Edited by Scarlet.Tulip, Eng
When you refrigerate them, berries only last for about 3 days. Freeze berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc) if you want to enjoy them for months or maybe even longer!
- 1Soak the berries in cold water. Drain the water before moving on to the next step, and make sure they're dry using paper towels.Clean the berries.
- Strawberries can be rinsed under running water. Do not use hot water! Also, do not rinse more delicate berries under running water!
- 1Like with the other method, soak the berries in cold water and drain the water before continuing.Clean the berries.
- Don't dry off the extra water with paper towels this time! You should have a little extra, not enough for them to be dripping wet, but enough for them to feel a little wet when you touch them.
- 4Freeze them again.
Tips & Tricks
- Both methods work for nearly any kind of berry.
- Use fresh berries! Don't use berries that already look rotten or soft.
- Thaw the berries before you eat them.
- You can also cut the berries if you add sugar, but don't cut the berries if you plan on freezing them with no sugar.
- There are many magazines that write about things like freezing berries, so you can check those if you want to do a lot of this. Some examples are Southern Living and page=1 BHG.
Categories : Preservation & Storing
Recent edits by: Scarlet.Tulip