Download PSP Games Supported in Windows XP
Edited by Nerissa Avisado, Eng, Lynn, Charmed and 1 other
Released in 2004, the Playstation Portable (PSP) was originally Sony's tour de force in handheld gaming. The graphics and processing power for this handheld device rivaled even that of the PlayStation 2. This proved to be more of a threat than Nintendo anticipated. At that time, Nintendo was the king of portable gaming. Popular franchises such as the Final Fantasy series, Tekken, and more original independent games such as Patapon, Lumines gave the PSP a big advantage over Nintendo. Years later, the PSP would be succeeded by the PS Vita, which goes to show when it comes to handheld devices, Sony can definitely hold its own. The PSP's legacy is undeniable, and has changed the portable gaming landscape, and probably will for years to come.
Unfortunately for the device itself, time has determined that many people find the general configuration of the controls bewildering. The awkwardly placed left analog stick blistered the thumbs of thousands of gamers, forcing them to look for alternative solutions to play their PSP classics. Luckily, a solution was found, and almost a decade after its initial release, it is now possible to play PSP games on a PC, with a minimum OS requirement of Windows XP to run them.
So how do you download PSP games for Windows XP? Below are a few tips on how to download them:
Downloading from a PSP
Note: Make sure that Custom Firmware for PSP is installed before proceeding. This can be found online, and the firmware required may depend on your PSP model.
Downloading from UMD
For Digital Downloads
- 1Download and install the latest version of PSN Decrypter.Advertisement
- 2Connect your Playstation Portable to your PC with the prescribed USB cable.Advertisement
- 3On your PSP, go into USB mode.
- 4Go to the folder "PSP/GAME". There should be folders there for your games, labeled by their serial numbers.
- 5Copy and paste the "EBOOT file" found in your game folders. With PSN Decrypter installed, this should automatically be converted into an .ISO file.
Please note that an emulator is required to be able to play these games. You can download the emulator HERE. This requires a separate installation, but this should allow you to run games on your Windows XP PC, provided your PC meets the necessary hardware requirements.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Make sure to properly install Custom Firmware, and follow the instructions carefully, as a wrong step may brick your PSP, leaving it unable to boot up.
- The .ISO files can be compressed into .CSO files to save space. This can be done with other tools that can be found online.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Charmed, Lynn, Eng