Get Rid of Dandruff
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Lynn, Eng, mahalia jovita b. bugasto
Experiencing severe itching of your scalp? That might be a sign of dandruff. Dandruff is the peeling of dead skin cells from your scalp, and is a common disorder affecting almost all people at one time or another. Most dandruff can be treated with prescribed shampoos. Having dandruff can also cause psychological and physiological problems, such as losing your self-esteem and your social life. Dandruff may appear on any hair-bearing area, so this means it not only appears on the scalp, but also on your eyebrows, ears, beard, and chest. Though dandruff is considered not treatable, it is easily controlled with correct hygiene and by using proper shampoos.
Common Symptoms of Dandruff
- 1Itchiness of the scalpAdvertisement
- 2Falling white flakes on the shouldersAdvertisement
- 3Your facial skin is dry
- 4Oily scalp
- 5Repeating ear eczema
Common Causes of Dandruff
There is no definite reason for the cause of dandruff. Dandruff is not an infection and is not contagious. But here are some possible causes of dandruff:
- 1Bad hygieneAdvertisement
- 3Oily face and scalp
- 4Poor immune system
When to Look for Health Check Up
If your dandruff is getting worse, regardless of good hygiene, contact a dermatologist for an appointment. Dandruff is not considered an emergency, so the best way is to contact a dermatologist or a physician for a medical checkup. If a person feels awkward or embarrassed with his social activities, he should consult medical care.
Steps on How to Get Rid of Dandruff
- 1Wash your hair regularly and use medicated shampoos like Clear, Head & Shoulders, etc.
- 2Leave the shampoo on your hair and let it do its job.
- 3Maintain proper hygiene.
- 4Stay away from stress.
- 1Use the gel on your scalp and leave it for about 15 minutes.You may use Aloe Vera to treat dandruff.
- 2Disperse the aspirin in your shampoo and you can get rid of dandruff.Aspirin.
- 3Beat at least two eggs and put it on your scalp for one hour, then rinse off. Eggs cures falling hair and dandruff problems.Eggs.
- 4Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in your shampoo and you'll see that it can remove flakes.Baking soda.
- 5Massage the vinegar into your scalp for about five to seven minutes.Vinegar.
- Proper cleanliness is the best way to prevent not only dandruff, but also other disorders. Regular shampooing is necessary to get rid of flakes, and many over-the-counter products may be useful. Wash and rinse thoroughly the areas which are most affected by dandruff.
- Remember that when your treating dandruff, it takes a while before it all goes away, so don't expect just an overnight curing.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet and stay away from stressful situations. Think positive and be happy.
- Minimize the use of other hair styling products as this can increase the effects of dandruff.
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Pia Marie Villamante