Homemade Carbonara With Ham, Chicken and Pork Sausage
Edited by Timbuktu, Maria Quinney, Charmed, Mian Sheilette Ong and 3 others
Almost everyone might have already had a taste of pasta Carbonara, especially if Italian food is welcomed by their eager taste buds. Carbonara is a popular Italian dish made during the mid-20th century. The recipe uses pasta such as spaghetti, bucatini, rigatoni, or fettuccine. It usually features eggs, bacon, black pepper, and cheese. Traditionally, after the noodles are cooked, they are removed from the direct heat. While they are still very hot, the cheese, butter (cream or olive oil can be used), and eggs are added to avoid the coagulating effect of direct heat on the egg. The egg then helps bind the ingredients together in a creamy sauce. The pork or bacon, cooked separately in oil, is incorporated, giving more flavor to the dish. Over time, many pasta lovers have come up with their own versions of pasta carbonara.
- 11/4 kilogram of pasta spaghettiAdvertisement
- 21/4 kilogram of chicken (breast part)Advertisement
- 3300 ml single cream
- 42 cups of skimmed milk
- 550 grams of ham
- 630 grams of cheese
- 7100 grams of smoked pork sausage
- 81 small carrot
- 92 dried basil leaves
- 10Salt and pepper to taste
- 11Cooking oil
- 121 chicken broth cube or 1 tablespoon chicken powder
Steps to Prepare
- 1Boil the chicken breast for 20 minutes.Advertisement
- 2Drop the spaghetti in the pot to cook, constantly stirring to make sure the pasta won't stick into the bottom of the pot.While waiting for the chicken to cook, boil a generous amount of water, and add 3 tablespoons of oil and 3 tablespoons of salt.
- 3Slice the sausages at an angle.
- 4Slice the ham into small cubes.
- 5Shred the carrot thinly.
- 6DO NOT run under cold water. To determine if the pasta is cooked al dente, get out a string of the cooked pasta and taste it. If it is firm but chewy, it is good to go.When the pasta is cooked to perfection, drain the water and set aside.
- 1Put the chicken, sausage, and shredded carrots in a saucepan with oil and saute.
- 1Place a good amount of pasta on a dinner plate.
- 2Pour over enough sauce on top of the pasta.
- 3Grate the cheese and sprinkle it on top.
- 4Sprinkle the fried ham on top of that.
- 5Serve while hot.
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this recipe. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute certain procedures.