Eat Before You Drink Alcohol
Edited by Train Wreck, Eng, VisiHow, Visihow Admin
It's important to eat before you drink alcohol, but knowing how to eat the right food before drinking can be challenging. Some believe that if you eat before you drink beer that you should have different food than if you are drinking wine. This is not true. The best food to eat before drinking is a combination of lean sources of protein and healthy fats. These are foods that will slow the absorption of alcohol into your bloodstream. They are also much better than the refined carbohydrates you may be craving, like chips, cookies, or white rice.
That said, if you're still asking yourself what to eat before a night of drinking, we've got the answers. This wiki is filled with great things you can eat that will help slow down the absorption of alcohol. Best of all, they're also (mostly) good for you, and will help you avoid having to sober yourself up later, or get rid of alcohol breath the next day.
Why should you eat before drinking?
Knowing why you should eat before drinking is important. In this case, it's also pretty easy to explain. Basically, alcohol is absorbed directly into the blood stream through the stomach and intestines if it gets that far. Put simply, the faster alcohol is absorbed into the blood stream, the more quickly you'll get drunk. Getting drunk too fast means you'll be more likely to lose control, and also means that you're not drinking responsibly! Read on for our list of 16 delicious and healthy things to eat before you drink.
Appetizers and Light Snacks to Eat Before You Drink
- 3Pickles. Surprise! These are a great healthy snack to make sure you aren't drinking on an empty stomach and make a great appetizer or addition to a main course (like tuna or salmon). Best of all, eating pickles with other foods can help increase the good bacteria in your gut, and can also boost the probiotics of your main meal.
Main Courses and Meals to Eat Before You Drink
- 1Egg and Cheese on Whole Wheat Toast. You can pack a lot of good proteins into this little sandwich, even adding some lettuce and tomato. If you're cooking on low heat with olive oil and then toasting the bread in the pan, you'll benefit from the olive oil too.
Tips and Suggestions
- Be careful of what you eat at the party. Things with a lot of bad fats can actually increase alcohol absorption. That's why you didn't see chips, burgers, onion rings, and fried foods on our list. They're bad things to eat when you're planning on a night of drinking.
- Don't forget to hydrate before, during, and after drinking alcohol. This means you should drink lots of water when you eat before drinking, while you are out drinking, and when you get home. You'll feel better and thank us in the morning. If not, then please refer to our article on how to get rid of a hangover. You're going to need it.
- Remember that no matter what you eat before you drink, drinking too much can still leave you a mess later in the evening and completely wrecked the next day. Drink in moderation and drink responsibly!
Got your own ideas, suggestions, recipes or additions to this wiki? Let us know, or update the wiki article yourself!
See more related tutorials: Treat Alcohol Poisoning, Drink on Antibiotics, Drink Alcohol and Exercise, Get Rid of Alcohol Breath, Be a Designated Driver, Sleep After Drinking, DUI Fines, Drink Responsibly, Determine If You Have Alcohol Poisoning, Drink Without Getting Drunk,Get Help with a Drinking Problem, and Drink Alcohol.
There is no user reviews.