Customize the Home Panels with Shortcut Icons on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to customize an HTC One M8 home screen or panel by adding, moving and removing shortcut icons.
- 4Choose the panel to add things to. Scroll through the different panel and press down on the chosen panel. The home screen is the panel in the middle, it has the same 'home' icon as the icon in the bottom-middle of the phone, a white outline of a house. We are going to use the empty panel next to it. When it is selected, it will have a blue border.
- 5Tap on the arrow pointing down. It will either say 'Apps', 'Widgets' or 'Shortcuts' beside it. We need to be in the 'Shortcuts' section, so tap on that. This will show the selection of shortcuts. These are very useful as they allow us quick access to some areas of our phone. It's important to note that some of these will also require to be set up, so we won't be adding those. For example, 'Directions' or 'Gmail label'.
- 9Press down on the icon and we will then be able to drag it. We have to keep the finger on the screen until it is at the desired location. We can do this with every icon on the phone. We will feel the phone vibrate when the app is selected, then drag it and let go. We can also remove these shortcut icons from the panel.
- 10To remove a shortcut icon, we will need to press and hold it again like we would when moving it, then drag it to 'REMOVE' in white lettering at the top next to a white trash can. 'REMOVE' and the trash can will then be highlighted in red, which means that the shortcut icon is in the right place for us to remove it. Let go of it and the icon will be removed from the panel, but it will not affect the phone. We can repeat this process with any shortcut.
- 12This concludes the tutorial on how to customize an HTC One M8 home screen or panel by adding or removing shortcut icons. If you have any questions or comments about this video or about this process, then please leave them in the comment section below and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.
Video: Customize the Home Panels with Shortcut Icons on HTC One M8
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor