Drive Traffic on Your Website
Edited by Rubilyn Valdez, Christine Cruz, Zornitsa Bukovska, Lynn and 2 others
Creating a website is one of the most effective online marketing strategies to diversify your audience. In this age of modern technology, driving traffic to your website does not only give you advertisement for less but also generates income and profit for your business. Driving traffic for the website is initiated and managed by Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - a very powerful internet marketing tool that helps your website gain a ranking on major search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing depending on your target niche or keywords. Here are 10 simple but effective ways to get you started with SEO.
How to Drive Traffic on Your Website
- 1Develop content that your target audience will most likely be interested about. It is highly crucial that you know exactly who you are targeting and that you have made a thorough research on their search activities online.Advertisement
- 2Familiarize yourself with various tools that will enable you to understand the activities of your target market better.Advertisement
- 3Begin with small website campaigns first and make a thorough analysis of how the market responded to it. Look into areas that you can improve, based on how the market responded. For example, if extremely long technical articles did not seem to grab attention, you may want to opt for visual content instead or use a language that is easier to understand.
- 4Capitalize on social media. Social media is very powerful these days. People of all ages turn to social media not only for interaction and communication with other people, but also to gain additional knowledge. Boost the content of your social media tools. Avoid turning to automated audience generator as that will not bring you long-term traffic to your site. Develop genuine interaction with your audience instead.
- 5Customize your approach to your audience, depending on the channel that you use. For example, if you are using Pinterest, capitalize on the use of extremely attractive photos. The people using Pinterest are usually very visual people. If you keep on putting in content that's too wordy, that will more likely not grab their attention. On the other hand, Facebook is more about interaction and exchange of opinions. Develop interesting topics that will invite people to comment on. Show appreciation of people's feedback and respond to them individually, instead of using standard comments.
- 6Update your content as often as possible. The internet has brought information to people at the tip of everyone's fingertips. Make sure that you are bringing over information that's not old. People like to be on top of things and if they feel that they are getting that from your site, you are guaranteed that people will come back for more.
- 7Never copy other sites' content. Driving traffic is not just about providing content, but it is more about being able to provide content that is unique compared to your competitors. If you are just repeating exactly the same content as another site, there is not enough reason for your audience to prefer going to your site instead.
- 8Invest on a good website design. There is nothing more attractive than a well-organized web layout. People will not visit sites which look messy or which uses language that is not carefully thought of. Some interesting designs will definitely be able to attract enough traffic.
- 9Be constantly visible. You cannot do one campaign and if it succeeds by getting a traffic for that period of time, you cannot just stop there and think that that will already give you sustainable traffic. It will always be a work in progress and do not expect that miracles happen overnight.
- 10Be as precise as possible with your website. A more specific site is better attractive compared to a messy site containing so many different types of things. For example, if it's a fashion site, you may want to specialize in fashion for working women. This way, you are perceived as an expert in a particular industry and people will come back to you for that particular expertise.
- 11Consider the internet capabilities of the audience you are targeting. For example, if you are targeting an audience in Korea, make sure that your site has an extremely fast interface as people in Korea are very much used to having fast internet connections. If your site lags so many times, that will easily turn them off and look for other sites instead.
- 12Keep your site neat and on target all the time. Get rid of filler content and photos. It will not attract attention but will only confuse your audience.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Lynn, Zornitsa Bukovska