Do Intermittent Fasting for Fat Loss
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Maria Quinney, VC
I would like to thank Radu Antoniu for the awesome video on How to do Intermittent Fasting for Fat Loss. I organized it into a wiki for anyone with a hearing impairment, or for those who just prefer to read the steps. Hope you enjoy it. :) I have not had breakfast in more than 2 years. It's not that I don't like breakfast foods. I love them. I just found it much easier to get and stay lean if I don't eat in the morning. Let me explain why.
- 6We might then end it up with the 6 main benefits that you get out of Intermittent Fasting.
- You get better hunger control because of the fasting period.
- It's harder for you to overeat because you have that eating window. It's only a few hours long so you actually minimize cheating.
- You have more calories for each meal which mean you can cook or buy more satisfying meals.
- You spend less time in preparing and eating food which means that you are more productive.
- You can save enough calories for the evening meal to allow eating out so you keep your social life balanced.
- You eliminate the need for cheat meals. You can make your meal so large that it actually feel like cheat meals.
- 8Don't eat for four to six hours after waking up. Most people would recommend that this eating window for Intermittent Fasting but I believe that this is unnecessary. To get all the benefits, you just need to get your first meal later in the day.
- Drink a few tall glasses of water and a cup of coffee during that fast. This is to block to your appetite. Sparkling water is actually superior to tap water because it fills you up a little. The coffee without sugar or milk is a very powerful appetite suppressant. This combination makes fasting effortless.
- Have 2 or 3 meals in the second part of the day. This is what we call as the feeding window.
- I recommend using anyone of these 3 templates that I put on the screen. Personally, I use template 1 the most but all of them are great.
- Experiment and see how you like to spread your macros for each meal
- 14What's important though is that if you train, you have a meal right after it. If you workout early in the morning, I don't actually commend that you delay your post-workout meal after lunch. Quick research suggests that you compromise the rate of muscle builds a little. It is not that much but we don't want to make any compromises.
- 21Again, you are free to use whatever diet that you like. I just think that Intermittent Fasting is a great choice.
Video: Do Intermittent Fasting for Fat Loss
Categories : Weight Loss
Recent edits by: Maria Quinney, Eng, Leomar Umpad