Fry an Egg Over Easy Without Breaking the Yolk
Edited by Grimm, MsBarbs, Eng
Hi, you are watching VisiHow. This is Henry, and today I'm going to show you how to cook an egg over easy without breaking the yolk. To do that I'm probably going to need a slightly different pan than the one I have here. This is a small pan. Usually this is my preference for cooking eggs over easy and I will show you why in just a minute.
- 1I have a big burner on the front of my stove I have a small one here. Then in the back I have two uniform size burners. Let me pull the tops up and I will show you what I am talking about. I am going to be using the smaller one, because it is the perfect size for my smaller pan.Sometimes you may want a larger pan, however the larger the pan is the larger your burner needs to be.
- 8I would like for it to all be bubbled up. There are three pan choices that you can use for cooking there is a Teflon pan like I am using, then there is an iron skillet which will require seasoning we put oil in the pan and you burn until becomes black we will do a video on that one day and you can also use a ceramic pan which is probably my favorite but they are very hard to keep clean. In order for a ceramic pan to be nonstick you really have to scrub it. Teflon you don't and cast-iron and you don't have to scrub.Before I cracked the egg I want to make sure that the buttery is completely melted and bubbling up as it melts.
- 14Unfortunately, the one that broke is not going to be that runny anyway, but that is just how it is.You can see here, I don't know if you can see this, it's still a little slimy on the top so we don't mind if the white part gets cooked a little extra but we do mind if the yellow part gets cooked little extra because then we would I have a runny yellow yolk and that is the purpose of this.
- 15This one over here is still pretty runny but that's because the yolk broke. Generally speaking, I just pulled these from the refrigerator, you are going to want to take your eggs out ahead of time before you cook them so that they will reach room temperature. As long as your house is not extremely hot so the egg goes bad. The reason for that is that when the egg is room temperature the white part cooks faster, and the whole process moves more quickly.Now you can see it's changed but it's not as runny and limited my pain around a bit more and things are still looking good.
- 17I will show you when I cut these up that they are still runny. Which in my world means that they are still tasty. Add a bit more black pepper on this side of the egg because pepper is awesome. You can add red pepper or cayenne pepper if you like it. If you are feeling a little rough from maybe celebrating a little bit too much the night before you can fry a piece of toast as well in the leftover butter, put the egg on top of it, and let the egg yolk run in to the toast. I think it makes a tasty snack. In addition, it makes you feel a little better.You can see that these are little bit burnt over here and here it's nothing serious.
- 22Thank you for watching VisiHow enjoy your eggs. As you can see it is easy to do and a fast process which does not require much work. I look forward to seeing you in our next video have a great day and again Thanks for choosing VisiHow.Let's cut this egg open and you can see the yolk running out of there.
Video: Fry an Egg Over Easy Without Breaking the Yolk
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Grimm