Get Rid of Blackheads on Your Back With Hot Juniper Oil Compress vs Thyme, Garlic and Tomato Scrub vs Turmeric Powder and Rose Clay Mask ... and 10 more
Edited by Donna, Eng
Blackheads on your back can be caused by a number of factors including:
- Poor hygiene, meaning that you are not scrubbing your back when you shower causing the skin oils to build up and clog pores
- Failing to rinse shampoos and soaps off of your back when taking a bath or shower, thus provoking build-up of cream and grease in the pores and an outbreak of blackheads
- Sweating excessively when you exercise without mopping off
- Using public gym equipment with a back rest that has not been cleaned properly and picking up a fungus or bacteria that causes skin infections and blackheads
- Using bacteria-ridden loofahs, back scrubbers and back scratchers that harbor fungus and bacteria
- Sitting in the sun too long, which causes mild burns and a tendency for the skin pores on your back to produce the excessive oils that cause blackheads
- Wearing itchy fabrics, such as wool, that scratch the skin and cause mild abrasions on the skin that get infected with sweat
- Wearing clingy polyester or man made fabrics that do not allow your pores to resperate, so they become clogged with oil and sebum
- Hormonal changes such as puberty, menopause or perimenopause that cause skin pores to overproduce oil
- Type II Diabetes which causes poor cell renewal and skin tags that can become infected and spread blackheads
- Failing to wash heavy sunscreen off of your back
- Sleeping on dirty sheets that cause bacteria to spread on your back
- Wearing the same shirt many days in a row, causing bacteria and infection to spread
- Stressful situations that cause you to sweat too much leaving a residue that clogs pores
- An allergy to a laundry detergent, which in turn can cause dermatitis and breakouts of blackouts on your back
- Consuming a diet high in fat, sugar and carbs as these foods discourage general health skin and sabotage the readiness for the body to resist inflammation and perform cell repair
- Auto-immune diseases like Lupus and HIV can cause blackheads on the back because the body's defense systems turn on themselves and cause chronic breakouts
Usually it takes two or more of these causes to provoke a chronic case of blackhead breakouts although a single factor, like endocrine changes due to menopause, can be a factor
Method 1: With Hot Juniper Oil Compress
Juniper Berry oil is one of the strongest antifungal and antibacterial essential oils available, yet it is well tolerated by sensitive and chronically inflamed skin. It is notifying and astringent in nature which means that it also helps strip pores of dead skin cells and grease while at the same time shrinking them. The hot towel that is placed on the back helps steam the pores open so that the action of the essential oil on the skin is more effective. As an added bonus, Juniper Berry oil is very relaxing and can help mitigate a blackhead problem that is caused by stress.
- 1Swirl the towel around with the spoon so that the towel fibers of it are mixed well with the oil and water. The water will very hot so be careful not to burn yourself on any steamy vapor that might be rising from the essential oil solution.Drop a thin cotton towel that is very rough in texture into the hot water and let it soak in the hot Juniper oil bath.
- 2You might want to ask a friend to help you place the hot juniper berry oil compress for you so that it covers the area of your skin that is most affected by blackheads.When the water and essential oil have cooled down enough for you to handle it, wring the towel out well and then place it on your back, like you would a cape.
- 3The hot compress will help steam open the pores and moisten any tough comedone tops so that it is easier for the skin pores to eject their contents. If at any point your skin feels like it is burning or irritated remove the towel from your back immediately. Furthermore, Juniper oil is a natural relaxant, helping those who suffer from chronic blackouts because of stress.Leave the warm Juniper Berry essential oil compress on your back for at least fifteen minutes, but ideally for at least an hour.
- 4If you have a friend helping, you can ask that individual to scrub down your back using the warm towel that was soaked in the Juniper Berry oil. This mild exfoliation will help remove any grease and dead cell debris from your skin. Many people find that the blackheads simply fall out as their back is exfoliated with the scrub.Take one end of the towel in each fist and rub it back and forth across your back with a scrubbing motion, to remove and loosen blackheads from the pores.
- 5These products will help clear away any oil that may have been expelled from the pores on your back during the hot compress treatment so that it does not reinfect your skin.
- 6The cool water will help close your pores so use water that is as chilly as you can stand. Make sure that the towel you use to dry your back off is very clean and do not reuse any towels from earlier steps in this treatment.Finish off this blackhead removal treatment by rinsing the skin on your back with very cool water and patting it dry with a towel.
