Get the Most from Grand Theft Auto V with These Tips & Tricks
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Dougie
Grand Theft Auto V has well and truly taken off since its release recently this year, with armchair criminals the world over wreaking havoc across Los Santos in single player missions and now with the rest of the world in Grand Theft Auto online. While we have shared with you all the Enter cheat codes in Grand Theft Auto V, we're going to give you some of the best tips and tricks to get you through your favorite criminal past time without cheating and disabling in game achievements. Read on below to get in the know.
Grand Theft Auto Online
With the latest Grand Theft Auto has come a vastly improved online experience. Now you can get around without everyone simply killing each other before you've had the chance to have some fun. Check out our tips and tricks to get the most out of your experience.
- 1Call in the Air Support.
- 2Just open the nearest race on your map. As soon as you get to the lobby screen just quit and you will appear at the race location. You can keep doing this until you reach your desired location, or somewhere near it.You can fast travel to some handy points on the map by glitching the race locations.
- 3Any time your car is lost, stolen or destroyed you can then call the insurance company in game and have your car delivered to you (the new car also has the same insurance).Get insurance on your cars.
- 4In the interaction menu change your settings so that 'anyone' is not set for who can access your vehicles. This will essentially lock your car, preventing it from being stolen.Change your interaction settings.
- 5You can use your phone or any ATMs around the map to offload your money.Use the bank.
- 6If you want some extra security when you're just exploring or getting from A to B on foot, enable passive mode. Passive mode costs you $100 in game cash per use but it also stops people being able to shoot you while you're not in a vehicle. You can still die from falling, being hit by a truck etc. but it makes things a little less chaotic in the meantime. Activate it from the interactions menu.Sick of being killed?
- 7When you have enough money, buy a garage in the game. Any cars going to your garage will get a free tracker which means you can then add insurance but the garage is also a safe house of kinds where you can escape the carnage of the outside world.Get a Garage.
- 8Entering races can earn you some quick cash, even if you don't win you can make some good coin. You can also sell cars to turnaround cash quickly and if you've already got the capital, buying and selling properties is not a bad idea.Earn Fast Cash.
- 9When in a race, press the accelerator as soon as the word GO appears to make a turbo start (just like in Mario Kart).Perfect Launch.
Single Player Mode
The bulk of Grand Theft Auto 5 takes place in the single player world, and you're probably going to get through the missions before you check out the online play. Use the below hints and tricks to speed you along the way.
- 1Pressing right on the DPAD can change your headlights between off, dipped settings and full beam.
- 2Once you hit a certain depth the controller will begin vibrating, indicating imminent structural collapse from the oceans immense pressure.If you're in a submarine, be wary of the controller vibrations.
- 3When you're outside of the city, police will take longer to respond to your less than lawful actions.
- 4Once you're on the tarmac, why not try flying a jumbo jet? Some of the larger planes can be flown, just keep trying to enter as many as you see until you find one that works.If you want to get around the airport without unwanted attention from the authorities, just buy a hangar there.
- 5You can change the orientation of your car in the air by moving the left stick, which helps when pulling off stunts or when just trying to survive the landing.
- 6You can detach the trailer on a vehicle by pressing right on the DPAD while driving.
- 7If you're in a fire truck, you can activate the hose by pressing LB.
- 8You can change the distance setting for the driving camera by accessing the display options in the menu.
- 9If you want to delete text messages from your phone on the Xbox360 version of the game, simply press X on your controller.
- 10You can open and close the roof for convertible cars by holding right on the DPAD.
- 11When in the Ammunition gun store you can change the default designs for your parachutes.
- 12You can slow down time while changing songs by holding left on the DPAD to change the radio station.
- 13Stalking InkInc. For example will get you a free tattoo (you get to choose it too). Just visit the stores page from Life invader in the game and click the stalk button.Stalking characters in the game actually has its rewards.
- 14The discount is 25% and is applied to your save file. You only need to do this once to apply it to all Ammunition stores.You can get a permanent discount at all Ammunition stores by visiting the shooting range at the store and getting a gold medal in all of the range challenges.
Tips Of Your Own?
There are so many ways to play a game like Grand Theft Auto V and so many things to discover in the game so we're sure that many of you out there have tips and tricks of your own. Why not share them with the rest of us? If you've got a favorite way of doing something or easy ways to make cash, kill your enemies or even evade the police then let us know in the comments below.