Darken Your Hair Naturally With Coffee
Edited by MsBarbs, Eng, Inukshuk, tabu
I would like to thank ThriveHappy for the awesome video on darkening your hair naturally with coffee. I organized it into a wiki for anyone with a hearing impairment, or for those who just prefer to read the steps. Hope you enjoy it. :)
This is going to be about how you can darken your hair without dyes or adding chemicals to your hair by using natural products. The recipe, which I got from an old issue of Seventeen Magazine, uses coffee. I've done it before and it worked well so I thought why not share it? Coffee is said to intensify darker hair shades and increase shine when hair is soaked in it leaving a rich dimensional color.
- 1This is the first thing you are going to want to do. It really doesn't matter what kind you use as long as it is black and unflavored. Let it cool completely. This is really important because you do not want to be putting hot coffee all over your head. That would be terrible.Brew some coffee.Advertisement
- 2I am going to be using this container, because it has a good spout and is easy to use. There is no exact amount as to how much coffee to use as it is dependent upon the length and thickness of your hair. If you really want to make sure your hair gets darker, why not soak it in the coffee as much as you can?Once the coffee has cooled completely, pour it into a bottle that will be easy for you to use to apply the coffee to your hair.Advertisement
- 4I have a lot of hair. This next part can be really tricky. The first time I did it my mom actually helped me. You also want to find a good place to set up like where you get your hair washed if you get a haircut or something and you kind of rest your head over the sink, or if you do it over your bathtub, or over your shower, or whatever works so that when you pour the coffee through it the coffee goes into the drain. You may want to have a friend, parent, sibling or someone help you because it is easier. It is possible to do it yourself. I'm not actually doing it, but if I were to do it, and let's say I have the coffee in my hair.You want to pour the coffee onto dry hair.
- 8After you wait for 30 minutes, you are going to rinse the coffee off of your hair. You shower, shampoo your hair, and sometimes there may be little grits from the coffee grinds still in your hair. It may take several washes to get them out. I had them in mine and they completely washed out by the end of the second time I washed my hair. So, it was totally fine. Your hair might smell like coffee, but I don't really mind it. I don't think it was really that bad and it'll wash out after a couple of washes. So, yeah, after you're done take off your shower cap, wash your hair, just hop in the shower, rinse it out, dry it, and voila!Rinse.
- 9I even got people coming up to me like "Wow, your hair looks darker." Or like "Your hair looks different." Numerous people, even boys came up to me and said something. When boys notice that your hair is different I think that's a sign that it really is different. I just want to say that this works best for already brown hair. If you already have brown shades in your hair it's going to take that color and make it even deeper and darker. I had a friend who tried to do it, she has blond hair, and it didn't work for her. So, I don't know, I'm not saying don't do it if you don't have blond hair, but go ahead and try it. I don't know if it will work, but let me know if it works or if it doesn't work. I'd be really happy to know. It's really great because after summer time your hair has been exposed to a lot of sun and I know for me I get a lot of blond highlights in my hair. The sun just does that and I hate them. My mom gets really mad at me. I hate them, so this is a really great time to do it. Especially now, if you want your hair darker for fall. It's really great, and it's just going to fade away. It's more like a stain I would say because it's not like permanent hair color where your roots will show as your hair grows out. This is going to fade and your color is going to change over time. I would say this is a really great thing to do if you want to experiment with darker hair but you don't want to go all the way and dye it. It's just a great idea.So, that was what worked for me, that's exactly how I did it and it worked wonders for me.
Video: Darken Your Hair Naturally With Coffee
Questions and Answers
I have grey hair. Can I use rice water to darken it?
Can I darken my grey hair with rice water?. I have tried: Salon dyes. I think it was caused by: Age
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: Inukshuk, Eng, MsBarbs