- 7Don't use it more often than this or the strong constituents in the Juniper oil might cause skin irritation.You can do this Juniper Berry oil hot towel compress once a week to remove blackheads.
Method 2: With Thyme, Garlic and Tomato Scrub
This incredibly potent scrub for removing blackheads from the back is great for individuals who are having a very hard time getting rid of a chronic case of larger blackheads that are deeply embedded in the skin of the back. It is made from crushed thyme, which when rolled across the skin in this mixture can help to remove blackheads from your back. The leaves of the herb thyme contains thymol, a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent that helps relieve pain and inflammation. The macerated raw garlic in this recipe is also a natural antibiotic and antifungal agent, that contains healing Vitamin C and magnesium, which when applied topically calms the skin. The tomatoes contain powerful fruit acids that help resurface the skin and melt away the oily cores of the blackheads. Fresh raw tomato juice is also natural hydrating and the lycopene in tomatoes is a powerful antioxidant that can help the pores of your skin resist infections. Both the garlic and the thyme stimulate circulation and bring blood to the surface of the skin so that skin pores and follicles can be nourished.
- 1This will make a bit of a drippy pulp. You can use any size of tomato that you like for this recipe. The darker the tomatoes are the richer they are likely to be in antioxidants. It is best to use fresh, organic tomatoes rather than canned ones in this recipe.Puree two cups of raw tomatoes and five peeled cloves of garlic in a blender.
- 3This is easily done by taking your thumb and forefinger and running your nail down the stem. The tiny leaves will roll up and become tiny gummy balls. These macerated leaves are what will serve as the exfoliating component of this mask. Don't use the stems of the herb in this recipe because if they become mixed up in the mask they could poke at and damage the skin.Take an entire bunch of the herb thyme (about twenty stalks) and strip the leaves from the stems.
- 4The mixture should be a thick paste that can easily be spread on the skin. If the scrub does not seem thick enough you can add some sugar or salt to the mixture to make it a bit more grainy and sticky. However, if you have used enough thyme leaves in the mixture, this should not be necessary.Add the thyme to the strained tomato and garlic puree and blend everything together well.
- 6If only a small area of your back is affected by blackheads you may only want to have that area of your skin treated.With the assistance of a friend or helper, spread the tomato mixture on your back, giving you a massage that helps rub the balled up thyme leaves into your skin.
- 7If you do not like your skin smelling like garlic then you can wash with a mild medicated glycerin soap such as Pears or Neutrogena. Do not wash with a strongly perfumed soap as the additives in these cleanser are known to cause breakouts.Leave the mixture on for about fifteen minutes and then shower it off with cool water.
- 9The most off-putting part of this scrub might be the strong odor of garlic and thyme that is created by the use of this treatment. However the scent of spaghetti sauce will soon wear off.You can do this treatment once or twice a week as a safe way to deal with blackheads.
Method 3: With Turmeric Powder and Rose Clay Mask
Rose clay is a popular bentonite clay from Europe that is used in professional spas. It is very fine, muddy in texture when mixed with water and is also very absorbent. It is perfect for treating blackheads on large areas of the body. Rose clay is also naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal. The longer you let the clay it sit on your skin, the better able it is to dry up any blackheads and cause them to fall out. Rose clay is also appropriate for skin that is very fine and prone to blackhead breakouts because it is so gentle. It works by withdrawing toxins from your skin to detoxify it. It will also remove any dry skin and dead skin cells that might be making your skin problems worse. When mixed with turmeric powder, which is yellow, this mask for the back turns a bright orange.
Turmeric powder is a very powerful natural disinfectant for the skin that kills both the fungi and bacteria that cause blackhead breakouts. Turmeric is also a natural astringent that tones and tightens your pores, so this mask packs a double dose of deep cleansing and toning or your skin.
- 1Be sure to buy an organic high quality turmeric powder. Rose clay is sold in bags or jars. You will need at last three cups of the clay to make enough so that you have a mask that can cover your whole back. If you are only treating a small specific area of the back, for instance, one shoulder, you can use less of the mask. If the mixture is too thick, then add more water.Buy both the turmeric powder and bentonite clay at a health food store or drug store.
