Create an Email Address
Edited by Christine Cruz, Graeme, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
No more snail mail. Modern technology now makes it possible for fast and reliable messaging that people have access to almost instantly. Snail mail takes days, and sometimes even weeks, to be delivered to the recipient, whereas having an email address guarantees a quick virtual door-to-door mailing.
In curriculum vitae, job seekers are required to provide an email address. This email address serves as the mailbox of the worker. Updates and announcements are sent through it, along with private messages. Just like it is imperative for people to have a phone, a person who wants to deal with the world of technology must also have an email address. So, how does one create an email address?
What's an Email Address?
An email address identifies an email box to which email messages are delivered. This article covers modern Internet email, but many earlier email systems used different address formats. An email address such as John.Smith@example.com is made up of a local part, an @ sign, then a domain part.
Short for electronic mail, e-mail or email is text messages that may contain files, images, or other attachments sent through a network to a specified individual or group of individuals. The first e-mail was sent by Ray Tomlinson in 1971. By 1996, more electronic mail was being sent than postal mail.
Email addresses serve a lot of purpose, from office work to school work, and much more. It serves as a virtual messenger that lets you send messages, images, videos or other attachments to another email. Basically, you are able to communicate virtually with just about anyone, almost anywhere, through the use of email.
There are a lot of email providers on the web that let you create your own address using their domain. For beginners, you must keep in mind that you should only create your email address on a website that can be trusted.
You can set up free email addresses using major email providers such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail. There are a lot of other email providers out there as well, but we will provide the steps in creating email addresses using these two.
Yahoo Mail is the mail messenger provided by Yahoo.
Here are the steps to create an email account in YahooMail.
- 4Fill in the details that are needed. Be careful with the information you are submitting. If this is an email address that you will be using for work, every detail should be provided with utmost honesty. If this address will only be used on some minor websites, you can leave some details blank, unless it is required.
- 5For choosing a secure but easy to remember password, you can proceed here Create Secure but Easy to Remember Passwords.
Gmail is short for Google Mail.
This is the mail messenger provided by Google. Here are the steps to create an email account in Gmail.
- 4Fill in the details that are needed. Be careful with the information you are submitting. If this is an email address that you will be using for work, every detail should be provided with utmost honesty. If this address will only be used on some minor websites, you can leave some details blank unless it is required.
- 5For choosing a secure but easy to remember password, you can proceed to Create Secure but Easy to Remember Passwords.
Keep in Mind
- 1Treat your email account as you would a diary. Do not, as much as possible, let anyone else access your email account. Don't give your passwords to anyone or any websites.
- 2Protect your account from spam. Delete unnecessary mail or junk mail immediately.
- 3If a mail is from an unknown source, be wary of it. Some emails contain viruses that may damage your computer.
- 4Clean your inbox regularly.
- 5You can sort your messages through the use of folders.
- 6Don't lose your password.
- 7Check it regularly.
Categories : Communications & Education
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Graeme