Edited by Alma, Maria Quinney, kingsourav, Dougie and 10 others
Questions and Answers
Block number and SMS in Nokia Lumia 520?
I have Nokia Lumia 520, so there is no feature to block the number and SMS, so what can I do?
In order to block phone calls and SMS messages you need to have the Call+SMS Filter App installed on your Nokia Lumia 520. If you haven't used this app previously, follow these steps to install it:
- 1On your start screen, open the Windows phone Marketplace.
- 2Search for the Call+SMS Filter App.
- 3Once you find the app, click on it.
- 4On the app page click on the 'Install' button.
- 5Wait for the installation process to complete.
- 6Now you have installed the Call+SMS Filter App on your Windows phone.
To block calls from any of your contacts, follow these steps:
- 1On the Start screen, tap on 'Phone.
- 2Go to the 'Call History'.
- 3Tap and hold on any number that you want to block.
- 4In the drop-down menu, click on the 'Block Number' option.
- 5Now you should see a popup asking if you are sure you want to block this number. Tap on the 'Agree' button.
- 6Now the blocked number will not be able to call you anymore.
To block SMS messages using the Call+SMS Filter App, follow these steps:
- 1On your Start screen, go to 'Messaging'.
- 2Tap and hold the SMS or text message that you want to block.
- 3From the menu, select the 'Block Number' option.
- 4A popup window will appear and ask you for confirmation to proceed.
- 5Once you've confirmed, the blocked number can't send you any more text messages.
If you have additional questions, let us know in the Q&A section.
More questions and answers on this topic can be found here: My phone Nokia Lumia 630, apps not downloading in phone, error 80070490
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: annasonia, Jacob, dineshk