Get traffic to your blog
Edited by Ephraim, Charmed, Jefrey Matias, Lynn and 6 others
A blog, like any other website, can offer a great deal of information and a lot of helpful tips, but if no one sees them, whats the point? Getting indexed or found by a search engine or directory can make good financial sense for you. It's a great way to be able to add some advertising and to make a little extra money. You can increase your own take home, as well as to improve your standing online and get yourself branded in a big way.
Getting traffic to your blog is the key for these opportunities.
- 1 Start Getting Traffic to Your Blog
- 2 How to Add Social Media Buttons on your blogs
- 3 Here are the steps on how to Add a Social Media Buttons on your Blogs
- 4 Why is the +1 button important to your blogs?
- 5 How to add the +1 button
- 6 Warnings
- 7 How to use social signals to generate search engine based blog page views
- 8 Basics of Social Signal
- 9 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 10 Comments
Start Getting Traffic to Your Blog
- 2This simple favor they do for you will start generating traffic to your blog. You can start with people you know and by word of mouth, this gets spread.When you have set up this subscription option, start inviting friends, family members and acquaintances to your blog and encourage reading.Advertisement
- 3Let your family and friends get indulged into your blog site. Ask them the favor of posting comments and promoting them on their pages in all social network sites they use.Start your network within people you know.
- 4Join forum communities or post comments to other sites.
- 5A good source of getting free traffic to your site is using a traffic-creating website like pingomatic.com which can help you ping your blog all over the internet.
- 6Using the popular search engines to promote your site is an amazing way to generate traffic also for your blog.
- 7A blog directory is a site where blogs get listed. With practically millions of blogs all around the world, surfers or readers find it easier new blogs and those which interests them because blog directories sort the topics. There are free and paid blog directory services so have your own search and see which one works better for you.Make use of blog directories.
- 8This way, there is a bigger chance that it gets clicked on every time you send an email. Intentionally clicked on or not, this becomes your advantage.Include your site link on your email signature.
- 9Just paste the blog link and every time it gets opened, you get more views thus creates traffic towards your write-up. Take advantage of the power of social media.If you use a social networking site, you can make use of this to get more traffic to your blog.
- 10RSS feeds show your blog on different sites and updates as you also make an update on your content. While your RSS feed is on a website it will continually show your information over and over again for people to read. You can actually connect your RSS feeds to your social media networks and as people visit your page they will also see your RSS feeds display about your site.Add an RSS feed feature.
- 11This is one of the essential aspects in getting traffic or SEO optimization but this can only be effective if the links are of good quality.A backward link is another link that goes to your website from another site.
- 12Readers want to see something new every now and then so be sure that you dedicate some time to update your blog site. Write trending topics that could improve your readership.Be dedicated.
How to Add Social Media Buttons on your blogs
Social Media is on the hype right now. Its has become trend and most traffic comes from here such as Facebook, Twitter, Google + and even Tumblr. Now if you are a blogger or writer you may want to add some buttons for your blogs so people who love or like what they read can share your articles on their Dashboard(others might call this wall)
Here are the steps on how to Add a Social Media Buttons on your Blogs
- 1Design an icon button.
Why is the +1 button important to your blogs?
The +1 button is an essential way to find out if the search is or will be helpful for you. They kind of tell you how helpful it was to other people who did a similar search to yours. Now if you are a blogger and you are posting some helpful information, then you may want to add a +1 button for your blog so other people can tag your blog as helpful and people might be more interested in visiting your blog. The +1 button serves as a gauge of trust from your readership. +1 button is usually located on the footer of the article since write-ups need to be read first before a 'vote' is casted. This is the only time they could determine whether your article was interesting and informative.
How to add the +1 button
- 1Open your blog editor.
- 2Switch to HTML view.
- 3Go to the location where you want to put the +1 button.(As per recommendation on the bottom)
- 4Now you can paste the source code:
- 5Once done save your work and now you have the +1 button and people can start pressing it and from there you can get more traffic for sure.
Make sure that your website is well put together before submitting your site for review. Read several times, edit, revise until it gets polished. Bad write-ups can't be indexed and that could hurt your site.
Do not get discouraged if your site does not pick up yet or if you don't get sponsored yet. It only means you are not working hard. So keep trying until you finally get it.
How to use social signals to generate search engine based blog page views
Now that you have your own website, and you are hoping to get more traffic to it, you may want to consider using social signals to boost up traffic. But what is a social signal anyway? In case you don't know, social signal means linking social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other social networking sites to your website. The internet is one big network where one article can circulate all around the world. When one reads something interesting, he re-tweets, repost or share it however social sites call it.
Through a social signal, you can get more traffic to your website, because people from all corners in the world will probably like, share, or re-tweet some contents on your page. This is what we call social signals. You will get a social signal if one of your audience members likes and shares your post from your website to his or her social networking site.
Basics of Social Signal
- 1You have facebook, Pinterest, Google and Tumblr.Familiarize yourself with the different social network sites.
- 2But it will be better if you are active with all .Be active in the social network site of your choice.
- 3When one finds something interesting with your writing, he or she may likely keep coming back and even give some recommendations. Always come up with well-written contents. The more quality content you have on your side, the greater your chances of getting a good Google page rank.Write high quality contents in your website.
- 4( This had been discussed earlier )Use backlinks.
- 5Integrate social media widgets to add to your website.
- 1Generate probable traffic to your website.
- 2Or some of them may subscribe to your website or follow you. This way can make a steady website's pageview every month.A gaggle of visitors from all corners in the world coming in and out your webpage per day.
- 3If your website is ranked in the top five of the Search Engine Results Page or SERP of Google, you can make much more money per day.Earn revenues through pageviews.
- 4Be ranked at the very top of Google Search Engine Results Page.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Start your network among family members and friends until your readership gets wider.
- Pingomatic.com is a great website to use in order to bring some page views to your blog for free, but ensure to only ping your blog after you have added new content to your site.
- Get indexed by popular search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. These are the most popular search engines and they can bring a lot of traffic to your blog easily with just being signed up with one of them.
- Remember that new content will bring about new viewers and more page views daily.
- Utilize different blog directories and remember that every directory is important and can be useful.
- Social networks can be very useful to promote your blog as a URL to gain clicks and page views through social media.
- Use backlinks to build a partnership with another blogger in order to promote them and yourself at the same time.
- Utilize RSS Feeds to get your blogs feed on your personal pages and others to increase traffic.