Enable your Apple Iphone as a personal hotspot
Edited by Market Maker, Cave Man, Timbuktu, Charmed and 2 others
Did you know that your iPhone can be a source of WiFi internet too? All you need to do is to turn on your personal hotspot and other mobile or Tablet your area can share with your internet. This article will teach you how to enable your Apple iPhone as a personal hotspot.
Personal hotspot can be enabled through cellular data connection. You need to have it settled first from your phone carrier. The internet speed varies from the data plan package you avail.
Models should have WiFi, Bluetooth and USB connection to be able to become a personal hotspot. These includes iPhone 4 up to the later models. Below are the steps on how to turn on your iPhone's personal hotspot.
How to Turn on your iPhone Personal Hotspot
- 5Your Apple iPhone now is enabled as a Personal Hotspot and you should be able to connect to it from any device that has a wireless network interface
Connect devices to your iPhone WiFi Connection
Follow the steps below if you want to connect another phone, Tablet, computer or iPod to your iPhone's personal hotspot.
- 1When using a computer, check your Network Connections and choose your iPhone's name from the available network.
- 2Click on connect and type in your password.
- 3Wait for a few seconds until it gets connected.
- 4If you don't see your iPhone from the network connection list, just click on refresh until you see it.
- 5When using an iPod, iPad or any Tablet, enable the WiFi settings first and search from the list of networks the name of your iPhone.
- 6Key in the password and connect.
Tips and Warnings
- If you do create a custom password for your Personal Hotspot, do not use easy to guess passwords. In most cases the system generated default password is your best choice for security.
- You may change your password from time to time for security purposes.
- For iPhone 3GS, the maximum number of devices that can share internet with is 2. One for Bluetooth and another for USB connection.
- The number of devices connected to your personal hotspot may affect the speed of your internet connection. For iPhone 4 models and above, it's best to limit WiFi connections with 4 users.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Charmed, Timbuktu