Get Housework Done with a Baby
Edited by MsBarbs
Having a baby is a huge responsibility, which often leads to housework being neglected as the family adjusts to the new responsibility. A baby often requires an adjustment period for not only the family but also their routines, habits, and schedules. Choosing baby names could be quicker than this adjustment. Nevertheless, several calendar months do not have to pass before you can get started on that growing pile of laundry. Learn the secrets and get back to a clean home.
If you are wondering how to find the time to tend to housework, or need tips for a future addition, this article may be exactly what you are searching for.
- 3If a playpen is not a viable option for your child. You can always use a harness like a kangaroo, wrap or other carrier. Doing so will allow the child to be with you while allowing work to be accomplished. This may be the perfect solution for chores, like vacuuming or others, which require movement from different rooms.Use a harness.
- 5Asking for help when you need it could be essential to your physical and psychological well-being. There are ways you can get help with household tasks. You could:Get help.
- Call a friend, neighbor, or a family member to come and watch the baby while you get some housework done, take a needed nap, or shower.
- Hire a cleaning service or ask a friend or family member to help. If you do not have the money to hire a cleaning service, asking a friend or family member for help is a good idea. Not only will a friend or family member know if you are allergic to anything they'll more than likely already know your likes and dislikes.
- 6Create a housework schedule by identifying the rooms and tasks that need the most attention. Usually, the kitchen, living room, entrance ways, and main bedroom will require daily attention while other areas of the home can be scheduled for cleaning once or twice per week depending upon traffic levels.Get scheduled.
- 8When you have a young baby you may want to sleep when baby does especially if you are up often during the night. However, as the child grows older you may choose to utilize this time by doing something other than napping.Take advantage of naps.
- Don't use regular towels for Windows, mirrors, or dusting. Instead, use a microfiber towel. They work better and only require you to either spray a small amount of water on the surface or dampen the towel to clean.
- Make sure, wherever baby is that he or she is safe.
- Never leave baby unattended while awake and active. Doing so can lead to accidents.
- Keep all cleaning products away from baby and out of baby's reach.
- When using a stroller properly restrain the baby to help prevent accidents.
Categories : Parenting