Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng, Hotelier and 1 other
You're watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial series on how to play the trumpet. In the previous tutorial, we discussed how to single-tongue the trumpet. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to play long notes on the trumpet. We will go over some daily drills that you can do to increase the endurance and stamina of your embouchure. As you begin practicing, remember to keep good posture, good embouchure, and a strong, focused stream of air. Our first daily drill comes from Max Schlossberg's book of daily drills and exercises. It is, along with Arban's book, a very important book to help in the development of your embouchure and technique.
- 7The last, seventh, position is formed by pressing down all three valves at the same time. The seventh position is used for the notes C# and F#. Remember to take breaks during these exercises. However, continuing these drills will help you strengthen your muscles.
This was a tutorial on how to play long notes on the trumpet. Please make sure to view our next tutorial on how to hold the trumpet correctly. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
See more tutorials on playing the trumpet:
- Tune a Trumpet
- Play Staccato on the Trumpet
- Stand in the Correct Posture While Playing the Trumpet
- Play Legato on the Trumpet
- Empty Spit out of the Trumpet
- Play with Lips Trills on the Trumpet
- Improve Double Tonguing Notes on the Trumpet
- Play Arpeggios on the Trumpet
- Play C Chromatic Scale on the Trumpet
- Play Intervals on Trumpet
- Do Buzzing Exercises When Playing the Trumpet
- Use Your Diaphragm for Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz with Lips when Playing the Trumpet
- Buzz When Playing the Trumpet
- Hold the Trumpet
- Single Tongue the Trumpet
- Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
- Play the Trumpet with the Correct Embouchure
Video: Gain Endurance to Play Long Notes on the Trumpet
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Hotelier, Eng, VisiHow