Find the Right Baby Keepsakes
Edited by estrella sacragon, Eng, Lynn, Rebecca M.
Memories of your bundle of joy! How good it is to remember the old times!
Of course you may have heard it more than 100 times that babies grow up so quickly that you should enjoy them while they are still small. This is the very reason why parents save things from their adorable babies, just to remind them of the days when their little ones depended fully on them.
Thankfully, parents these days aren't limited to keeping little boxes of never-been-used socks, shoes, or even silver spoons of their babies. You can actually have different fun and stylish baby keepsake products to choose from. From adorable handmade pendants to funky wall hangings, below are some of the most interesting baby keepsakes that will keep your baby's memories for life.
How to Find the Right Baby Keepsakes
- 1Fingerprint Portraits. What keepsake can even be cooler than a fingerprintAdvertisement
- 2Personalized Children's Nature Name-book. This is pretty much similar to your ordinary storybook. But what makes this stand out is the fact that your baby's name is imprinted in it. You can keep your personalized children's nature name book for years, provided that your baby doesn't end up gnawing on this interesting piece of art. With this name book, you get to be reminded of all the wonderful years you've had with your baby, from the time they started counting numbers or the moment they learned their ABC. This book is now more than just an educational tool. It has become a sweet memory for later.Advertisement
- 3I Wear Your Handprint Necklace. This is one funky piece of mom jewelry that gives you the chance to wear with you your baby's footprints or handprints right around your neck. And yes, you can really see real prints of your baby. Send in your digital files or an actual print on paper and let the company do the etching of the image onto a copper coin. Nothing beats walking around, knowing that your baby will always remain close to your heart - that is, around your neck.
- 4Silver Leaf First Year Frame. This is one very interesting baby keepsake that is worth keeping. This is a picture frame where you can show off all of your baby's first adventure. Yes, you will have to wait for at least a year before you finally fill it up, but with the memories it holds that can last forever, a year of waiting is well worth it.
How to choose the best baby keepsakes
Making a baby handprint or footprint is a wonderful manner of capturing the joy of celebrating a newborn's arrival to this world. The handprints will create a permanent record or imprint of just how adorable and tiny those little hands and toes are. This little bundle of joy will surely grow too quickly, and for the parents, those first few months pass by in an instant. It is for this special reason that you have to create the best keepsakes, such as the baby handprints and footprints.
- 1Keepsakes for gifts. If you are planning to give a present to the new parents, it's best to give them something that will always remind them of those precious days. The couple would appreciate it all the more if you could create a specially designed keepsake for their child. You could make a personalized item such as a picture frame, where you could place the infant's picture. You may also create a wonderful photo album for the new parents.Advertisement
- 2Keepsakes for personal use. If you are a parent, start collecting the keepsakes, and when you're done with your project, you have to place it in a nice storage box. Start by lightly stuffing puffy sleeves and hats using your acid-free tissue paper. Lay these items onto a layer of tissue. Add more tissues when needed and be sure a tissue is securely cushioned on each item's fold to prevent heavy creasing. Secure the items in your storage box. Do the same steps with each item.
- 3Adding scent. To add scent, wrap a few sprigs of lavender with tissue paper and place them inside the box, making sure that the lavender does not directly touch the keepsakes.
- 4Storage. When storing, choose a cool dry place. Don't place the keepsakes in places with extreme temperature like garages, basements or attics. Ideally, an interior space is perfect, but you have to keep these items from pipes that might burst. Places near exterior walls should also be avoided. When it comes to keeping toys and other keepsakes, you need to consider three important things: How much the item is loved, how big the item is, and how well should the item be kept. So store a keepsake that is worth keeping! Making baby keepsakes is a daunting project, but the memories that go with these things will last a lifetime. Find out what important baby items are well worth keeping and do your own baby keepsake projects today.
- 5Completing your mini project. Once you have completed your baby keepsakes project, check on them at least once a year. Check for stains that may have possibly appeared. When signs of stains are visible, treat them properly. Aside from garments, other interesting things to make as baby keepsakes include toys and personal mementos.