Get All Unlocks in Mario Kart 7
Edited by Batkingnz, Eng, Lynn, KAB and 8 others
Mario Kart 7 is Nintendo's version of Mario Kart for the 3DS and the newly released 2DS. For the first time ever, players can race their favorite Nintendo characters around in glasses-free stereoscopic 3D. If you've played any of the newer Mario Kart games, you will know that Nintendo has really been going all out with bonus unlockable content, and Mario Kart 7 is no different. In the guide below, we're going to tell you how to get every possible unlock in this generation's hottest handheld kart racer game.
- 1 Unlockable Characters
- 2 Un-lockable Upgrades
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 How do you unlock Princess Daisy?
- 3.2 How do I get the black wheels?
- 3.3 How do I get the first person camera?
- 3.4 How do you unlock Metal Mario and Shy Guy?
- 3.5 I was wondering; is there any benefit to my VR level?
- 3.6 How do you get the Mii character?
- 3.7 How to get mirror mode in mario kart 7?
- 4 Comments
- 1You might remember Daisy as the focus of Mario's rescue efforts in some of the older Gameboy games. Well in Mario Kart 7, she's a fully playable, un-lockable character. To unlock her, you need to win the Mushroom Cup on 150cc difficulty.Daisy.Advertisement
- 2Wario is the Mushroom Kingdom's evil version of Mario. He's been playable in the various versions of Mario Kart, up until now, and this time, he makes his villainous return as an un-lockable character. Play through and win the Flower Cup on 150cc difficulty to unlock him.Wario.Advertisement
- 3Rosalina was introduced to players in Super Mario Galaxy, and she's here making a cameo now in Mario Kart 7. To play as Rosalina, you first need to win the Star Cup on 150cc difficulty.Rosalina.
- 4Players of the original Super Mario 64 might remember the metal cap that turned Mario metal and gave him added abilities. In Mario Kart 7, Metal Mario is a separately playable character, and you can begin using him when you complete the Special Cup on 150cc difficulty.Metal Mario.
- 5Shy Guy is the ghost mask wearing creep from various past Mario games. He was a playable character on the Mario Kart DS and makes his return here, just as soon as you've beaten the Shell Cup on 150cc difficulty.Shy Guy.
- 6Honey Queen, like Rosalina, originally came from the Super Mario Galaxy games. She's also joining the fun in Mario Kart and you can play as her once you've beaten the Banana Cup in 150cc difficulty settings.Honey Queen.
- 7Wiggler is an enemy from some of the Mario games, having first been seen in Super Mario World. To help him make his debut as a playable character, you will need to beat the Leaf Cup on 150cc difficulty first.Wiggler.
- 8Lakitu is another series veteran from around the Mario universe. He can be found in some games dropping enemies from his cloud, or as the in-game cameraman in Super Mario 64. If you want to find him in Mario Kart 7, you're going to have to get the Lightning Cup out of the way first, by winning it at 150cc difficulty settings, of course.Lakitu.
On top of the character unlocks that we have listed above, there are 25 more karts and accessories to unlock in the game. The method for unlocking these is not so straightforward, nor is it linear, as everyone unlocks the items in a different order.
How to Unlock Upgrades
Mario Kart 7 re-introduces coins into the tracks, and collecting these coins is key to getting the upgrades. You can be holding a maximum of 10 coins at the end of any race, but keep in mind that getting hit by weapons or obstacles that cause you to crash will make you lose coins. The strategy here is to collect every coin possible during the race. The upgrades are then unlocked in a random order when you reach milestones in total coins collected.
Reach any of these milestones to get a new item.
These are the available items, un-lockable by milestones. The order in which you receive them is random - so no one item corresponds directly to a coin milestone.
|Koopa Clown Kart||Barrel Train Kart||Zuchini Kart|
|Bumble V Kart||Pipe Frame Kart||Tiny Tug Kart|
|B Dasher Kart||Cloud 9 Kart||Egg 1 Kart|
|Bruiser Kart||Cact-X Cart||Blue Seven Kart|
|Egg 1 Kart||Red Monster Wheels||Slick Wheels|
|Slim Wheels||Sponge Wheels||Swooper Glider|
|Peach Parasol Glider||Flower Glider||Beast Paraglider|
In addition to the listed items, there are a few special items that can be unlocked by meeting different conditions.
|Gold Glider||Make the 10,000 coins milestone, or alternatively you can collect with over 100 players via Street Pass to unlock this.|
|Gold Standard Kart||Make the 20,000 coins milestone, or alternatively you can obtain a VR higher than 10,000 points.|
|Gold Wheels||You need to obtain at least a one-star ranking in all of the Cup tournaments.|
|Gold Steering Wheel||This is probably the most special item in the game and is not manually equip-able. You can only unlock this by completing at least 80 percent of 100 races in first person mode using the gyro (motion) controls. The wheel is only visible when you are in first person mode.|
Questions and Answers
How do you unlock Princess Daisy?
I do not know how to unlock the other characters.
Princess Daisy is Daisy in this article. See Step 1. To win a race, you have to finish first in it. Please read the rest of the article to see how to unlock the rest.
How do I get the black wheels?
What do I need to do to unlock it?
The closest to black are slick and roller wheels. All wheels are unlocked randomly by collecting Coins as you race offline to increase your Coin Total. Wheels, Gliders and Karts (24 parts total) are unlocked randomly at the following coin tiers: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000,1200, 1400, 1600, 1800, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, and 5000.
How do I get the first person camera?
I want to unlock the gold steering wheel, but I don't know how to get into the first person mode. Can you help me?. I have tried: I have already given you what you need to answer. I think it was caused by: Nothing at all.
Press The Down Arrow.
How do you unlock Metal Mario and Shy Guy?
I just want him so I can show my friends. I have tried: I beat 150cc and 100cc
Its up on this website. Read It!
I was wondering; is there any benefit to my VR level?
Is it possible to unlock things depending on your VR level, opposed to coins?
Yes, you can get the Gold Standard Kart that way.
How do you get the Mii character?
Unlock the Mii character. Please help me out here! I have tried: A lot of things 150cc online prime example. I think it was caused by: Nothing at all
The answer is simple, all you have to do is beat the "Special Cup" in 50cc. If this does not work, try beating the "Special Cup" in 100cc.
How to get mirror mode in mario kart 7?
I am a good player in mario kart 7
The way I got mirror mode is going through all the 150cc races and got all the characters. After you get all the characters mirror mode should unlock.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, Somegamer2, Nuance