Do Caviar Nails at Home
Edited by Kara, MsBarbs, Eng
Hi, you are watching VisiHow. My name is Kara. In this video, I will teach you how to do the caviar now design. This is a new thing in the fashion industry and it is very popular. The coming year will be all about the caviar nail design. Of course, you can go haute-culture hundreds of dollars nail polish, which already has the caviar pieces inside, but I am going to do an economic version of it. I have here a Korean set of caviar beads inside these little bottles. I think today that I would like to go with a red color. This set is very inexpensive. It comes with six colors, the glue, a wooden applicator, and a nail file.
- 2Apply a base to your fingernails. I am going to apply a burgundy nail polish as a base. It is a little bit glossy but not too much. This base coat will serve as an undertone. This is the type of nail design that you should expect to see in fashion shows and on celebrities in the coming year. We can get the same look at home by ourselves. This look is trending these days. I can do one layer of caviar or I can go with a darker tone. It is up to me; personally, I chose the darker polish because if I went with a lighter color the caviar might not have shown up well. As you can see, they are lighter than the nail polish and should show up well. I am going to apply two layer of nail polish so that there will be a deeper burgundy color. I think all of my friends will be amazed today. This is literally a 'wow thing'. Caviar has always been a symbol of luxury as only the wealthy were able to afford to eat caviar. OK, the base is done. Let's wait for it to dry and don't forget to close your fingernail polish in the meantime otherwise it may dry out.Advertisement
- 3Remove any fingernail polish that may have gotten onto your skin. While my fingernails are drying, I am going to clean up the edges and remove any polish that has gotten onto my fingers. To do this I am going to apply a little bit of acetone to a Q-tip and wipe gently and carefully around each nail. Oh, my! I just messed up my nail. That is OK it happens, we will remove the nail polish and reapply. Continue cleaning the edges with the Q-tip. When the Q-tip is completely soaked with the fingernail polish remover you may find that you do not have to push as hard as you would when it is dryer.
- 4Apply glue to your fingernail. When you fingernails are dry you can go ahead and begin the process of applying the beads. You need to take the glue from the pack as well as the wooden applicator. As you can see, the glue is closed, so I will open the glue bottle with scissors. If you remember, I did not dump all the caviar beads onto the saucer. I do not know how much is required and I am sure it is next to impossible to get the beads back into the container once they are out. I am going to put a napkin under my hand just in case some glue falls onto the table. I am going to apply a small amount of glue to my fingernail.
- 5Spread the glue out. Once the glue is on the fingernail, I am going to spread it out carefully with the wooden applicator tool. You want to make sure the glue covers the entire fingernail. Actually, I am going to use a sponge to wipe the glue all over my fingernails. Just take a kitchen sponge and cut a small corner off to use as a glue applicator.
- 7Dab the finger onto the fingernail where you applied the glue. Press down as hard as you can to make sure that none of the caviar pieces fall off. This also helps to make sure that they all get well glued onto your fingernail. The pieces are sitting firmly and I like it. So, we will repeat the process with my other fingers.
- 14So, I am finished, thank you for watching VisiHow. My name is Kara. If you have any questions on makeup, beauty, or nail design, please leave your comments in the section below. Thank you and bye-bye.
Video: Do Caviar Nails at Home
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Kara