Do a Basic Check-up When Your Car Won't Start
Edited by Maria Quinney, Alma, Eng
What will you do if you get stuck in the middle of the road or you have to go somewhere and there is no one else with you, then you find out that your car won't start, it is very troublesome specially if you need to be somewhere and you have to wait for help or a repair person to arrive, you can try or do basic check-up on your own while you are waiting. You might not even have to wait and make your car work by doing a basic check-up.
Even if you are not so good in repairs or technical jargon when it comes to cars or any transportation it is always better to be prepared and be equipped of the tools that are needed for your car.
Check When Your Car Won't Start
When your car won't start and the starter motor does not turn on:
- 1If your card model has an automatic transmission, check the selector and make sure that it is in P or N position.Advertisement
- 2Open your car's hood and check the battery terminals, make sure that it is clean and tight.Advertisement
- 3Then try to switch on the headlights and then try to start your car engine. If your car headlights are very dim when you're trying to start, it is possible that the battery of your car has a problem, in this case it is recommended to perform a 'jump start'.
When your car won't start even if the motor starter is normal:
- 1Check your tank if there is fuel
- 2Check your fuel gauge if it is faulty
- 3Check if there's moisture on your electrical components under the car hood, if there is a turn of the ignition then wipe it with a dry cloth.
- 4Spray water dispersant on ignition and fuel system electrical connectors. (Make sure the ignition is off when you do this)
- 5Check the ignition coil, DIS coil wiring connector and HT leads.
There is no user reviews.
Categories : Automotive
Recent edits by: Alma, Maria Quinney