Hide Folders in Samsung Tablets and Phones
Edited by Eman, Melsan, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz and 26 others
If you share your phone or tablet with other people, you need a simple way to keep certain files, folders and applications out of the wrong hands. You can follow a very simple process that doesn't require the use of third-party applications to keep your files, photos and videos private on your Samsung device. All you have to do is rename the folder. If you want to organize your tablet's home screen and keep your applications private, the Samsung Galaxy versions 10.1 and later offer you the option to do so with only a few taps.
- 1 Hide Files or Folders
- 2 View or UnHide Hidden Files or Folders
- 3 Hiding Applications
- 4 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 5 Benefits of Hiding Folders
- 6 Tips and Tricks
7 Questions and Answers
- 7.1 Hide apps on Tab 3,So they just did a software update and now these instructions on hiding apps does not work. All of the apps that were previously hidden are not any more. Can you help me fix this?
- 7.2 My MYfolder on my tablet is linked only to my gallery?
- 7.3 If I want to hide photos or downloaded images do I have to do one by one in my files as I can not create new folder there?
- 7.4 How to hide Pictures on Samsung E5?
- 7.5 I accidentally hid my pictures, and I have no idea where they went and now I'm trying to retrieve them, but I have no idea how to do it?
- 7.6 How to hide the SMS content and only see a notification on a Grand Prime?
- 7.7 Where is the applications menu, because I don't know?
- 8 Comments
- 9 User Reviews
Hide Files or Folders
View or UnHide Hidden Files or Folders
- 3If you wish to Unhide the file permanently you can rename it and remove the period at the start of the name.
A built-in feature on Samsung Galaxy tablet versions 10.1 and later allows you to easily hide certain applications when you want to share your tablet with others. This is a simple method that can also protect your children from accessing unsafe or inappropriate apps while working on the tablet. See below to learn how to do it:
- 1Turn on the tablet or boot it up.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure that you uncheck the "Show Hidden Files" to make your folder hidden.
- This is for hiding the folder only, not putting a password on a folder.
Benefits of Hiding Folders
- 1Privacy. If you have confidential files, photos, videos and documents on your device, you don't need to worry about them being accessed either intentionally or accidentally when someone borrows your phone or tablet. Hiding certain content ensures that you're the only person who can access it. It also helps you avoid making the mistake of attaching private files, photos or other documents to emails or posting them to social media when you're in a hurry or you accidentally press the wrong button.
- 2Organization. When your home screen is is cluttered with a bunch of apps, files and folders, you can't easily find what you're looking for. Identifying and categorizing sensitive or confidential files and hiding them can free up space and leave you more room for apps and files you use on a regular basis. Plus, you'll be more productive when working on a clean, clutter-free space.
- 3Ease of access. Since hidden files are stored in the background, they don't get in the way of other more commonly accessed files. By hiding private files and those you don't use on a regular basis, it will be much easier to scroll through and find what you're actually looking for.
Tips and Tricks
- 1Organize and label your hidden folders so you can find your files quickly. Identify which type of files you'll keep in each hidden folder and add your files accordingly. Mixing and matching files will make it more confusing and difficult to find what you are looking for. With a labeled folder, you'll know exactly where to look.
- 2Prioritize the files that you want to hide. If you have way too many hidden folders, it can be difficult to keep track of all of your files. Sort through your files and make sure that you're only hiding what's necessary.
- 3Develop an inventory of your hidden folders. If you do have a lot of private content, it would help if you keep an inventory of your hidden folders so that when you need to find a specific file, you'll know exactly where to find it. You can create a list of your hidden folders in a notepad or on paper in a safe and secure place.
Questions and Answers
I need help to hide my folders again. Thanks so much!
We have a guide that will show you how to hide files on the new hide files on the new Samsung. These steps are fairly standard across Android devices, and so you should be able to benefit from the steps in this guide, allowing you to hide your folders from prying eyes once more.
MY Samsung tab 2 10.0. My files folder is not showing the file structure and only showing pictures by date
In the Root Menu, you need to create folders to move what you want there. Currently, you only have the gallery but can create new folders and subfolders from within the folders.
If I want to hide photos or downloaded images do I have to do one by one in my files as I can not create new folder there?
I am using a Samsung Galaxy j1 ace, if I go into my files on home screen, I find all downloaded images and camera images. Now to hide these images one by one is tedious. Also, I don't know how to create new folder so I can hide created folder
Within Private Mode, you just tap to select all the photos you want to hide and then move them as a group to Private. You can read more about Private Mode on the VisiHow article mentioned in a top answer.
How to hide Pictures on Samsung E5?
I have tried above technique to add a dot in front on file name. I have moved the picture to my studio (.studio) but the pictures are still visible in the Gallery
Now you have to use Private Mode to completely hide images. If you do not to have the Private Mode enabled then you can test an image by deleting one in the Gallery and then check Studio to see if it is saved in there still.
See more questions like this: How can I hide applications on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
I accidentally hid my pictures, and I have no idea where they went and now I'm trying to retrieve them, but I have no idea how to do it?
Now I can find any of my pictures whatsoever they're all lost and I have no access to them so I'm trying to figure out a way to get them back. But I do not know the process on how to do it. And when I accidentally hit the files I never named it, it just got hide without a name.
Access the Root Menu in My Files. They should be stored in the default folder. If not then hook your phone up to the PC and see if you can explore those files to see where they are stored. If you turned Private Mode on, you would have had to do a set up first so it is probably not in that location.
How to hide the SMS content and only see a notification on a Grand Prime?
No matter what setting I choose to not display or hide SMS notification content, on a Galaxy Grand prime I can only either turn the notification off or on, when on, it displays the message content and I only want to see a message notification and not the text. Any Advise?
Go back into your Message Settings. In there is an option to turn off the preview screen. Enable a lock screen and you will only see that you have messages and not what they say.
I don't know where applications are. I have tried: Nothing because I don't know where applications are. I think it was caused by: I don't know, I don't know where applications are, please show me
Usually, it says Apps on the Home Screen, you swipe left on the screen and will see Windows with apps. You also should have a circle with 6 dots or dots in a square pattern which represents the app doc on your Home Screen.
There is no user reviews.