Method 4: With Pineapple, Pink Himalayan Salt and Coconut Oil Scrub
The effective ingredient in this exfoliating scrub for blackheads on your back is pineapple puree. Pineapple contains bromelain which is a powerful natural enzymatic anti-inflammatory that helps resurface the top layers of skin. It is also a natural de-greaser and astringent that helps pop the blackheads out of your pores as well as tighten them so that they are less likely to get infected. Pineapple is also rich in Vitamin C and fruit acids that can help calm down inflammation, prevent scarring and stop chronic breakouts due to irritated skin.
The coconut oil in this scrub is moisturizing, helping initially to soften the oil plugs and dead skin cells in your pores so they can easily be scrubbed away with the Pink Himalayan Salt in this recipe. Coconut oil is also rich in essential fatty acids that help keep the skin healthy and soft. The Pink Himalayan salt is very rich in minerals that nourish the skin and quite coarse in texture, which helps in exfoliating bigger and tougher blackheads from the skin on your back.
- 3If you like, you can cover the applied mask with a dry towel to keep it in place like a pack. You will be able to feel the pineapple juice stinging a bit as it tugs at your pores, but this is normal.Leave this mixture on your back for fifteen to thirty minutes or for as long as an hour.
- 4This way the clay in the mask also acts as a mild exfoliant, helping to remove the comedones stuck in your skin. At the same time, the coconut oil will moisturize and heal the area, preventing future scarring.Before removing the scrub, have a friend or assistant massage the puree and salt mixture it deeply into the pores of your skin.
- 6If redness occurs from the mild abrasion of the salt, then only do it once a week.You can do this scrub and mask for blackhead removal three or four times a week.
Method 5: With Clary Sage Oil and Dead Sea Salts
Clary Sage essential oil has been used for centuries as a skin cleanser and antiseptic. The word "Clary" means clear. It is a powerful astringent that closes up the pores, preventing scarring and further infection after the blackheads are removed. Clary sage is excellent for treating all cases of blackheads on the back, but especially for breakouts that are caused by hormonal imbalances. It can help prevent skin from overproducing sebum and creating clogged skin pores. The Dead Sea salt in this blackhead removal recipe is a mineral-rich exfoliant that helps scrub away the blackheads.
- 4The hot compress will help steam open the pores and moisten the tops of any tough blackheads so that it is easier for the skin pores to expel their contents. If your skin feels like it is itchy or like it is burning, then remove the towel immediately and take a cold shower to remove any essential oil residue as it is possible that you are having a reaction to the Clary Sage essential oil.Leave the essential oil compress on your back for at least fifteen minutes, but ideally for about thirty minutes.
- 5This is how to remove and loosen blackheads from the pores if you are by yourself. If you have a friend helping, you can ask that person to scrub down your back using the warm towel that was soaked in the warm Clary Sage oil. This mild scrubbing will help remove any grease and dead cell debris from your skin. Many people find that the blackheads simply disappear during this stage of the treatment.Take one end of the towel in each hand and drag it back and forth across your back with a scrubbing motion.
- 8Don't use it more often than this or you could risk skin irritation and the provoking an overproduction of skin oils, which in turn causes the conditions that produce blackheads.You can do this Clary Sage essential oil compress for treating blackheads once a week.
Method 6: With Tea Tree Oil and Green French Clay
Tea tree oil is a powerful disinfectant and astringent that helps dissolve oil and grease. It banishes the fungus and bacteria that can cause blackheads to break out. French green clay is a very fine clay from Europe that is especially good for dealing with hormonal or sensitive skin. Furthermore, it is very absorbent, withdrawing toxins and impurities from the top layer of the dermis. It is also rich in many minerals, including magnesium, which is well known for calming down inflammatory situations.
- 1If you cannot source it a these places you can find it in cosmetic supply stores or in craft stores in the soap making supplies section. Be sure to buy about three cups worth of French Green powder as that is what you will need to make enough of it to cover your back.Purchase a bag of French Green Clay at a drug store or health food store.
- 3Be sure to mix the essential oil with the French clay as thoroughly as possible. Using a large spoon or fork as a blending tool can help make sure that this becomes a smooth medicated paste. You may also want to use your hands to mix it up. Do not make this in your blender as it will become too thick and it may foul up the blades of your machine.Add fifteen drops of pure 100% Tea Tree Oil to the mixture.
- 4Your friend may prefer to wear plastic gloves before applying this mask, but this is a mixture that is also very good for cleansing, repairing and moisturizing the hands, he or she may want to apply it with naked hands. You may want to put down towels or plastic to catch any stray bits of mud, as the mixture is quite loose.Lie down on your tummy and have a friend or assistant apply the French clay mud to your back either with their hands.
