Get Familiar With Xperia Icons
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Rebecca M., Christine Cruz and 1 other
Sony Ericsson Xperia is one of the most sought after mobile devices today. It is running the Android operating like most smartphones and tablets so there may be functions or features that are similar. However, this doesn't mean that all processes on it are the same as other devices that run the same operating system. I listed steps that will help you be familiar with the Sony Ericsson Xperia icons and basic on screen functions.
This following are the screenshots of Xperia icons that you will encounter. Most of them are pretty straightforward but the details of the "more important ones" are listed below the picture.
- 1Signal strength - this shows how strong or weak of a signal that your phone is getting.Advertisement
- 2No signal - indicates that your mobile isn't receiving any signal at all.Advertisement
- 3Roaming - indicates that you are connected to network via international roaming when you are out of the country.
- 4GPRS/Edge/3G available - shows you the type of the network technology you can connect to.
- 5Sending and downloading GPRS/Edge/3G data - indicates the type of the network technology you are connected to.
- 6Battery status - shows how much battery is left.
- 7The battery is charging - logo that shows on your battery when it is plugged on a power source.
- 9Airplane mode is activated - indicates that airplane mode is on and you won't be able to connect to any networks.
- 10SIM card is locked - a lock is enabled on your SIM and it can't be used.
- 11Vibrate mode - your phone will vibrate for any type of notifications.
- 13Problem with text message/multimedia messaging delivery - unable to send an outgoing message.
- 14Problem with sign-in/sync - can't sign you in or sync your account.
- 15Storage card is full - your SD card already run out of space.
- 16Error message - an error occurred with one of the actions you performed.
The Home Screen
Below are the steps on how to access and manage your notifications.
- 1You can either scroll the notification bar down which will show you all the notifications right away or tap on the menu key.
Zooming in and out
Adding a widget or a shortcut
For your convenience, you can add a widget or a shortcut on the home screen to access your favorite apps and functions easily. Below are the steps.
- 3Drag them to the home screen where you want to put them or to the trash bin icon if you want to delete them.