you enable the WiFi when you are attempting to connect the phone.
W10 Phone - mobile hotspot speed is less than 100 kb?
Laptop connects to phone OK but I only get <100 kbs to/from internet. My phone reports >5 Mbps when mobile hotspot is disabled.. Don't understand this one! Not covered elsewhere (that I can find).
I cannot use my 950 XL as a mobile hotspot as the connection speed to the internet is showing as less than 100 kb (and is that slow). However, my 950 XL with hotspot disabled is reporting nice 4G speeds and I can confirm that I'm getting those. I have tried: Soft reboot of phone, reboot of laptop. Problem has persisted now for several days - it used to be OK. NB - no phone updates available nor any installed for a month or so. I think it was caused by: I have absolutely no idea. That's why I'm asking. LOL
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Hi, I am trying to set up my unlocked cell phone Samsung Note2 as a wireless hotspot using a new SIM card and it won't work?
My SIM will work on my friend's phone as a hotspot but it won't work on my own phone. Also, his SIM will work for hotspot on my phone but my own SIM won't work on my phone.
Since your phone is unlocked, did you install Xposed Framework on the device? This is needed on many unlocked devices in order to hotspot. Otherwise, even after a phone is unlocked, some carriers like AT&T require you to turn their AT&T hotspot app to avoid conflict.
I have the Samsung Note2 and all of a sudden it won't hook up with the home router. I use very little data so I opted for a 1GB data plan. Since I've done that, I can no longer access the home router. My Laptop has full strength but my phone can't access. Can you help? I have Verizon?
Accessing the home router with my Samsung Note II cell phone
- 1Reset your router. This can be done by unplugging it for a few minutes.
- 2Delete all the previous saved WiFi accounts to your home router on your Note2.
- 3Try to connect again.
- 4Check your APN Settings under the More option in Settings.
- 5If all of this fails, hard reset your device. If that fails, then you will need to install new hardware which can be done through Kies on the PC.
See more questions like this: When I turning on my WiFi my mobile tethering hotspot going off but why
See more questions like this: My Note2 required WiFi sign in again and again and net connection automatically disconnected how I sign in
Was trying to find a way to turn Note2 (Verizon) WiFi hotspot on without paying extra fees?
Was trying to find a way to turn Note2 (Verizon) WiFi hotspot on without paying extra fees
The only free method is to Unlock your device from Verizon and then use Xposed Framework. If you prefer not to unlock your device, try the FoxFi app. It appears to once again bypass Verizon's hotspot lock. The only issue is that each time you update the OS, the FoxFi app may not work until they catch up and patch the app.
The question of hotspot created that can not share the network. I have tried: I tried to share it by going to wireless properties of my created hotspot and share it but it does not work. I think it was caused by: Right now I become very weak somehow because it is above my possibility. Please sir, try to show me next step of troubleshooting
Follow the suggestions within the answers on this page. If this is your first time using the hotspot, you may not have it configured or be allowed to. If you are still experiencing issues, try the FoxFi app from Google Play.
Can't turn on my hotspot on Galaxy 4?
Can't turn on my hotspot on Galaxy 4
If you can't turn on your hotspot, then it is your cell carrier that is stopping this. Some networks such as Straight Talk require you to purchase an additional hotspot package.
How can I send an invitation message to nearby smartphone devices using WiFi. I am using Note3?
Hello sir, I am using Samsung Note3 smartphone and like to use it as hotspot to transmit invitation messages to nearby smartphones, how can I do that, thanks.
You can only hotspot to 5 other devices at one time. Another option would be to use Bluetooth to transmit a message which is now available to do over Lollipop OS. If you all have a Samsung device then you can use their SmartShare option. For your message to transmit, both you and the other person would have to pair your devices.
Hi, I am from Papua new Guinea?
I have a problem to access email on the laptop while hotspot is on, on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I used to access while in New Zealand but when I came to PNG, both PNG SIM insert & used in the phone while hotspot is on, can access email on phone but not on laptop. Can you tell me what is the problem?. I have tried: >check the network connection
>check hotspot connection
>check WiFi connection
>check SIM card. I think it was caused by: > Connection between Laptop & phone is not working. >Laptop Connection to Hotspot, how to do the connection
>USB device not working
Are the APN Settings correct for the SIM Card? This would prevent you from being able to use the phone to the hotspot with your laptop. Also, if your carrier is not supported to the hotspot in the region this could also be the issue.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: VC, snowy69, prettygoofy