Download Photos from a Samsung S4 to Your Computer Download Photos from Phone to PC (Windows 7, Lollipop/Marshmallow) vs PC to Phone (Windows 7, Lollipop) vs PC to Phone (Windows 7, Marshmallow) ... and 2 more
Edited by estrella sacragon, Lynn, Eng, Melsan and 19 others
Do you love to download movies, photos, and music? You can easily download photos straight from your S4 to your PC!
There will really come a time when the need to transfer your photos and other files from your Samsung S4 to your personal computer, or vice versa, is necessary. One of the most common reasons is because you wish to upload photos and files via the Internet using your Laptop, but for some reason, your Samsung S4 has no internet connection. Additionally, you can also back up your personal files from your Samsung S4 to your personal computer.
Method 1: Download Photos from Phone to PC (Windows 7, Lollipop/Marshmallow)
Method 2: Download Photos from PC to Phone (Windows 7, Lollipop)
Method 3: Download Photos from PC to Phone (Windows 7, Marshmallow)
Method 4: Download Photos from Phone to PC (Windows 10, Lollipop/Marshmallow)
Several users have been reporting difficulties transferring files to and from an Android device and a PC running Windows 10. The most prominent glitch is nothing showing up once the drivers have installed. This isn't the case for everyone however, you should Check out Wieldy Mallard's short tutorial first before proceeding with our suggested workaround.
- 1 Windows 10 file transfer workaround (requires internet connection)
- 2 Download Photos from Galaxy S4 to your Computer with Samsung Kies
- 3 Bluetooth
- 4 Email
- 5 Storage Mass
- 6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Transfer my pics from my Samsung 4 to my laptop?
- 6.2 Nothing seems to work as the guide says?
- 6.3 Retrieve date from a working phone with a broken screen (touch still works but screen is black)?
- 6.4 I WANT TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM MY S4 TO MY PC. There must be a way that this can be done through the charging cord?
- 7 Comments
Windows 10 file transfer workaround (requires internet connection)
To do this you'll need a reliable internet connection and of course bandwidth. You're going to upload images and videos to your Google cloud storage using the Google Photos app. You can then download those same files to your computer via your Google account.
- First read Save space on your Android device using Google Photos to backup images
- Once you've uploaded your videos and photos to your cloud storage, sign in to your Google account on your PC and browse to Photos. Here you can download all the files you backed up inside the Google Photos app on your device, individually, or all together as a single zip file.
Method 5: Additional ways to Download Photos to your Computer
Download Photos from Galaxy S4 to your Computer with Samsung Kies
- 1When you wish to download your photos from your Samsung S4 to your computer, one of the easiest ways is via Samsung Kies. This is a computer application that will allow you to manage, update, sync, or transfer not only media libraries but also calendars and contacts to any supported Samsung device. Before transferring your files, download first the Samsung Kies application. Install this application once your download is complete. Then you can connect your Samsung S4 to your computer's USB port, or through a USB cable. Samsung Kies will automatically launch once you connect your S4.Samsung Kies.
- 2Start by connecting your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the USB port of your computer using your USB cable. Wait for your computer to detect your phone. Once it is properly connected, the computer will automatically install the necessary drivers and will indicate on your phone, "Connected as Media Device".You can also use your Samsung S4 as a media or storage device so you can transfer files from your phone to your PC, and vice versa.
- 3Hit the "Connected as a Media Device - Media Device (MTP)".After the driver installation is successful, simply pull down the notification channel to open it.
- 4Go to My Computer and look for the Media PTP or Camera PTP icon. These two basically act like normal USB storage devices where you can easily transfer your files between your Samsung Galaxy S4 and your personal computer.For older computers, the Media Transfer Protocol is not supported; thus you need to have the necessary drivers installed.
- 5There are some unsupported formats that can be opened by a device when you download a specific application that will enable this device to properly recognize the file. When you transfer your file, its duration is directly proportional to the size of the file, meaning the larger your files are, the longer it will take for the transfer to complete.Before downloading photos, though, there are important things to consider.
There are some computers that have Bluetooth capability which you can pair your phone to the computer to transfer your photos from your Galaxy S4 to your computer. Once it has been transferred via Bluetooth, you can view all photos on the computer.
Did you know that you can transfer files using your email from your phone? However, this is a very long process if you have hundreds of photos that you want to download on your computer and phones nowadays does not have a cheap or low resolution for the photos you are taking. Simply go to your email application then create an email then attach the pictures that you want to be downloaded to a computer and send it to your own email address. After you send it to your own email address, ignore it on your phone. Instead, go to your computer and access the website of your email address. Look into the inbox and should be able to see your own message in the inbox then open it. Once you have opened the inbox, download the attachment and save it on your computer.
Every phone has this feature to transfer your files from your Samsung Galaxy S4 to a computer. There are two ways for using storage mass.
- 1Simply connect the phone Via USB and it will install the drivers, and then tap on Storage Mass on your phone as it will be automatic pop up on the screen. Go to your My Computer then look for the storage devices (Except your drives) as it will be added right below the Drive C and D. This includes the SD card and the internal storage of the phone.Connecting your phone to a computer via USB.
- 2Simply remove the SD card from your phone, then insert it into the SD card reader. Once done, insert the SD card reader into the USB slot on the computer as it will install its driver. Now go to My Computer then look for the additional drive under your Drive C and D. This is only applicable to SD card and the internal storage will not be available.If you have an SD card reader.
Questions and Answers
Transfer my pics from my Samsung 4 to my laptop?
I have a Samsung G4, and the software is not working properly. So I received a new phone and wanted to transfer my pictures to my laptop. I have read several "How to's" and always worry about the software they recommend you download before proceeding. Any advice?
The software Samsung KIES link comes directly from the Samsung website. You are not downloading from a third party site when you install Kies. There is nothing to worry about as far as viruses or security risks.
Nothing seems to work as the guide says?
I can't seem to find the correct file on the phone to see the 520 pictures to move. I have tried: Developer mode is on. I can see the phone from my laptop but can't find the pictures. DCIM only has about 7 pictures. I think it was caused by: No clue
Kies should pick up everything on the phone. Go into your photos and back them up with Google Photos. See what appears when you do this. Perhaps your SD card is corrupted and that is why Kies is not finding it when you connect the phone to the PC.
Retrieve date from a working phone with a broken screen (touch still works but screen is black)?
Hi, I have a Samsung S4 (I'm not sure), but the screen broke down. It is still on and working. Luckily I remember how to connect it to a PC for pictures and stuff, but this very important stuff like all my contacts, agenda, are still on my phone and not on the SIM card. (I travel a lot, I discard more SIM cards than phones). Never backed it up, never thought of it. Now I got a new phone from a friend of mine, Samsung S4 mini. Is there a program I can run from my laptop to retrieve that info from my broken screen one?
ADB tools may be able to get that information. You should also check your Google Account because if you ever synced with your Google Account then the contacts and other items should be in there. Also if you did this previously, when you log in on your new device into your Google Account and select Sync, items will appear from the account.
I WANT TO TRANSFER PHOTOS FROM MY S4 TO MY PC. There must be a way that this can be done through the charging cord?
When I plug in the phone to the PC it just starts charging and I don't get the window allowing me to do the transfer. Is there any way to transfer the photos besides emailing them? I don't get a screen on my PC to facilitate the transfer. I am rybbubg windows 10
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.