Do a Bow on Your Ponytail Step by Step
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Eng, Nuance, VC
How would you like a different hairstyle for your lovely long hair that is the latest trend, looks appropriate and beautiful for any occasion, and will turn heads? You will get compliments with this stylistic work of art where ever you go. Make a bow in your ponytail that is not your typical, everyday ribbon, but is your own lovely long hair.
How to Create a Bow For Your Ponytail
You won't need costly supplies, or a lot of time to create this crowning masterpiece.
What You'll Need
- Hair that's longer than shoulder-length.
- Straight hair is more desirable for this style than wavy or curly hair.
- A can of hair spray or hair gel.
- A few bobby pins.
- A hair elastic hair tie.
Now you're ready to create an adorable bow in that pony tail in about three minutes at most. So, gather those items, have a seat, and make a pretty ponytail bow.
How to Make a Hair Bow
You will be instructed how to create your choice of a pretty large bow, a cute small bow with curls, or an attractive bow on each side below
- 1You longer than shoulder-length hair should be freshly shampooed and conditioned.Advertisement
- Brush it to remove snags and tangles.
- Make sure you hair is completely dry - either blow dry it or let it dry naturally.
This will make it possible to arrange the small sections of hair needed to fluff out for your bow.
- 1With all your hair loosely together at one side, just secure it a few inches from your head with a small hair elastic for a side ponytail bow.
- 2Gather a one-inch section of hair from the top, and put a little gel on it to control any frizzes.Advertisement
- 3A few inches below the first hair elastic, put another small hair elastic on the one-inch piece of hair. Keep the first hair elastic in place.
- 4Fold the one-inch section of hair over about three inches to one side. Now use the hair elastic to hold it in place.
- 5Take another one-inch section of hair, put a dab of gel along it, and fold it to the other side. Twist the hair elastic that you used for the other fold, and wrap the other side of the twisted hair elastic around the other one-inch piece. While checking in your mirror, arrange it so that your bow looks symmetrical and smooth.
- 6Take about a half-inch section of your loose pony tail, and wrap it over the center of your bow. Secure it with a bobby pin.
- 8For the rest of your ponytail, you have the option of making two banana curls for a unique style as "ribbons" for your ponytail bow. Apply hairspray to your eye-catching hair bow and ribbons to preserve your masterpiece.
- 9You may also want a ponytail on both sides. Follow the same procedure as above. You can have a hair bow and "curly ribbons" within ten minutes!
- 10Follow the same procedure for small hair bows. Just fold over one-inch sections of hair rather than the three-inch sections, to make cute tiny bows. The tiny bows will require a bit more dexterity, so for this you may need another person to assist you.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Nuance, Eng, Jerry Rivers