Enjoy the Best Tourist Spots in Germany
Edited by estrella sacragon, Eng, Lynn, VC and 1 other
Germany is deemed as a country of contrasts. Why? Because this country has a distinct mix of age-old traditions and forward thinking details!
The country also boasts of its beautiful countryside, perfectly-preserved
towns and chocolate-box-pretty villages. Since Germany is one of the very few countries in the world ideal for a winter or Christmas travel destination, a lot of people these days are starting to choose to go to Germany. To enjoy your vacation with your friends and family in this amazingly spectacular country, here are some top destinations where you will surely have a blast.
How to Enjoy the Beautiful Sites in Germany
- 1Drag yourself down memory lane and step back in Medieval Europe as you follow the cobbled but beautiful streets through a fairytale-like gate in the city walls. The Rothenburg ob der Tauber, considered one of the most romantic and beautiful towns along the Romantic Road in Bavaria, is certainly a cool place to visit. This route is in itself worth a visit when you are in Germany. The Romantic Road stretches from Frankfurt to Munich. Generally, Rothenburg is a fairly small town, but it's filled with interesting museums and sites, including their main Market Square. The place is also surrounded by century-old buildings and the tall Town Hall Tower with 241 steps that lead to one of the most amazing views over the city. Furthermore, the Punishment Museum and Medieval Crime is also found in this small but bustling town. During nighttime, do not miss the entertaining Night Watchman's Tour.Rothenburg ob der Tauber.Advertisement
- 2The Black Forest cover, a huge area. Withing the area, you can find Baden-Baden; the Jewel of the Black Forest - Freiburg and Offenburg - and it is considered a spa town. Freiburg and Offenburg additionally, is the capital of this wine region, and other quaint villages. But tourists cannot fully appreciate this little town unless you drive or hike along the Scharzwaldhochstrabe - a famous route through valleys and rolling hills, mist covered lakes, and thick forests of black fir trees. Tititsee, a very beautiful and famous lake in Germany, can be found in this area as well. You can enjoy taking the Zapfle-Bahnle train to enjoy the scenic route around the misty lake, or you may also follow the lake road that encompasses the tranquil waters.The Black Forest (Schwarzwald).Advertisement
- 3This is Mad King Ludwig's castle, located south of Munich. This Romanesque building was the very building that inspired the Disney Castle. Although at present, the place is slowly becoming more overrun with tourists, the fact remains that the castle does not detract from its perfection, both inside and out. When walking around the castle, take a stop at Mary's Bridge just half way up the hill to get the most picturesque and beautiful view of the castle. You can enjoy the tour and feel like a fairy-tale character as you are taken by a horse-drawn carriage. And it's just a stone's throw away is also another scenic spot, the Hohenschwangau Castle.The Neuschwanstein Castle.
- 4Families who are traveling together will surely not be disappointed with the city, which has its own share of kid-friendly destinations and tourist spots. One of the must-see family getaways in Hannover is the Hannover Zoo, noted to be one of the best you can find in Germany. This zoo will surely take you into an exciting, fun and memorable excursion into the animal kingdom. After all, this zoo is like seven theme parks rolled into one. With more than 2,000 animal inhabitants, this zoo will keep you entertained all throughout your visit. There will be no single dull moment at all as you hop from one themed world, like the jungle world, to another, such as the riverside. You may also get to catch any of the daily shows and feedings in the zoo.Hannover Zoo.
- 5Peter's Church) in Heidelberg. The oldest preserved church in the old town of Heidelberg, St. Peter's Church is a picture of the city's cultural and historical preservation. The church was established as early as 12th century. Throughout the years, it has been successfully preserved in its original form. You can also check out the century-old oak tree that has been planted to celebrate the 400th birthday of Martin Luther King.Peterskirche (St.
- 6The marketplace is undeniably one of the points of interest that makes Heidelberg the famous tourist destination that it is now. This square is noted for its centerpiece fountain with a statue of Hercules on a column. Built between 1703 and 1706, this square has been a symbol of the strength of Heidelberg residents in rebuilding their city after severe devastation.Heidelberg Marktplatz (Market Square).
