Drop Pins on Maps in Google Maps on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Amanda, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to drop a pin on a map in the Google Maps application on an HTC One M8.
- 2To unlock the phone, swipe the screen upwards. Once the phone has been unlocked, we will see the home screen, and at the bottom, we will see a row of icons. We need the icon at the bottom of the home screen and in the middle. It looks like a grid of white dots. This is the icon for the applications folder.Advertisement
- 4Find the Maps application. It is located at the top of the screen. The icon looks like a map with a red pin inside, and underneath, it says the word "Maps". Press down on this icon to open up Google Maps. What we want to do in this video is to show how to drop a pin on a map. We can drop a pin on a map at any time, in any location, anywhere we like, and it's going to give us a lot of options.
- 7Once a pin has been dropped, it gives us the address. This is very useful. Here, it says "7 Dimitri Arakishvili St". Next to that, we have the distance from our current location, marked with a blue dot. The distance is 5 minutes by walking, as shown by the icon of a person walking in the blue circle. Swipe the information panel up. Press down on the white bar at the bottom of the screen and swipe up.
- 8We have two options here. We can "SAVE" this address if it's important for us, and we can easily access it again. Or we can "SHARE" it with other people; perhaps this is a place we want to meet later, a restaurant or a theater, and we want to share this location. We can do that easily by pressing the "SHARE" icon.
- 11This concludes our tutorial on how to drop a pin on a map in the Google Maps application on an HTC One M8. If you have any questions or comments about this video, or about the process you have seen in this video, please leave them in the comments section below and we shall answer them for you.
Video: Drop Pins on Maps in Google Maps on HTC One M8
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Amanda, Thor