Fight Colon Rectal Cancer
Edited by estrella sacragon, Robbi, Lynn
Fear the dreaded C? It's time to know more about colon cancer and how to fight its ill effects.
Aside from getting a colonoscopy the moment you reach the age of 50, what else can you do to fight the dreaded colorectal cancer? You can do a lot, and the good news is that cancer-preventing habits are also identical to those which can help your heart.
Do what you are supposed to do in order to avert coronary artery illness and heart attack. The colon is the lowest part of a human digestive system and it's also the longest portion of the large intestine. Within the colon, salt and water from different solid wastes are extracted prior to being moved through the rectum. Colon rectal cancer is characterized by cell growth that goes out of control.
Most colon cancers start from small or noncancerous and benign tumors referred to as adenomatous polyps. The polyps gather on the inner large intestine walls. Over time, some of the polyps may develop into malignant colon cancers. So to be safe, the patient has to undergo a colonoscopy to remove these polyps. Colon cancer cells tend to attack and damage healthy tissues which are near the tumor, thereby causing a lot of complications.
After the formation of the malignant tumors, the cancerous cells travel through the lymph and blood systems and continue to spread throughout the body. Cancer cells can develop in several places through a process called metastasis. It's important that you know the right steps or procedures to help fight colon cancer.
- 1 How to Fight Colon Rectal Cancer
- 2 What do Experts Say about Colon Cancer: Understanding the Nature of Colon Cancer
- 3 Special Diet for Colon Cancer: What to Eat and What not to Eat
- 4 How to Prevent Colon Cancer: Ways to Safeguard yourself from the Wrath of Colon Cancer
- 5 Comments
- 6 User Reviews
How to Fight Colon Rectal Cancer
- 1Take aspirin occasionally.Advertisement
- 2Do not smoke.Advertisement
- 3Avoid red meat.
- 4Avoid heavy drinking.
- 5Make sure to get enough calcium and vitamin D.
- 6Proper weight control.
What do Experts Say about Colon Cancer: Understanding the Nature of Colon Cancer
Cancer- majority of us know that this is among the deadly diseases, and all of those people who are being strike by this illness are somewhat unlucky. Although there are people who are able to surpass the challenges of Cancer, the fact remains that there are those who are just waiting for their time come. As highly cognizable, Cancer is not only limited to one type.
One of the most prevalent kinds of Cancer nowadays is Colon Cancer. Colon is considered as the longest portion in the intestine, particularly of the large intestine. It is situated at the most bottom portion of the Digestive System. The colon contains salt and water, which actually comes from the solid wastes. The solid wastes on the other hand will then pass through the rectum, and eventually be totally eliminated from the body.
Comprehending Colon Cancer
As explained by medical professionals, Cancer is a certain group of illnesses, which is caused by out-of-control growth of the cells. Thus, Colon Cancer emerges if there is the presence of uncontrolled growth of cells in the large intestine. Majority of Colon Cancers come from tiny, benign or also referred to as non-cancerous types of tumors. These tumors are referred to as adenomatous polyps.
Specifically, these tumors emerge on the large intestine's inner walls. If not prevented, there is a possibility that these polyps might turn to malignant tumors, which then leads to Malignant Colon Cancer. In order for these polyps to be eradicated from large intestines inner lining, the patient needs to be subjected to Colonoscopy.
If Colon Cancer is not managed and treated, the cancer cells will eventually dominate, as well as impose damage on the healthy tissues, which are proximal to the tumor. The patient may suffer from a variety of complications.
In an event that the Colon Cancer becomes malignant, there is a possibility that the cancerous cells may visit the nearby locations, such as the lymph systems. Thus, by just going along the flow of blood, the cancerous cells could go to the different parts of the body. It is possible for the cancer cells to grow to the other places, and this process, according to medical experts, is referred to as Metastasis.
There are a lot of people who think that Rectal Cancer and Colon Cancer are pretty similar, but as explained by medical professionals, they're not necessarily alike. Nevertheless, it is possible that these 2 types of Cancers may occur together, and this illness is referred to as Colorectal Cancer. The Rectal Cancer is originally from the rectum, and as emphasized by experts, this part is the large intestines last couple of inches, proximal to the anus.
Just like the other types of Cancers, if Colon Cancer is not alleviated, it could metastasize. As a matter of fact, just in the USA alone, there are about 112,000 individuals who are being affirmed with this type of Cancer annually.
The Causes of Colon Cancer
- 1Polyps. In majority of cases, Colon Cancer starts from the emergence of precancerous polyps, which are in the large intestine. Among the types of polyps are:Advertisement
- 2Adenomas- These could become cancerous, yet they're typically being eliminated during the Colonoscopy process.
- 3Hyperplastic Polyps- It's rare to see cases of such polyps turn to Colon Cancer
- 4Inflammatory Polyps- These polyps typically emerges after the colon got inflamed or referred to as colitis. These polyps have the possibility to become cancerous.