- 7Known to be the home of numerous prominent scholars, Alte Universitat is the oldest university in the country. Plus, it features baroque style architecture in its buildings and structures.Heidelberg Alte Universitat (Old University).
Germany is truly a country rich in history and culture. With so many beautiful sites to see, make sure you visit all the tourist destinations when you are in this beautiful country.
Why Is Germany a Perfect Place to Stay during the Holidays?
Germany is considered one of the world's most interesting and beautiful countries. It is enriched with history, medieval towns, art, culture, city high-life, and a whole lot more. With today's economy stretching your dollar as if it were a rubber band until it breaks, Germany is truly one country that will give you the most bang for your money not only during the holidays but all year round.
- 1One of the many concerns most vacationers always consider is the cost of the hotel accommodation of their point of destination. Germany is probably one of the very few countries with a very good value in terms of overnight hotel accommodations. Compared to other big European cities, Germany offers the most affordable accommodations. Additionally, the price level of drinks and foods in restaurants in Germany is comparatively low, this according to the Travel Daily News International.Affordable Accommodations.Advertisement
- 2While Germany is a perfect place to visit during the holidays, tourists can still enjoy lots of other activities all year long. Therefore, no matter the type of travel activity you prefer, you can still find a lot of seasonal activities to meet whatever your needs may be. During spring, you can enjoy a number of amazing environmentally-protected gardens and parks, forests, preserves, or at one of the hundreds of castles and castle gardens. Summer in Germany is also another fun time. Here, you can find city and coastal arts, or music festivals to fill your weekend. Come fall, Germany becomes an absolutely gorgeous tourist spot with the leaves of its trees slowly changing and the crisp and cold evening air starts to lightly roll from the mountains and hills. It is during the fall season where you get to have the perfect views of Germany's later summer sunlight that majestically glows upon castles atop hills. Also, do not forget their seasonal wine festival where you can taste precious varieties of wines. For winter seasons, Germany makes a perfect spot from Oktoberfest to Christmas markets. You get to experience the best times during the ski months.All-Year Long Activities.
- 3Germany has diverse natural landscapes that are just waiting to be explored. You can enjoy hiking and see the most spectacular views from mountain tops of houses with distinct red-roof tiles. You can also enjoy the soothing cool and fresh air that awaits you, which is just perfect for long hikes on the many well-mapped forests of Germany. If seaside resorts are your thing, you can also enjoy the traditional seaside routes where you can relaxingly stroll along its long and sandy beaches, large mud lines, or protected cliffs.Diverse Natural Landscapes.
- 4Of course, everybody knows about Germany's driving and mass transit. Now you get to experience it with the Autobahn that allows you to travel quickly the many stretches of Germany. For a more relaxing experience, enjoy the scenery along the way to your favorite German destination with the use of Germany's train system.Excellent Infrastructure.
Germany is definitely one place you want to go. And when you've been there, it's not a mystery if you can't wait to go back to this amazing tourist destination.
Tips when Traveling to the Best Tourist Spots in Germany
There are a lot of amazing features one could readily associate with Germany. Tourists who visit Germany are in for an exciting travel experience, made even more fun and meaningful with beer, sausages, hiking, castles, and parties. Beer halls and pubs are not the only fun places to check out when you are on this side of Europe. Berlin's vibrant and active art and music communities are two experiences you should not miss for the world.
You should also look forward to getting your energies rejuvenated with the very relaxing and scenic views of the beautiful forests in the west, the picturesque Alps in the south and the historical cities in the different corners of the country. Plus, the warmth and hospitality of the German people will add value to your stay in their country. Here is a rundown of reminders and tips to help you make the most of your Germany experience.
- 1Although winters are usually longer in Germany than the typical, the weather in Germany does not necessarily pose a major problem or concern to locals and tourists. No major climactic catastrophes such as tornadoes and thunderstorms have been noted in Germany. Only minor weather disturbances have been recorded. Nevertheless, there are frequent weather changes in the country. The weather may be good in the morning, but it may unexpectedly rain in the afternoon. To avoid frustration in your itinerary, make sure to prepare backup plans. Tourists are also advised to bring umbrellas and jackets. Likewise, the summer months of June to September are considered to be the best months to visit Germany because of the tourist-friendly weather.Weather.