Delete data on the Samsung Galaxy Advance i9070
Edited by Jerry Rivers, Maria Quinney, Lynn, Reema and 10 others
To delete data from your Samsung Galaxy Advance i9070 requires a different procedure for each type of data. To delete a photo in your photo album, you simply need a long press of your finger touching the photo that you want to disappear. The procedure for removing four other types of files (browsing data, email configuration, widgets from your main menu, and all data) will be given below.
- 1 How to clear all of your browsing and cookies data
- 2 How to delete your email configuration
- 3 How to delete your email configuration on the Galaxy Advance S i9070
- 4 How to delete an application on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070
- 5 To delete all files requires a Hard Reset
- 6 Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 7 Questions and Answers
- 8 Comments
How to clear all of your browsing and cookies data
If you suddenly find it takes longer to load websites from the internet on your Galaxy Advance, the cause may be your browser. If your browser is full of data, it will slow down navigation from site to site. It keeps all of your information temporarily in your Galaxy browser memory. Data is stored in the cache and cookies. If you use internet from your phone's browser, various data such as cache and cookies are stored temporarily in the memory which may make your browser slow. Follow these instructions to clear browser data.
- 1To clear all of your browsing data:
- From the home screen, open the browser.
- Tap your "Menu" key.
- Press "More".
- Scroll to "Settings".
- Tap "Clear cache".
- Tap "OK".
- Select "Exit".
- 2If you had a website open before you cleared your browser, tap the "Return" key.
- 3If you desire to go back to "Standby", press the "Home" key.
- 4Your Galaxy Advance will be able to retrieve data from there more quickly, and you will have better browsing speed again.Your browser will now save website titles once again in the cache.
Clearing cookies from temporary files storage will also help speed up website navigation. You've probably seen "cookies" mentioned at times on the internet. It's merely information from a website that is saved by the internet provider (ISP) to automatically bring up certain data, or similar data, that you have used in the past. It adapts to the preferences that you have used so that you can access them more quickly in the future. However, if you have many cookies in your cache, it will slow down your Galaxy's web browsing, too.
- 1To clear all of your cookie data on your browser:
- From the home screen, open the browser.
- Tap the "Menu" key to view all selection options.
- Scroll and find "Settings".
- Tap "Privacy & Security".
- Now select "Clear Cookies".
- Tap "OK".
- Now you are ready to exit. By clearing all temporary files, such as a list of websites and cookies, your navigation around the internet should be more efficient. #This should be done periodically when you have a long list of items in your cache. To go back to a web page after the clearing, just press the "Return" key; press the "Home" key for standby.
How to delete your email configuration
It is possible that if you suddenly have difficulty sending and/or receiving messages via email, your Galaxy Advance may need a new configuration. First, you must delete the old configuration, however. Follow these steps to delete the email configuration. Then re-configure your email setting for swifter email messages once again.
How to delete your email configuration on the Galaxy Advance S i9070
- 1On your home screen menu, you will find "Access Point Names" (APN) with these steps:
- Tap the "Applications" icon in the lower right corner of your screen. It looks like a small square blue and white window pane.
- Tap "Settings" in the upper right corner. The icon looks like a gear, and it is below the calendar icon.
- Tap "Wireless and Network" at the top of the Settings menu.
- Tap "Mobile Networks" at the bottom of this menu.
- Tap "Access Point Names" in the center of the menu.
- Touch "Vodafone Mail". It's the middle option.
- Press the "Menu" key at the bottom left corner of your Galaxy Advance mobile device. It is next to your "Home" key.
- Tap "Delete APN". The icon looks like a garbage can, and is in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Now press your "Home" key at the bottom center of your device for standby mode.
- Tap "Applications" once again on your home screen menu.
- Tap the "Email" icon. It is in the lower left area of this Apps menu screen, and looks like a white envelope with a rose on it.
- Press and hold the correct email account from the email options on the menu. In a few seconds, a menu will appear.
- Tap "Delete account" at the bottom of the menu choices.
- A Delete menu will appear with two choices: "Delete" and "Cancel". Tap "Delete" to ensure that the email account is deleted. This will remove all email data.
- You now have deleted your email configuration on the Galaxy S Advance i9070.
- Now you can exit. If you want to go to standby mode, press your "Home" key.
You are ready now to re-configure your email account on your Galaxy Advance. You can configure your Galaxy Advance for email from a popular internet provider, such as Gmail or Yahoo. You must create an account, if you do not already have one, at the home website of your provider. If you want a POP3 email account, you will have a different procedure to follow.
How to delete an application on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070
If you wish to delete an application that you have installed from the main menu, it only takes a couple easy steps.
- 1On the main menu screen, touch and hold the icon for the application for three or four seconds to remove.
- 2Next, you can drag it to "Remove".
- 3Your item is now deleted.
To delete all files requires a Hard Reset
If, for any reason, you must delete all of your files, you must perform a Hard Reset. This will permanently remove all data. This is a procedure that must be done if you forget your password, or screen lock combination. To perform a Hard Reset on your Galaxy Advance:
- 1Press the Volume up, Home, and Power buttons at the same time and hold for a few seconds.
- 2Once the Samsung icon appears, release the buttons.
- 3Use your Volume keys to bring up "Wipe data/Factory Reset", and then choose it by pressing the "Power" button.
- 4Go to "Yes", using your Volume keys, and select it with the "Power" button.
- 5Tap "Reboot".
Hopefully, among these procedures is the data deletion process you need to remove desired data from your Galaxy S i9070. Note the tip below.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Note that if you want to delete an application that was installed by Samsung into your Galaxy (core app), you will have to perform a "root". This is a process that is not endorsed by Samsung, and your warranty will be voided if you perform a root.
Questions and Answers
I am used Samsung Galaxy advance. I want to delete call message history help me please?
I want to delete call and messages history on my mobile.
To delete all of your call history on your phone, please do the following.
- On your Apps list, locate and open "Phone" app.
- Tap on "Logs" tab.
- Tap "menu Key".
- Tap on "Delete"
- Mark the "Select All" icon or the logs you want to delete.
- Once you are done selecting the call history you want to delete, tap on "Delete".
- That's it.
Then to delete your messages, please do the following.
- Open your Apps list then select "Messages".
- Tap and hold the message you want to delete.
- On the options that will appear, choose delete, then tap on Yes.
- That's it.
All my contacts are deleted. How to receive the data for i9070?
All my data are deleted. How to receive the data for the Samsung i9070 mobile.
You will need to synchronize your device with your Google account.
- 1Ensure that your phone has a data plan or is connected to a WiFi network.
- 2Press the home button.
- 3Tap on "Apps".
- 4Tap on "Settings".
- 5Tap on "Accounts".
- 6Tap on "Add account".
- 7This will add a Google account to your phone.Tap on "Google".
- 8Tap on "Existing".
- 9The contacts will be back to your phone.Enter your Google account credentials and the phone will be synchronized with the Google servers.
If you are using another Google account on the phone, then follow the instructions below.
- 2Please notice that you may need to sign out of Google by clicking your image in the upper-right corner and selecting "Sign out" if you are using a new account in the browser.
- 3Then, you will need to sign in with your old credentials.
- 4Then, you can either enter the data into your phone from the web page.
- 5Alternatively, click the "Export" function.
- 6Log out.
Device slow, too much cache? 000000000?
Is there a way I can speed up certain processes such as accessing photos or mail? Thank you
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.