Other causes include:
- 1The type of DNA
- 6Medical Factors
Special Diet for Colon Cancer: What to Eat and What not to Eat
Because of the intricacy of Cancer, until now, medical experts still don't have a much clearer view of what causes the abnormal production of cells, even though there are speculations. Colon Cancer is among the most common illnesses, specifically, one of the most common kinds of Cancer that are being diagnosed among guys and ladies. Nevertheless, statistics show that it is quite prevalent among the guys.
Whenever patients with Colon Cancer undergo therapy, majority of them are seeking meals that could boost their recovery, as well as render them comfort. When it comes to Colon Cancer patients, the need for the advice of a medical professional is highly needed. This is to ensure that health will be promoted and that recurrence of the illness will be defied. Thus, each and every Colon Cancer patient should be vigilant with what they're about to consume.
They should not as well hesitate to consult a certified dietician, and ask about the healthiest meals for them. The caloric intake must also be observed by patients with Colon Cancer. Majority of the individuals that have Colon Cancer are within the 50 and above age bracket. Among the risk factors, which the medical world believes that predisposes this deadly disease are: Family history, Too much alcohol intake, Too much smoking, High-fat diet and Diabetes.
This info is supported by the University Of Maryland Medical Center. Those people with Colon Cancer have the possibility to experience a myriad of symptoms that are nutrition-related. These symptoms may affect the different aspects of the patients' health, like changes in taste, anorexia, as well as weight loss. Thus, it is crucial for people with Colon Cancer to consume a diet regimen, which could decrease the symptoms, as well as help them enhance the quality of their life.
Colon Cancer patients need to consume meals that could aid them in maintaining an ideal weight, as well as avoid the advancement of the disease. Limitations in diet are not always necessary, as explained by medical professionals. However, if the medical expert told the patient to do so, then the latter has no choice but to follow the recommendation. As said above, Colon Cancer patients must seek the expertise of registered dietitians, and ascertain the healthiest meal options.
What Colon Cancer Patients could Eat
- 1Organic vegetables and fruits, such as grapes, cranberries, blueberries, as well as apples
What Patients should not Eat
As explained by medical professionals at National Cancer Institute, those individuals with Colon Cancer must have a very limited intake of meals, which are jam-packed with sodium and fat. Among these meals are red meat, fried foods, as well as dairy products. In terms of sodium packed meals, Colon Cancer patients should stay away from processed goods, such as frozen condiments, pasta, and canned soups. Trans-fat enriched meals must be totally avoided as much as possible.
How to Prevent Colon Cancer: Ways to Safeguard yourself from the Wrath of Colon Cancer
Aside from the fact that once a person reaches 50 years old, he/she should consider acquiring colonoscopy. People who are in this bracket should be vigilant of the other ways in order to safeguard themselves from the wrath of Colon Cancer. So who says that the quote, "Prevention is better than Cure" is already overrated?
If the medical experts will be asked, they would certainly agree that it's better to safeguard the stable condition of the body than cure it due to illnesses. One of the diseases that many people are scared of is Cancer. As highly cognizable, not all people with Cancer have high survival rate. In the United States, one of the most common kinds of Cancer that strikes is Colon Cancer.
Just like the relatives of Colon Cancer, this particular type is also the product of uncontrolled production of cells or uncontrolled growth of the cells. To be more specific, the abnormal growth of cells occurs in the colon, which is part of the Digestive System. This is referred to as the longest portion of the intestine, specifically of the large intestine.
Healthy lifestyle is the key in order to safeguard oneself from a myriad of illnesses. Below are some of the ways that could help people avoid having Colon Cancer. So why suffer from it, if there are ways that could aid in defying it?
- 1Have a fit activity every day. As explained by medical professionals, which is based from the current report, all kinds of moderate physical activities may help in preventing the risk of having Colon Cancer. One could simply allot 10 minutes and do various moderate movements. Simple walking up and down the stairs would do.
- 2It's crucial to maintain a healthy, ideal weight. Also, it is as well relevant to avoid having staggering amounts of belly fat. According to the findings, which are extracted from the CUP report, extra amounts of body fat is associated to higher risk of suffering from colon and/or colorectal cancer. Extra belly fat, no matter what the total body weight is, could increase the possibility of a person to have Colon Cancer. Thus, it's nice to be a portion-size savvy. Start consuming tiny servings of foods that are packed with calories, such as cheese, nuts, juice, and meats. It's nice to have desserts but its much better to only take at least 2 to 3 times, yet only on small portions.
- 3Fiber plays a very significant role in the prevention of Colon Cancer. There are already a lot of studies that can support the data that increased consumption of Fiber could decrease the risk of an individual to have Colon Cancer and/or Colorectal Cancer.
- 4Start limiting the intake of red meat, and as much as possible, avoid the consumption of processed goods, such as deli meats, bacon, hot dogs, as well as sausages.
- 5Those who are certified alcohol drinkers should now consider going moderate. As proven by the CUP report, too much intake of alcohol may leverage the risk of a person to develop Colon Cancer and/or Colorectal Cancer. It's much better to just consume 12 ounces of beer, 5 oz. of wine, as well as 1.5 oz. other types of liquor.
There is no user reviews.