Group Iphone Contacts
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Lynn, Rebecca M. and 2 others
If you're dealing with a huge contact list, with contacts from different social circles or business groups, grouping your contacts can be one of the smartest ways to manage everyone. For iPhone users, there's no direct way to do this on the phone itself, but with some handy third party software you no longer need to go through hundreds of contacts looking for someone. Just head straight to their group and you can begin calling or messaging in no time. Read on below to find out how.
What You Will Need
Downloading And Using Copytrans Contacts
- 1You can download the software here.Copytrans is a handy application that let you group your iPhone contacts.
- 2Install the software following the prompts and then open it on your computer.
- 3From the menu that appears, just choose "New group" and give the group a name.From within Copytrans, you can create a contact group by right clicking in the open space on the groups pane.
- 4It's that easy and now your iPhone contacts will be grouped for easier management.Now select the contacts from the contacts pane and drag them into the groups as desired.
Tips, Tricks & Warnings
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to the PC if you can't see your contacts list, if you still can't see them, try removing and reconnecting your phone.
- There is no limit to the number of groups you can make.
Things to Remember When Grouping Your Contacts
- 1If you happen to wrongly classify one person, you may end up leaking information which are not relevant to that person. It will be beneficial to check your list from time to time to make sure that you have the right people in that group.Make sure the right people belong to the right group.
- 2One of the most common errors in grouping contacts is sending information that are not really relevant all the time. Since sending group messages is rather easy because of this function, there is a tendency for some people to over-send messages up until the point that the message is not necessary to be received anymore. Be more discerning of the messages you are sending and consider if a person really needs to get it.Consider if a person is really necessary to be part of a group.
- 3When sending group messages, not all contacts would like their contact information to be leaked to other people. For example, when sending group emails, some people would not want their email addresses seen by others. Therefore, consider options that do not leak out the contact details of others.Protect the anonymity of your contacts.
- 4If you can avoid writing down confusing codes and screen names, do so. If you label them properly, you will be able to easily know which ones to send a message to. In normal cases, contacts are grouped accordingly to family, work, company, or where you met that person. The more organized your labels are, the easier it is to distinguish.Label your groups properly.
Advantages of Grouping Your Contacts
- 1When your contacts are grouped, you do not need to send the message one by one. You just need to create one message and then select the group that you are sending it to. This is especially the case if you are sending to more than 10 people.It saves a lot of time when sending group messages.
- 2Some people may have the same name and it may get you confused. Therefore, if you group them accordingly, you would be able to easily remember who that person is. It helps you in identifying and distinguishing people from one another.It keeps you organized.
- 3You save yourself from the trouble of having to recall who to send a message to when sending group messages. As long as you carefully made your groups, you should be confident enough that you are not forgetting anyone when sending.It helps you not to miss out certain people when making group announcements.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Noindexed pages | IPhone
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Rebecca M., Lynn