- 5If you like, you can cover the applied mask with a sheet of plastic (a ripped up garbage bag will do) or a dry towel to keep it in place like a pack. You will be able to feel the French clay drying as it shrinks and tightens up your pores.Leave this mixture on your back for thirty minutes or for as long as an hour.
- 6This will help further close up the pores and stimulate blood to the surface of the skin. There is no need to wash your back after applying this mask as you want the tea tree oil to continue flushing your skin and bringing blood to the skin cells that need to heal.Get in the shower and rinse any debris from the mask off with chilly water.
- 7If redness or swelling occurs as a result of the powerful cleansing action of the tea tree oil or the mild dermabrasion of the French clay mask, then only do it once a week.You can do this tea tree oil and French clay mask for blackhead removal three times a week.
Method 7: With Buttermilk, Honey and Nutmeg Scrub
Buttermilk helps remove blackheads because it contains very strong lactic acids. These are the same types of powerful acids that are used in professional and commercial treatments. These acids melt into the pores of the skin and remove grease and oil. As these acids do their job, skin is gently resurfaced and made smoother. Ground nutmeg powder is a very strong antibacterial and antifungal agent that also helps stimulate the circulation, bringing nourishing blood to the top layers of the dermis. The honey in this mask helps pull the oils out of the pores. Honey also clears the skin of bacteria. Honey also helps draw moisture to the skin, keeping it plump and healthy.
- 3Your friend may prefer to wear plastic gloves before applying this mask as the nutmeg in the mixture can sting the flesh a little, especially from the friction of the massage. The mixture can also be poured onto your back and then spread over the areas that need treatment for blackheads with a spatula, large cosmetic brush or spoon.Lie down on your belly and have a friend or assistant apply the buttermilk, honey and nutmeg scrub to your back using broad massaging motions.
- 4If you like, you can cover the applied buttermilk and honey mask with a towel or sheet of plastic.Leave this mixture on your back for about fifteen minutes..
- 5Use the coldest water you are able to stand. This will help further close up the pores. If your back feels really sticky from the honey or if you smell too much like buttermilk you can wash yourself with your favorite medicated or oil-free cleanser such as Neutrogena OIl-Free Body Wash.]When the time is up, get in the shower quickly and rinse the honey and buttermilk mask off of your back.
- 6If redness or swelling occurs as a result of the powerful cleansing action of the tea tree oil or the mild dermabrasion of the French clay mask, then only do it once a weekYou can do this tea tree oil and French clay mask for blackhead removal three times a week.
Method 8: With Myrtle Essential Oil and Dead Sea Salt
This antiseptic, clarifying scrub for blackheads on the back is very strong, but gentle enough to use on very sensitive skin. Myrtle essential oil has been used for centuries to disinfect skin. It is both antifungal and antibacterial, which discourages reinfection. Myrtle oil is also a natural balance of hormones and can help prevent blackheads on the back that might be caused by puberty or menopause. The Dead Sea salts in this recipe act as an exfoliant and as a remineralizer of skin tissues that may be out of balance.
- 5It is normal for the skin on your back to look a bit red after this treatment as the myrtle oil and gentle abrasion with the salt are both stimulants of the circulation. This is a good thing because the blood is encouraged to nourish the pores and hair follicles on the back so that they can repair and renew themselves.Dry your back gently and let your skin air out for a few hours afterwards.
- 6If you find that your skin is irritated by the myrtle oil, discontinue use.You can do this blackhead removal scrub two to three times a week until the blackheads are gone.
Method 9: With Charcoal Powder, Cacao Butter and Tangerine Essential Oil
Food grade charcoal powder is excellent for helping remove stubborn blackheads from the back. It is powerful absorbent and can draw toxins out of the skin. It is also a granular substance that acts as a scrub. However when used alone with water, charcoal powder can be a bit drying so for this blackhead removal mask for the back Tangerine essential oil is added. Tangerine is a very pleasant smelling strong antiseptic that disinfects the area. It also helps relieve stress caused by hormonal conditions. Another quality of tangerine essential oil is that it helps the skin retain moisture so that skin pores are not triggered to produce too much oil; a common cause of blackheads.
Cacao butter is also very emollient and helps nourish the skin with essential fatty acids that help the skin retain its natural moisture balance. The oils in the cacao butter in this recipe also help the skin attract moisture and retain it.
