Find Your Number and Use Call Forwarding on Sony Xperia ZL
Edited by Charmed, Eng, Graeme, VisiHow
Some people even if they are using the same SIM card number for months or even a year they still don't memorize their own number. I don't memorize my own number :) I always have to look at someone else's phone to see what is my number and sometimes if am in the computer I am just copying and pasting my number. So it is useful to know where to find your number in case you need it. In the first part of this article we will guide you on how to find your number on Sony Xperia ZL.
Find your number
Use call forwarding
Mobile is very handy we can bring it anywhere and use it anywhere most of the time but even if this is the case there are some circumstances that prevents us from reaching and or attending to our mobile like for example if your battery is dead, you don't have a signal, you are using your phone talking to someone else or you are in an establishment which prohibits the use of mobile phone. In the situations mentioned Call Forwarding is very handy.
Disable call forwarding
- 5Then select the type of settings that you want to disable for example you want to disable the call forwarding when unanswered, then tap to select this option. Then a popup will appear and will give you an option to disable, tap disable.
- 6You call forwarding has been disabled.
Questions and Answers
I can't find my own number on my phone?
Thank you, I could use your help with 2 different issues
Some carriers do not include the number on the SIM card; so, you will see something like "Unknown" instead of the actual number. You can try another method. Call your friend from your phone. Your number will be shown on his or her screen. You can record your number in your own contact list after that.
Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below to add your number to your SIM card afterwards.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Tap on Contacts.
- 3Press the menu key on the phone.
- 4Tap on "More" in the options.
- 5Tap on "Settings".
- 6Tap on "Own Number" in "Settings".
- 7Enter your name and phone number that showed up on the friend's phone when you called him or her.
- 8Tap on the save button.
Some carriers also offer USSD codes to get your phone number, for example, you can dial *555# for some Vodafone SIM cards. Contact your carrier for more details.