Disable Visual Voicemail on Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Geraldin Carniyan, Lynn, Eng, Leomar Umpad and 16 others
Visual voicemail is a feature provided by mobile carriers that allow users to check their voicemail without dialing their voicemail number. Once a call goes to voicemail, the user receives a notification in the form of a text message. Visual voicemail has its own inbox where you can view, delete and archive new messages, like your SMS messages.
Because Visual voicemail is a mobile carrier provided service, the activation steps will differ from provider to provider. We've compiled a list of links (North America) to help guide you to the correct instructions based on your device's carrier. To be sure, contact your mobile service provider and ask about setting up visual voicemail.
If your mobile carrier is not listed above, perform the following (or similar) search on your search engine of choice:
Visual voicemail Samsung 'name_of_your_carrier_here
- 1 Setting up Visual Voicemail
- 2 Accessing Visual voicemail
- 3 Turning off Visual Voicemail
- 4 Disabling Visual Voicemail using the Application Manager
- 5 Tips Tricks & Warnings
6 Questions and Answers
- 6.1 Could not find a screen that says "Personalize now".
- 6.2 When I pull it up on application manager it does not have the option to disable, only force stop. What can I do?
- 6.3 How do I unsubscribe from Visual Voicemail? There is a .00 monthly charge for the Voicemail to Text and I want to get it off my phone. How do I do that?
- 6.4 How do I turn voicemail back on?
- 6.5 Hello and Thank you. When I go to voicemail it says checking subscription status. How do I remove that?
- 6.6 It is not a Galaxy 4, it is a Galaxy S6 Edge plus, once the T-Mobile visual mail trial all notifications for VM stop?
- 6.7 My mum has a Samsung Galaxy Mini S4. She wants to set off the voicemail setting in her phone; I am trying to help her, but I don't understand how. I have Samsung Galaxy S3; it is a bit different in settings than hers.
- 7 Comments
- 8 User Reviews
Setting up Visual Voicemail
The following steps may not work for your device/carrier. If you did not find your provider in the links above, please contact your mobile carrier and ask about visual voicemail.
- 3This will automatically dial your voicemail. Follow the prompts to set up your voicemail. Enter your password, record your name and greeting, and once the instructions are done, hang up. If you are subscribed to Visual Voicemail or have the application installed on your phone, you will now be given the notifications via a text message when a new voicemail comes in.
Accessing Visual voicemail
Turning off Visual Voicemail
Disabling Visual Voicemail using the Application Manager
You can disable Visual Voicemail using your Application Manager. You may want to use this procedure when you think you won't be using Visual Voicemail for a while. Disabling applications using the Application Manager will remove them from the Application menu. Thus, you will not be able to open and access this app unless you enable it and put it back on the menu. Follow these procedures to disable your Visual Voicemail.
- 4While in the Application manager, swipe to select "ALL".
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Reminder: Visual voicemail may cost you extra, depending on your mobile carrier. You can either subscribe to the service with them or download it as an extra application. It is advisable to contact your mobile provider for the best advice.
- For the best most up-to-date information on visual voicemail please contact your mobile service provider.
Questions and Answers
Could not find a screen that says "Personalize now".
Visual Voicemail is an application offered by a network provider, so different providers have different user interfaces. Usually, you can personalize any application in the Settings, which can be accessed through tapping on the Menu key.
Some mobile carriers require an activation before you can use Visual Voicemail. If this is the case, call your customer service representative to ask for the right settings.
You can personalize your voicemail by performing the following steps:
1. Go to voicemail.
2. Tap on the menu button.
3. Tap on settings.
4. Tap on Personalize Voicemail to personalize your voicemail effectively.
When I pull it up on application manager it does not have the option to disable, only force stop. What can I do?
How to disable visual voicemail on the S4
You can do the following to disable Visual Voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Tap Voicemail app.
- Tap Menu button.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Choose how you will be notified.
If you wish to completely remove notifications or voice mail, you will need to contact your carrier.
How do I unsubscribe from Visual Voicemail? There is a .00 monthly charge for the Voicemail to Text and I want to get it off my phone. How do I do that?
I have looked everywhere in my phone, Samsung Galaxy 6 and there is NO ICON for Visual Voicemail, NO APP for Voicemail to Text. . How do I unsubscribe from Visual Voicemail? Please help.
Contact your Service provider and inquire about visual voicemail as this is a service controlled by your carrier.
How do I turn voicemail back on?
I want to re-enable the app. How do I turn voicemail back on?
Remember, a voice mail feature always depends on your plan and on your carrier. Make sure you have the access to do this. To turn your voice mail on, you will just need to press and hold "1" on your dialer app. If dialing one does not turn it on, you better contact your carrier to find out the number to dial to enable your voice mail.
Hello and Thank you. When I go to voicemail it says checking subscription status. How do I remove that?
I want to remove this from my phone
You would have to resolve this with your service provider. That usually comes out when your phone service does not include a provision for voicemail. In most cases, voicemail should not change your phone plan, but there are still some service providers who may charge extra for this service.
It is not a Galaxy 4, it is a Galaxy S6 Edge plus, once the T-Mobile visual mail trial all notifications for VM stop?
Voicemail... Galaxy S6 Edge plus, notification stopped after trial of visual voicemail ended. I don't want visual voicemail, I just want something to notify me of VM visually
To turn basic voicemail notifications on or off you have to sign into your voicemail account. Typically, this involves calling a number (usually your own number) and entering a password, depending on your provider. Once signed in, listen to the menu options and choose the one for notifications. Listen and follow the instructions on turning notifications on or off.
My mum has a Samsung Galaxy Mini S4. She wants to set off the voicemail setting in her phone; I am trying to help her, but I don't understand how. I have Samsung Galaxy S3; it is a bit different in settings than hers.
Every time there is a phone call for her, it is cut by the voicemail very quickly before she can pick it up, and then she got this message stating that she has one message in voicemail. She uses Vodafone at the moment. It is her first use of a smartphone, so it is a bit annoying her, really. Would you help me here? Many thanks!
To change voicemail settings you need to login to the voicemail account by dialing a dedicated number (usually your own number) and entering a password. Once inside the voicemail main menu, you can choose from a variety of options, including how many rings before it goes to voicemail.
There is no user reviews.