- 2This mask is pitch black and it can stain. Lay down plastic or a towel where you are planning to have it applied to your back.Prepare an area where you will have a friend apply the mask to your back.
- 3Your can use a wide brush or gloves to apply the charcoal mixture to your back. However, this particular mask is also very nourishing for the skin of the hands, preventing dryness and getting rid of dead skin, so your friend might want to use their bare hands for the mixture. There is also some benefit to having your friend massage the charcoal right into your skin for five minutes or so as the granules in the charcoal will help remove the black heads.Have a friend apply the paste to the area of your back that is affected by the blackheads and leave it on for half an hour.
- 4Rinse it all off. There is no need to wash your skin after this mask unless you notice charcoal granules stuck to your skin. In this case have a friend use a mild glycerin based soap to remove any debris from your back and rinse it off again. If you want to keep mess to a minimum you can also consider rinsing the mask off outdoors with a hose.Remove the mask by standing in the shower under cold water.
- 5You may notice that blackheads dry up and fall out on their own for a couple of days after you use it and that your skin smells very clean. That is because charcoal is a natural deodorizer.This scrub is very powerful and should not be used more than twice a week.
Method 10: With Raw Cacao Powder, Egg White and Greek Yogurt
This is a very creamy and silky blackhead removal mask for the back that resembles a creamy chocolate pudding. Raw cacao is the grainy exfoliator in this pleasant smelling mask that is used to help exfoliate the top layer of the skin. This type of chocolate also contains several minerals that are nourishing for the skin including magnesium, calcium and zinc, all of which serve to help polish the complexion and get rid of the rough red look to skin that is caused by chronic breakouts. The monosaturated fats in raw chocolate also help moisturize the skin so that it looks smoother and plumper.
Egg white is the astringent component of this mask that helps shrink and tighten skin pores. The Greek yogurt in the mix has lactic acid and sugars in it, which also helps resurface the skin and even out the complexion.
- 2A spatula can be used or the assistant can use gloves. The mixture is good for moisturizing dry hands so the person may want to use their bare hands to apply it to your skin. The mixture can stain sheets and furniture so be sure to cover areas with plastic or towels to prevent this.Prepare an area for an assistant to apply the mask to your back.
- 4The lactic acids in the Greek yogurt and the egg whites will dry up the oils on your skin and lift the oily comedones from your pores. As you wear the mask you will be able to feel it pulling at your skin. As it does this, your skin's circulation will also be stimulated, helping the skin to repair itself.Leave the mixture on your back for at least fifteen minutes but preferably for an hour.
- 5Use a loofah or long wooden brush meant for scrubbing your back to get all of the mixture off. There is no need to cleanse your skin after this particular treatment unless you feel that your skin feels really sticky or if you do not like the smell of chocolate.Step into the shower and remove rinse the mixture off of your back with hot water and then cold water.
- 6It is very gentle and also very relaxing for those who suspect that their blackhead problem might be caused by stress.You can apply this mask to your back every day if you like.
Method 11: With Pomegranate Seed Puree and Apple Cider Vinegar
Breakouts are often caused by skin that is acidic in nature due to damage from pollution and hormonal imbalances. Sometimes the acidic pH of the skin is caused by a very bad diet that includes junk food. This mix of pomegranate seed puree and apple cider vinegar helps to balance the pH of the skin on your back so that it is more alkaline. The bacteria and the fungi that cause blackheads cannot thrive in alkalized skin tissue. The malic acid in the vinegar helps resurface the skin and the fruit acids in the pomegranate melt away accumulated debris and oil in the pores. Pomegranate juice is also very rich in Vitamin C, which is a powerful healer and anti-inflammatory that can help prevent scarring and additional breakouts of blackheads in the future. The tiny hard pips inside the seeds become the exfoliating agent in this nutrient rich scrub, helping to remove the oily blackhead plugs embedded in the skin.
- 3The bright red pomegranate juice can stain sheets and furniture so be sure to cover areas with plastic or towels to prevent any drippy accidents. Your assistant may want to wear an apron or a plastic garbage bag with a hole punched in it that can be slipped over the head to protect the body from any splashes.Prepare an area where you can have a friend or assistant to apply the pomegranate and apple cider mixture to your back.
- 4This is best done if you are lying down on your belly, but it can also be done standing up It is best if the mixture is actually massaged deeply into the skin, especially in the areas where blackheads are an issues. The small black seeds act as a scrub work to remove the oily comedones from your skin.Make sure that the skin on your back is clean and dry and have a friend or an assistant apply it to where it needed.
