Easily Store Christmas Lights and Christmas Beads In a Recyclable Plastic Bottle
Edited by Yuliya, Eng
Hi, you're watching VisiHow and today as part of our Christmas and holiday series, we're going to show you how you can easily put away things like Christmas beads and Christmas lights from the Christmas tree.
- 2What we're going to do is, you've finished using this bottle, you're going to wash it, then you're going to set it upside down in your dish rack to dry. When it's dry you've got the bottle and the lid, both of which are clean.Get an empty plastic milk bottle, coke bottle, or other kind of plastic bottle with a cap.
- 6Get an empty water bottle - if you're using a water bottle, you don't need to rinse it out, but do dry it. You notice I used plastic before, and I use plastic here. The reason for this is that plastic is a material that a little mouse or any other pest would chew up. If you use other things like empty paper towel roll, which many people like to use to wrap their lights around, a mouse might find that to be a very cozy little place for a nest. It can chew through your wires, and then you don't have Christmas lights anymore. This way, we take a plastic bottle - the mouse is not interested in that.Next I'll show you a great trick for Christmas lights.
- 10No longer will you have to lay out strings of messed up lights, and figure out which light goes where, because they'll all be self contained on these little bottles.By wrapping the lights like this, another great thing you'll be able to do later, is hold this small, easy to use bottle in your hand and unwrap them as you put them around the tree.
- 12It's not something that's just going to randomly fly off. It's great - you can take this whole bottle now and you can just toss it in a box. Next year when it's time to put the lights up, you just take out this bottle and just set it on the side. You don't have to play with coiling the lights around, or doing anything else. Best of all, when you're done you don't need this bottle anymore - just recycle it.Now that it's all tied up, and you shake it or tap it, it won't come off.
- 13Hopefully you'll be able to make use of this trick. Let us know in the comments if you have your own suggestions. We look forward to hearing them!Have a great new year, and thanks for watching VisiHow.
Video: Easily Store Christmas Lights and Christmas Beads In a Recyclable Plastic Bottle
Categories : Holidays & Traditions
Recent edits by: Yuliya