Get involved in the community/club of your own choice
Edited by Deepthi Gottumukkala, Lynn, Eng, estrella sacragon
Many of us consider ourselves to be misfits. Sometimes friends aren't enough. At times, irrespective of our personality traits, we find ourselves lonely and looking for company or yearning for an excuse to engage ourselves where we can invest our skills and interests. We all look for people who are similar to us: "The MY-Kind". But where do we find them? And how?
- 2Talk to your peers, classmates, friends, colleagues and family. Ask if they know anyone who has the same interests as you. If yes, then get in touch with them and find out if they belong to any of the clubs of your choice. Who knows? You just might get lucky.Search within your circle.
- 3Log into your Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, or any networking site which could be of help. Search for people with similar interests. Interact with them even if they stay miles away; they could provide you with some leads. You might even end up discovering a club of your choice which was just around the corner and you never knew about it.Social networking sites.
- 4Once you have decided on a few clubs, visit their websites, if available, or else directly approach them in person. Get to know about their objectives and activities; see if they match with yours. If so, join the club which suits you the best - that is, timings, people, distance, activities and objectives.Visit the clubs personally or virtually.
Good luck! Stay active and stay passionate!
The Importance of Getting Involved in a Community Club
Community clubs are everywhere. You can join any of the following: Writing, traveling, cooking, book clubs, environmental protection, feminism, humanitarian, music, art, theater and many more are available everywhere. Whether it be in school or just a local community in the town, these clubs were made available so that knowledge can be shared and instilled to people with common interests.
For some, it is very difficult to get involved in clubs, especially if the person has a very meek or quiet personality. Sometimes, these clubs can be intimidating to those who are not used to social activities. However, these are little hurdles only. One must always think about the advantages of being a member of a community club.
The significance and advantages of getting involved in a community club are wide and varied. From networking to personality growth, from acquiring new knowledge to inspiring people, the importance of getting involved in a community club can go as deep and long, depending on the commitment of the member to the club.
- 1Clubs usually gather people with common interests. From pottery hobbyists to arts and crafts enthusiasts, from literary junkies to movie buffs, there are a lot of clubs that cater to any kind of interest. For example, if someone is into photography and dreams of becoming a professional photographer someday, it is important for that person to join photography clubs. In clubs, he can get to know other people who are already in the business - both amateurs and professionals.Networking.
- 2There's a greater chance for personality development when a person is exposed to different social activities. Joining clubs will force the members to get to know other members, as well as be active participants in any club programs or events, the confidence level and interpersonal skills of a person usually increases in the duration of his membership.Personality growth.
- 3Community clubs dealing with a specific interest will definitely attract those who are passionate about that subject. Let us take photography as an example again. If an amateur photographer gets involved in the photography club, he is assured that he will learn something from the other members and the club activities. Usually, these kinds of focused clubs have objectives that will hone and nurture their interests. Focused clubs would normally be updated with the latest trends in the industry, current practices, the most current technologies, upcoming events and the like. Some would even organize seminars and hire expert speakers to talk about their interest. The bottom line is, an amateur getting involved in focused clubs would definitely be able to gain new knowledge about that passion or interest which will help in his growth as a photographer.New knowledge.
- 4Community clubs also train future leaders. The more a person is deeply and actively involved in a club, the more he can improve his skills and character. Previous leaders might inspire, and he will, in turn, inspire another person or other members of the club. In order to give inspiration to other club members, it is very important to show passion, sincerity, and dedication to the club. Whatever the activities, programs, or plans of the club are, it will only be worthwhile if the involvement given is 100 percent or more.Inspire Others.
The importance of getting involved in a community club, if done properly, will not only affect the member in the short-term. Its effect is lasting, and whatever changes and learning it has provided the member, it definitely helps mold the person into whatever he is and will be.
Categories : Relationships
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Deepthi Gottumukkala