Create an Apple ID for your iPhone
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Lynn
In order to get the most from your iPhone, you need to have an Apple ID. When you download and install applications, use iPhone services and upgrade your applications and OS, an Apple ID is required. Below are the steps:
- 1Enable and unlock the iPhone. Enter the password if the device requires.Advertisement
- 2On your Home screen, tap Settings.Advertisement
- 3Scroll down until you see the entry: "iTunes and App Stores".
- 4Tap the "iTunes App Store". If there is an existing Apple ID logged in, log out from it.
- 5Click on "Create New Apple ID".
- 6Locate and select the country you are located in. Tap Done to confirm your choices, and then click Next to continue.
- 7See the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions and agree with them. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "OK", then tap again to alert actions. If you have trouble reading the document, you can choose it to be sent via email by clicking "Send Email" and entering a valid email address.
- 8Please enter your email address, password, security questions, three appropriate responses, and date of birth. Your password must be at least eight characters (including numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters), and no spaces. Neither should have three consecutive characters (AAA), even your Apple ID, or password which you used in the previous year. After registration, the email address will be your Apple ID.
- 9Enter your billing information. Apple requires you enter a mode of payment, such as Visa, MasterCard, or another option.
- 10Your card will not be charged when you only install free applications. It will only be charged when used it for paid application purchases.
- 11Also provide your billing address, which is your full name, address, city name, state name/province, postal code and telephone number. This is to confirm your payment information, and any purchases or online transactions you make shall be sent to your email address.
- 12Verify your account. An email will be sent to the email address you provided.
- 13Log in to your email account and check for the confirmation mail sent by Apple. The subject is "Please check the email address of contact for Apple ID." Open and click the link to verify your account.
- 14Go to the Apple website and log in using your Apple ID and password.
- 15Click "Verify address".
- 16Once done, you should have your own Apple ID
Create an Apple ID with no credit card
Are you stuck with your Apple ID registration because you do not have a credit card? The instructions below will allow you to make your own Apple ID without any credit card.
- 1Unlock your iPhone.Advertisement
- 2On the application list, open Settings by tapping on it.
- 3Tap on Store and sign out any logged in Apple ID.
- 4Go back to the application list and tap on "App Store".
- 5This is the most important part: Look for a FREE application and tap on the "Free" button.
- 6After tapping on the Free button, it will transform into an "Install" button; tap on it.
- 7You will be asked to sign in. Tap on "Create New Apple ID".
- 8You will now be taken to the Create a new account page; enter your country or region and tap the "Next" button.
- 10Confirm your action by tapping on the "Agree" button that will pop up.
- 11Enter your email address and password.
- 12Scroll down and go to Question & Answer section, where you will need to provide answers to three secret questions.
- 13Scroll down and enter your month, day and year of birth.
- 14You will now be on the billing information page, where you will be asked for a credit card. Take note that there is an option, "None", on the lower-most part of the choices; tap on it to proceed.
- 15Enter your personal details, like your first name, last name, address, and phone number; tap on Next to continue.
- 16Verify your account. Apple has sent an email to your registered email address. Open that email and follow the instructions in it. If you cannot find the email on your inbox, look for it in your Spam or Junk folder.
- 17After verification, your Apple ID can now be used. You can now go to Settings, then Store, and sign in with your newly registered Apple ID.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Leomar Umpad