- 5The fruit acids in the pomegranate seeds will dry up the oils on your skin and lift the oily comedones from your pores. The apple cider vinegar will help dry out your skin and disinfect it.Leave the mixture on your back for at least fifteen minutes but ideally for a full hour.
- 6Use a loofah or long wooden brush meant for scrubbing difficult places to reach behind get all of the mixture off. You can also scrub your back in the shower using a towel by gripping it from end to end and pulling it back and forth across your skin with a see saw.Step into the shower and remove rinse the mixture off of your back with hot water and then flush your skin once again cold water when you are certain that all of the fruit pulp is removed.
- 7There is no need to cleanse your skin after this particular treatment unless you feel that your skin feels really sticky from the pomegranate puree. It is best to let the skin air out for a few hours after the treatment so that the lactic acids in the fruit and malic acids in the vinegar can do their work of continuing to melt down the oils and dead skin cells trapped in your pores.Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- 8It is very gentle but also very effective for those who suspect that their issues with blackheads are caused by careless dietary and lifestyle habits.You can apply this mask to your back every second day if you like.
Method 12: With A Hot Petitgrain Essential Oil Compress
Petitgrain essential oil is one of the most powerful natural disinfectants in the entire plant world. It is made from a citrus fruit that resembles a wrinkled tangerine and it can get rid of any bacteria, fungus or yeast that might be causing blackheads to break out on your back. Petitgrain is also an anti-inflammatory that reduces swelling and prevents future scarring. The scent of petitgrain is also deeply relaxing, which is helpful in cases of blackhead breakouts that are caused by stress. Essential oil of petitgrain is also of great use in situations where the blackheads on the back are virulent and seemingly caused by changes in hormones. Note that you will probably need a friend or an assistant to apply the mixture to your back.
- 1If you prefer you can use two smaller hand towels if that it what it takes to cover the entire area.Pour two liters of boiling hot water into a basin big enough to hold a clean coarse cotton towel that is large enough to drape over the area of your back that is affected by blackheads.
- 2It is helpful to tap the bottom of an essential oil bottle hard in order to get it to expel a full drop, so you can keep accurate track of the amount that is in use.Add thirty drops of petitgrain essential oil to the hot steaming water in the basin.
- 3Get a long spoon or stick and shift it around while it is still floating in the essential oil and hot water mix. It is also important to avoid getting too close to the steam rising from the basin as steam can burn skin. The citrus acids in the steam's vapor can also injure your eyes.Immerse the towel in the basin of hot water and let them soak in the bath of petitgrain essential oil.
- 1This helps steam open the pores of the back so that they open and expel their greasy contents. If you are applying this hot compress by yourself, you can try applying it while you are sitting down on a bench or on a chair so that you can drape it over your back and try to arrange it so that it is flat. However, the simplest way to apply the compress is to have a friend or an assistant apply it to your back and tamp it down and smooth it out while you lie on your tummy.When the towel has cooled down enough to be handled, wring it out well and have a friend place it on your skin.
- 2You can do this by grabbing either end of the towel with either fist and rasping it back and forth against your skin. This should help further disinfect your skin, exfoliate it and help remove any remaining blackheads. You can also have a friend or an assistant scrub your back as well.After thirty minutes of relaxing with the hot compress on your back, get in the shower and use the towel to scrub your back thoroughly.
- 3You do not need to wash your skin with soap after this treatment, as you want the essential oil of petite grain to continue to do its job of disinfecting your pores for hours afterwards. Do not use heavy creams or sunscreen after treatment either as this can also causes the pores on your back skin to become clogged up again.Rinse your back thoroughly with chilly water and then when you get out of the shower, gently dry your skin with a dry clean towel.
- 4If you find that using the thirty drops is causing your skin to become itchy, burn or turn red, you can try using fifteen or twenty drops. Some people are very allergic to citrus oils and if you suspect that is the case, then stop using this mask. If the skin on your back becomes freckled or turns darker after using this mask, a condition known as photosensitivity, then definitely stop using it.You can do this petite grain essential oil hot towel compress every day to, because even though it is a powerful oil it is quite gentle.
