Disconnect Galaxy Gear to Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Alma and 3 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Why Disconnect?
- 3 Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using the Gear Manager
- 4 Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using Bluetooth
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 6 Comments
- 7 User Reviews
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy Note3. You can visit the main reference of the article on how to Use Samsung Galaxy Note 3 for a full list of Note3 VisiHow Articles
The Galaxy Gear is an awesome device when connected to your Galaxy Note3, however, there will be times when you prefer not to connect both devices. This article will discuss two procedures for disconnecting your Samsung Galaxy Note3 from your Galaxy Gear.
For such an awesome device, you may be wondering why there is any need to disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3. These are the reasons you might want to end the connection between these two great devices.
- 1Saves battery. Connection between your Note3 and Galaxy Gear is through Bluetooth communication. Turning on Bluetooth even if you are not using the Galaxy Gear for phone functions, will unnecessarily use a large chunk of the battery juice from both of your devices. If there is no need to connect them, make sure that you disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3. This will ensure longer life-before-charging for both your devices, especially when you are travelling for many hours and you are unable to charge either of your devices.Advertisement
- 2Allows you to connect to a new device. Galaxy Note3 only allows one Gear connection at a time. This is to ensure no conflicting commands will go to the Note3 from two or more different Galaxy Gears. If you want to connect a new Galaxy Gear to your Note3, you need to disconnect the currently connected device to give way to a new Galaxy Gear device.Advertisement
- 3There is a problem with the connection. Whenever you have a problem controlling the phone from your Galaxy Gear, or you have connection problems between your two devices, disconnecting and connecting them again can help. Disconnecting an erratic connection will refresh both devices to allow a new and possibly better connection.
Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using the Gear Manager
The following procedures will disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3 using the Gear Manager app:
- 7You have successfully ended the connection between your Note3 and your Galaxy Gear.
Disconnect Galaxy Gear from Note3 using Bluetooth
The following procedures will disconnect your Galaxy Gear from your Note3 using the Mobile Device Bluetooth:
- 1Go to your home screen. There are different ways of going to your home screen. You can either tap on the "Home" key once or tap the "Back" key a couple of times until you are taken to the home screen.
Questions and Answers
Galaxy Note3 is unable to communicate with Galaxy gear.
My watch worked when I had it paired with my 3phone. Now that I have my new phone, the gear will not communicate. Please help?
In order to pair the Galaxy Gear watch with your device, you are going to need to connect the two devices using NFC rather than using the Bluetooth feature, which you used on your iPhone device.
- 1Take your Galaxy Gear watch out of the casing.
- 2Activate the NFC feature on both devices then place both devices back to back to pair them together.
- 3Once both devices are paired you will be able to use the device.
Can I connect gear with the mega?
I am trying to connect a gear with a mega. It connects, and then disconnects.
The process is the same as connecting with other devices. However, you need to check whether you have downloaded the right apps for both devices in order for them to be able to correctly detect each other.
There is no user reviews.