Diminish Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Edited by Debbie, Timbuktu, Monika, Donna and 2 others
How depressing it can be as we grow a little older, and we see those little lines and crevices showing on different areas of our face! Thank goodness, we can take steps to reduce or prevent them from getting more noticeable. Many women spends thousands of dollars each year caring for their skin and getting expensive face lifts and microdermabrasion treatments. Women spend well over $3000 a year for skin care products. What are some important things we can do to take care of our skin?
Skin Care Guidelines
1. Be Sure to Eat Healthy Foods. The foods that you eat are very important for a healthy complexion. Vegetables and fruits are a must. They contain antioxidants that can help our skin reduce signs of aging. Tomatoes, sweet potatoes, strawberries, blueberries and plums are very good for the skin. Meats such as tuna and salmon, oils such as canola, with fatty acids are good too.
2. Make Sure You Get a Good Night's Sleep. When we do not get enough sleep, we have bags and circles under our eyes. Our skin can not look as vibrant as it does when we are well rested.
3. Stay Out Of The Sun. UV rays can damage our skin, and many people have ended up with cancer that get too much sun.
4. Don't Smoke. Research has shown that tobacco smoke can damage tissues that help us to have nice looking skin.
5. Reduce Your Sugar Intake. Studies have shown that sugar is not good for the skin. It can age the skin, and even cause redness and irritation.
6. Take Vitamin C. It combats free radicals that damage our skin, and speeds up the collagen process.
7. Use a Good Facial Cleanser. We have dead skin cells that need removed on our face. This is why our skin can appear dull and dry looking. Did you ever notice when you peel an onion, the outer part is dry, but when you take the outer layer off, the inside is smooth and shiny? This is what happens when we use a cleanser. There are gritty particles inside the cream that slough off those dry areas, and make our skin softer and nice looking.
8. Make Sure You Drink Water. This is vital to get rid of bad toxins in our body, and it helps to have clearer looking skin.
HomeMade Skin Remedies
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- Mix, and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse. Make sure you do this at least one time during the morning or evening hours.
- Spread the juice on your face and neck, and leave it on for 5 minutes. Then, rinse with warm water. This increases the level of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) in the skin, that combats the aging process.
- 2 eggs (separate them)
- two small drops of coconut oil
- Mix, and put on your face and let dry. Let it on for about 5 minutes. Rinse off. This will help preserve the firmness of your skin and reduce the signs of aging.
- Slice a few pieces of cucumber, and put in a food processor. Set on Puree, when done, smooth the pulp over your face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse.
- Castor oil, and olive oil is good for your complexion, and can be applied to the face also, just be careful not to get it into your eyes.
So here are some great ways to make your skin beautiful, without the hassle of spending huge amounts of money to look good.
- Be sure to have a skin care routine everyday.
- Ask your dermatologist for help with skin care concerns.
- Exercise and take good care of your body.
Questions and Answers
Does canola oil diminish fine lines?
Is canola as good for the skin wrinkles as coconut oil.. I have tried: I have tried olive oil to smooth out my wrinkles.. I think it was caused by: Canola oil is cheaper than olive oil and I was wondering if it could be effective for wrinkles too.
Yes. Canola oil possesses the following cosmetic properties:
- it is good for dry and sensitive skin;
- it accelerates skin regeneration for small damages;
- smooths out skin defects (roughness and small scars);
- increases elasticity and resilience of the skin;
- removes inflammation or irritation.
It is recommended to mix canola oil with almond, peach, or apricot oil with the ratio of no more than 1:2.
Erucic acid content in canola oil is 5% or less; this acid helps to diminish fine lines. Coconut oil contains mainly lauric and myristic acids. When cosmetologists recommend using refined coconut oil, it is conditioned by the fact of ease of usage of the product. Coconut oil, just like canola oil, helps to soothe and smooth the skin, making it silky. Olive oil is costlier, but its advantages over canola oil are still a moot question. If your goal is diminishing wrinkles and your are on a tight budget, buy canola oil and keep using it. If you have some budget for experiments, alternate products, for example, monthly.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Eng, Donna, Monika