Cut Cable Costs and Save Money
Edited by Debbie, Maria Quinney, Ermin, Lynn and 2 others
Remember when people watched television many years back and they were content with watching two or three channels? Some people didn't even have a television to watch, and they were happy with just listening to the radio or playing a few games. Things are so different today! Now people have over 100 channels to choose from, and sometimes they are still not happy! They go from channel to channel and it seems they can't find anything they are interested in to watch. Of course, this leads to being unhappy with the cable prices they have to pay.
If you choose to keep your cable, and that is perfectly fine, you can always call your cable company and ask them if they have any special promotions where you can pay a cheaper rate, or just ask them how you can save on your cable bill. With the new generation, everything is high-tech and the prices can be lower if you are practical and want to pay less. Below are some helpful ways on how you can cut cable costs and save money:
Helpful Ways to Cut Cable Costs and Save Money:
- 1Go for a DVD Movie Company. You can receive DVD movies through the mail at a reasonable cost every month. There are also stores that sell DVD movies and you can buy as many as you want. This can help cut cable costs and you can save money, too.Advertisement
- 2Watch free movies and shows online. There are a lot of websites on which you can watch movies for free and even download from them. You can search on Google and find a list of websites where you can watch without paying. As a matter of fact, some of the latest movies are even posted on some websites with clearer video and audio.Advertisement
- 3Get bundled services. You can apply a bundled service with all-in-one internet, cable, and telephone. This is a money-saver because you do not have to pay each bill individually. Make sure that when you choose a bundled service, you can afford to pay it monthly. Also, make sure that you will make use all services offer in a package so that you will not waste your money paying monthly for something you don't need.
- 4Get a Tablet. Many people are using tablets because they can watch movies online on YouTube. Some software is already built in the Tablet and users can watch movies whenever they want to. They can also bring them anywhere they go, as long as there is a WiFi hotspot, and can watch movies and TV shows. In this case, you can cut cable costs and save money.
- 5Switch to Satellite TV. You can sometimes get all channels at a lower price through a satellite TV provider. Some companies offer satellite TV that only costs $19.99 per month. This is a lot cheaper than paying more than $40 a month! In addition, you can watch your favorite local shows and channels.
- 6Buy an antenna. If you have many TVs at home - one in the guest room, in the kitchen and living room, and some in the bedrooms - to reduce your cable costs, you can hook an antenna up to these TVs and you and others in your home (visitors and family members) can still watch some local channels. There may be only limited channels that you can get from it, but it can reduce your cable bills.
- 7Turn the TV off, and other equipment you have, when not in use. You can turn off all your cable receivers, such as DVRs and other related devices when not in use. An expert says that you can save more than $40 a year in electricity per cable box by turning them off.
- 8Get a subscription to reliable movie websites. Hulu.com is a great site where you can subscribe and watch your favorite TV shows, previous episodes and movies at only $7.99 a month. This may be better than watching cable TV - paying more than the said amount.
- 9Do a compare and contrast. You can call your current cable provider and other cable providers and ask about their promos. Compare and contrast their prices and promos and choose one that suits your preferences.
- 10Borrow some DVD movies from your public library. You can actually cancel your cable service and stick to borrowing some DVD movies from your public library. This can also help lower your bills. This works best if you only watch movies at night after work and do not like watching TV shows.
Tips Tricks & Warnings:
- Call your cable provider and ask for a cheaper rate.
- Call other cable companies to find a cheaper rate and compare it with your current cable price. You can eventually decide which one is better and more convenient.
- Buy some DVDs on a reliable online shopping site, like Amazon. They provide you with a list of DVD movies that you can buy and watch at a reasonable price.
- Watch movies online for free.
- Make use of your internet. You can find almost everything you want on the internet.
Categories : Financial
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Ermin