Find Attractions Near You with TripAdvisor on Microsoft Lumia 535
Edited by Thor, Melissa Rae, Eng
Hello, and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to use the TripAdvisor application to find attractions in your current location when using a Microsoft Lumia 535.
- 3On the home screen, we need to find the TripAdvisor tile. It is a green tile with the TripAdvisor logo in the middle, which is an owl with two large eyes. If it hasn't been pinned to the home screen, swipe to the left and locate it in the 'Apps' menu. Once you've located the tile, press down on it, and this will allow us to enter the application.
- 4Once the application is loaded, swipe either left or right until we're in the 'near me' section. Scroll to the middle section. It says the word 'attractions' in white text in a green rectangular box. It gives three examples of the attractions near us in our current location. We can press down on them enter them as well if we want to find out more information about those individual attractions.
- 5To find the complete list of attractions, press the 'attractions' button at the bottom of the screen. This will bring up a complete list of all of the attractions in our area. We don't have a huge amount of attractions in our current location because we're not in the most popular area. If you're in a more touristy area or a larger city, you'll probably have more attractions.
- 6Press down on the magnifying glass icon located at the middle bottom of the screen. This will allow us to search for attractions. If we're interested in a particular museum, such as a history or maritime museum, or if we're interested in a tour of a football stadium, we can type in some words to see if they come up in the TripAdvisor application. If we're in a bigger city and there are lots of attractions, we don't want to scroll through all the attractions and research them. Type in anything that we want to know about, and press the 'Return' key located at the bottom right-hand corner of the keyboard, and it will bring up the search results.
- 8Once we're in the list of attractions, we can press down on any one of them. We can see how far away they are on the right-hand side. Travelcaucasus is only 0.31 miles away from our current location. It also has a rating system. Press down on an attraction, and it will list the rating. The green inside of the circle is a positive ranking, and the white is negative. In the example, there are 4 1/2 green circles, so the rating is 4.5 out of 5, which is a very good rating.
- 9Press the 'Back' arrow to go back to the attractions. We can search by map instead of a list. For example, if we are traveling to a city and will be in one particular neighborhood a lot, we might just want to look for attractions somewhere close to where we are going to be staying. This is a way of filtering the attractions list. Press the green circle icon with a green planet inside of it at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. It will bring up a map of our current location.
- 10You can see that the map is very poor. Even if we zoom in by pinching the screen, there's very little information or detail. You may find that if you're in an unpopular area, then the maps will be of low quality. If you're in a more popular location, such as Paris, then the maps will be of very high quality, and you'll be able to see details of everything.
- 11We can see there are lots of blue pin icons in this map. They each represent a different attraction. For example, if we are going to stay in this area in the future and we want to see which attractions are going to be here, we can zoom in or move the map by touching the screen and scrolling around. It's not the fastest application to use.
- 17Once we're in the page, we can see some information, such as an address. Anything highlighted in green means that we can press down on it. In this particular attraction, there isn't a huge amount of detail. Normally, we'll find that there's a phone number here, and if we press down on it, we'll be able to automatically call that attraction from you Microsoft Lumia 535. There will also be a better address. Here we just have Vake district in Tbilisi, Georgia, but normally there's a more detailed address with a postal code and building number. If we press down on the attraction name, it will open up the Microsoft Maps application, not the map we've just seen, and it's actually a better map with more options on it.
- 23This concludes our tutorial on how to use the TripAdvisor application to find attractions in your current location when using a Microsoft Lumia 535. If you have any questions or comments about this video or about the application itself, then please leave them in the comment section below, and we shall answer them for you.