Method 13: With Olive Oil, Wild Oregano Oil and Epsom Salts
This simple scrub that removes blackheads from the skin of uses fine Epsom salts as a coarse exfoliating agent. Epsom salts help detoxify and pull impurities out of the skin. These mineral-rich salts contain magnesium and calcium, which help calm and soothe the dermis. Olive oil also helps loosen stubborn comedones from the pores, by softening the tops of the blackheads so that they can be pulled out or removed by scrubbing. Olive oil has the additional benefit of also being a rich source of essential fatty acids. The moisturizing capabilities of olive oil help the skin pores stay moist so they do not overproduce oil because of dryness.. The oregano oil in this scrub is also a potent antibacterial agent that is able to kill candida yeast and other fungal infections that cause black heads. Note that like most home remedies for blackheads on the back, you will probably need an assistant or a friend to help you apply this scrub.
- 1Mix the ingredients well to form a slushy scrub-like mixture. Also note that you can use products marketed as essential oil of oregano in this scrub, but it is usually the wild oregano essential oil that is most effective on really tough, stubborn blemishes.Combine a cup of the Dead Sea Salts, twenty drops of wild oregano oil and ½ cup of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl.
- 2If you are lying down on a bed, put a plastic sheet down to take care of dripping oil. You might also consider having it applied while you are standing in the shower, which allows this powerful scrub to be deployed in a very quick manner.Prepare an area where you will have this scrub applied to your back.
- 3Wild oregano oil can sting the skin so make sure that whoever is applying the scrub to your skin might benefit from wearing plastic or rubber cosmetician gloves. Rubbing the back with a rough textured cotton washcloth also works well in conjunction with the salt for removing blackheads. Keep in mind that oregano essential oil does sting and burn a bit, so it is a good idea to have the scrub applied quickly and then removed as quickly as possibly, while at the same time thoroughly cleaning and resurfacing the skin.Have a friend or assistant apply the scrub to your back, rubbing it into the skin and polishing off the blackheads with it.
- 4There is no need to use soap and water to wash the mixture off because salt and oregano oil have thoroughly disinfected and cleansed your skin. The olive oil in this mixture will also keep your skin very moist, so there is also no need to use a moisturizer. Note that if a blackhead on your back is especially large or stuck in a pore, make an appointment to have it removed by a professional dermatologist or cosmetician, who will use a comedone removal tool or a laser to get rid of it.Turn on the shower and rinse the mixture off of back using hot and then a blast of cool water.
- 5Eventually the blackheads should just fall out on their own due to the repeated cleaning and exfoliation. It is normal for your back to look a bit pink while this happens because the oil of oregano is very stimulating to the circulation and the rubbing action of the salt also can make your skin turn pink. However, if your back turns bright red, swells or produces more oil as a result of using essential oil of wild oregano then stop using it altogether.You can use this potent oregano scrub on your back twice a week.
Tips and Tricks
- Replace products like loofahs and scrubbers every three months to prevent infecting your skin pores with bacteria
- Make sure that you rinse any soap or bath product residue off of your back after you have a bath
- After you shampoo and condition your hair in the bath or shower, make sure that those products have not left residue on your back
- Be sure to towel yourself off and have a shower after you exercise
- Be sure to clean gym equipment before you use it, especially if you are using benches and risers that could be infected with bacteria from other user's sweat
- Wear loose cotton clothing that lets your skin breathe and stay away from tight cling fabrics, especially if you are suffering from chronic breakouts of blackheads
- Be sure to use disinfectant at the gym and wipe down any equipment before you use it as there is no guarantee that the previous user has done so
- Protect your skin from burning in hot summer heat by wearing a loose shirt over backless clothing
- Do your laundry regularly; sleep on clean sheets and wear clean clothes
- Use a laundry detergent that is hyper allergenic and scentless to make sure that your back is not reacting to chemicals in the soap or fabric softener that you use
- Use a beach towel when lying on cement or sand at the beach or pool to protect your back from being infected
- Eat a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables as these foods contain antioxidants that assist with healing the skin
- Drink plenty of water to keep rinsing your body of the toxins that build up in your blood and skin, thus facilitating faster repair
- Stay away from additives in food that act as hormonal disrupters and that can cause breakouts of blackheads on your back due to imbalances
- Never use any essential oil directly on your skin as you could suffer from dermatitis; always dilute them with water or with a carrier oil first
- If you are person who shaves or uses a depilatory on their back hair it may be time to stop for a while so that any ingrown hairs have time to recover
- Never use essential oils to treat hormonal blackhead breakouts if you are pregnant as you could harm your baby