Get a Skype Phone Number on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Rushell, Eng
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to get a Skype phone number when using the Skype application on a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 5Once the application has loaded, we will need to enter our own profile by pressing the icon at the top right-hand corner of the screen. There should be a circle, and in that circle there may be, if you have chosen it, a profile photo. If you haven't added a profile photo, it will just be the outline of a head and shoulders.
- 8Once our profile has loaded, we need to go to "Contact details" at the bottom right. There are two options on the lower part of the screen. The first, "Personal information", is highlighted in blue with white text. This is the current highlighted option. "Contact details" is written in blue text with a gray background.
- 10Scroll down to where it says "Skype Numbers", and below that in blue text, "Get a Skype Number". What this allows us to do is to get a phone number for our Skype application. This means that when we are phoning other people from our Skype application, then they'll be able to recognize who it is. It gives them something to acknowledge or identify. For example, if we're calling someone's home phone, and they want to phone us back or do call waiting, or if we call somebody, and they see our number, then they're actually going to recognize it as us. If they're not using the actual video messaging, they might not see our name come up on the screen if it's just a normal phone.
- 20We also have the option to check the box next to "Display this number when I call phones from Skype". This is one of the primary reasons to choose a Skype number, in order to give some identity to the person who is calling. If you display this number when you call phones from Skype, people will know it is you who is calling them. Therefore, we're going to leave the box checked.
- 22Now, we have to pay for this process. The screen states, "You are buying the Skype Number", and the new number is listed. We have the option of a 3-month subscription, or we can choose a 12-month subscription. It also says, "Please note, This is a recurring payment." We will need to pay every time the subscription automatically renews.
- 25When finished, press "Next" to enter credit card payment information. It is a blue box with white text. Remember the credit card or debit card needs to have the same address as the billing address entered on the previous screen. After entering credit card details, press confirm. Then it will charge you and give you this number for the time chosen.
- 26This concludes our tutorial on how to get a Skype phone number when using the Skype application on a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions or suggestions about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow. Goodbye.