Get Good Grades
Edited by Seighart, Charmed, Eng, Ephraim and 1 other
When it comes to getting good grades there is no simple solution in order to achieve this goal. There aren't any secrets or short cuts in order to ensure that you get good grades in your school year, it will come down to hard work and dedication. In this article you will get a number of tips that can help you to retain, study and execute information that is learned in class during your school year. Following these steps and advice will ensure that you get good grades in school whether you are in grade school or college.
A daily planner will help significantly when trying to remember your assignments or days that you have tests so that you can write down how much time you have while also marking time that is left. By writing out exactly how much time you have you will be able to plan ahead for your test or assignment while studying and preparing in the meantime, below are steps to help you to successfully use your planner.
- 1Write down the dates and what the upcoming assignments are about/on so that you can be reminded of exactly which assignment/test is due in order for you to plan your study sessions or the gathering of information for your assignment.Advertisement
- 2Ensure to place the correct date for your assignment so that you do not get mixed up by trying to get the assignment done early or too late for this an throw off the flow of your other assignments.Advertisement
- 3Do not place the assignment/test day on an earlier day to help yourself prepare faster for either two bad things can happen either you can prepare for an earlier day and get disappointed or you can make yourself mess up the timing on other assignments.
- 4Write down in your planner exactly what you need to do for each assignment and pick alternate days for each assignment. If you need to in fact add studying/gathering for a particular task on the same day as another ensure that you are only loading up two on the same day to give yourself time and space to focus
- 5Do not overload your days as mentioned above because by overloading you will not be able to fully focus on the tasks properly if you are jumping from one topic to another on that particular day.
- 6Check your planner daily in order to make sure that you are keeping up with the correct assignments/tests that you are needing to prepare for in the future.
- 7Take your planner home daily, do not leave your planner in school or anywhere else for this may mess up your scheduling if you do not fully remember your proper scheduling for your assignments.
- 8Your planner should be neat and readable for a messy planner will not help you to keep up with your tasks effectively if you cannot read or recognize your tasks for the upcoming days.
Have a neat space
Depending on the type of school you are attending you may have one of the following a desk space, locker or personal home space for your books. Regardless of your space be sure that you are keeping everything neat and in its place for a lot of people suffer from getting bad grades due to losing their assignment papers/home work. If your environment is neat then you will be able to concentrate better rather than trying to focus in clutter. Here are other ways and reasons to keep your area of knowledge clean.
- 1At least once a week you should clean up your area in order to keep the area clean so that you can focus clearly in your specific spaceAdvertisement
- 2Do not keep anything that is not important to your learning process in your knowledge area for they can prove to be a distraction from your tools you use to learn
- 3Keeping your area clean will help because you will help the chances of not losing anything for your area will already be clean lessening the chance of losing important documents.
- 4Your backpack should be kept up to pa just as you would keep your locker for this is the transportation your work takes to and from class. Having a cluttered back pack will heighten the chances of you losing important information needed for school.
Use Your calendar
If you have a calendar then utilize it to also mark important dates that are upcoming so that you will never forget when an assignment, task or test is coming up. Use your calendar just as you would use your planner only on your calendar mark down the types of assignments rather than marking extra information that you should already have in your planner. Also practice time management on your calendar for school is very important but you will need to also add other activities in order to help you unload from all the knowledge every once in a while.
Connect With How You Learn
This means that you are the best judge of how you retain information for some people are good listeners, note takers or people who study from the book. Each person has one of these abilities that shine more than the other so it is very important that you get a hold of which style is your so that you can capitalize in learning so that you never have to worry about not being prepared for any assignment, task or test. Below are some ways that you can help to capitalize depending on your situation.
- 1Listeners are people who retain information better by hearing the instruction given to them vocally. In order to capitalize as a listener you will need to always focus on the teacher rather than other who are around you at the time if you do not focus on the teachers word then you will more than likely fall behind.
- 2Note takers are the type of people who are able to retain through copying the information on paper, some who write down words often retain them better for they are processing the words onto paper sort of like copying and pasting. In order to capitalize you will need to take all notes or record information properly for any information copied that is right or wrong will be remember by a note taker unfortunately which is there downfall for they can get good information or bad information.
- 3Bookworms/book studiers are the people who can retain information books rather than listening or taking notes. Bookworms retain information better when they are reading the official facts from a textbook rather than hearing it from word of mouth for they take the information in books to be the perfect example or outlet for the information.
Join The process
A good way to make good grades is for you to participate in class discussion whether you are asking for help on a subject or whether you are just putting your input into the conversation. When you voice your knowledge or problem you will allow the option of getting the information explained to you so that you personally can understand either from the teacher or other students. If you are a closed book in class and do not participate then you will lose a lot of information that could be explained to you if you would simply ask for help.
Think of it in your mind as if you have a question in regards to something that you do not understand, by not asking you will never get the information you seek unless you research the information yourself which is highly unlikely in some people. Also you can experience this loss for you believe that your answer is perfectly right but without explaining you will not fully know if your answer is right about a subject or wrong if you do not join the class discussion. . Do not worry about being picked on for raising your hand for everyone is not perfect but at least you are striving for understanding of knowledge.
- 1Set a Study Time - You will need to follow a strict schedule or time for studying and for that you will need a quiet and well lit room. You may also study in a library in case the room is not available.
- 2Don't be absent - Attend your classes, never cut or be late. Ask your parents to give you reward if you complete you school attendance.
- 3Take those notes down - Make sure that you only write down the important ones, make outlines so that you will easily remember it when you review on your study time.
- 4Participation - You will need to talk to your teacher, ask what you don't understand. Never be afraid to ask questions or stand in front of your class.
- 5Be organize - Whether it is on your house or school. Follow a schedule for games, eating and sleeping. Do some exercise to have good health and avoid being absent due to sickness.
- 6Avoid Stress - Take a break and be with your friends.
Categories : Parenting
Recent edits by: Ephraim, Eng, Charmed