Decorate Your Home Theater
Edited by Frank Fazio, Eng
Decorating Your Home Theater
Decorating your theater is, in my opinion, the most enjoyable part of the building process. It is usually done at the end of construction, and gives you a chance to customize the look and feel of your home theater.
When choosing home theater decor, remember the following:
- 1Glass is reflective.Advertisement
- 2Sound will vibrate your walls.Advertisement
- 3Be careful where you shop. This may sound like a strange one, but what I'm getting at is the shops that carry home theater decor will usually charge you more. This is based on the fact that they know you have home theater and chances are you will pay more to get what you want. Save yourself some cash and buy from amazon or ebay.
- 4Secure wall hanging objects. The reason you want to be careful with hanging decor on your wall is because walls tend to vibrate during intense bass scenes. Above, in one of my previous points, I gave you an idea to stop the rattle during vibrations. Stopping rattles is one thing, but it you don't secure decor, it may fall off the wall or items may fall off shelves you may have installed. Another reason why you want hanging decor secured to the wall is because during movies when the lights are out, people tend to move around getting to the bathroom or getting something to eat. People tend to rub up along the wall to find their way out of the dark room and they hit hanging objects on the way.
- 5You can't see in the dark. If you've blown your budget on your home theater and you can't afford decor, don't worry about it. You'll spend most of your time in your home theater sitting in the dark watching a movie, so you will go for the functional rather than the decorated.
- 6Larger objects are better than smaller objects.
Categories : Home Theater
Recent edits by: Frank Fazio