Escape the friend zone (for the guy)
Edited by angeline zuhura, Nate Pepperell, Eng, Monika and 6 others
You really like her, want to date her, but the only problem is - the object of your desire thinks of you as a friend, even worse a brother! Without a lie; it's notoriously difficult to escape the 'friend zone'. First, lets examine the two ways that may have landed you in the friend zone.
How You Got Stuck In The Friend Zone
- 1Initially, there was an attraction between the two of you, but nothing was ever done about it. Now you are stuck wishing you had made a move the first time you laid eyes on her, because over time, you've been quarantined to the "friend zone".Advertisement
- 2You have been friends forever, maybe since grade school. One day, to your surprise, you felt something in your heart, a burning desire and love for her. Now what?Advertisement
How To Get Out Of The Friend Zone
- 1Create a balance between being a nice guy and a bad boy. The nice guy approach seems appropriate, but girls are different. Some take the nice guys to be easy, soft and boring so they want the bad boy. The good guy tends to make other people's feelings a priority over his own. You make it seem like your feelings don't matter at all. This reduces your self-worth. Try to find a balance between these two.Advertisement
- 2Find out whether or not she likes you. Take your time and figure out if she likes you or not. If you have been kept in the friend zone, it might not actually be your fault. Maybe she isn't ready to get into anything serious.
- 3Stop calling her Friend! By constantly referring her as your friend, you'll reinforce the idea that that's all you are - friends. She will suppress any feelings she might have had for you.
- 4Touch barrier. Break it at all means. There are platonic ways to touch someone and more romantic ways. Hold her hands, shoulders and back. Touch her hair, if she doesn't like it, she will without doubt tell you. Touch is an effective way of letting someone know you are attracted to them, or rather you find them attractive.
- 5Make her feel wanted. You think she has feelings for you, that's great! You now need to kick the flirting up a notch. Make her know how great and beautiful she looks, comment on her perfume, clothes, don't forget the new hairstyle, whatever you do make her feel like a girl. Make her feel wanted by you.
- 6Tell her how you feel. Okay, if all the talking and acting doesn't work out, bring out the big guns. Tell her how you feel, this is the only way you will get out of the friend zone. You have laid your cards down on the table so be prepared for anything. There can be only two outcomes, you get the girl of your dreams or not.
Other things to consider
- 1Find another woman. If you are sensitive enough and you feel that she is not interested in you then find another woman. In which case, you will not be wasting your time waiting for her answer, which is probably "No".
- 2Court her to let her know you are in love with her. You should put some effort into this task, so she'll accept your love. If you confessed to her, you will easily know the answer for your question.
- 3See to it that she is not taking advantage of you or your profession. Some of them only take advantage of boys because of their money and profession, but have no intention of loving the latter. Check if she is only using you treat her whenever she wants something. In this case, she are not in love with you but rather in love your money and profession.
- 4Try to avoid her for a couple of days. This technique is useful to know whether she will think of you when you are not around or not. This is also to test if she will communicate with you when you are not around. When she does not do anything to find you, you are not foremost in her mind.
- 5Make her jealous. To know whether she cares for you, get close to other girls. When she reacts, or asks you why you are close to other girls, watch her to figure out if she's just curious, or if she's a bit jealous. If she doesn't react or even ask, then there is no way for you because she doesn't care and never bother about you.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If she says no, well, it's pretty hard but you got to move one.
- Stop thinking about her and enjoy the most out of life!
- Sometimes telling a woman how smart she is makes her feel wonderful.
- Sometimes women don't like showing their hand, and if you try make her jealous, she might show no signs of it affecting her, but in truth, it does.
- There's a lot of tricks here, that feel a bit dishonest.
- Why not just tell her how you feel. No sneaking touches to her hair. No games. No pretending. No corralling some girls to make her jealous. Just truth. You can do all these things - step by step, and you'll still end up with a yes or no. Maybe, instead of all that, you could say - "I know we've been friends, really good friends, but lately, I find myself attracted to you in a more romantic way, and I'm wondering if you've ever considered that possibility." If she says yes, take her for dinner, or go for a long walk and slip your hand into hers.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Nuance, Doug Collins, Monica Leslie